Author Topic: WALSH: White Privilege Is A Myth. Here’s How Privilege Really Works In America.  (Read 379 times)

Offline mountaineer

WALSH: White Privilege Is A Myth. Here’s How Privilege Really Works In America.
Matt Walsh
June 19, 2020
Daily Wire
....   Nine of the poorest counties in the country are located in Eastern Kentucky. Nearly half of the residents in Owsley County are subsisting under the poverty line. Across the entire Appalachian region, the poverty rate is almost 20 percent with an average income of only $37,000. Look at the photographs of the poverty in Appalachia and you will have to remind yourself that these are images of Americans in the 21st century, not people in the third world, or pioneers in the 1800s.   ...

I bring all of this up because it seems relevant to the current conversation about “white privilege.” We are told that privilege is rewarded to all white children from birth, by virtue of their skin pigmentation. But in what sense, exactly, is a white child in a trailer park, with a meth-addicted mother and a father who committed suicide, and who has the worst standard of living in the country, and a life expectancy significantly shorter than most everyone else, privileged? What good is this privilege doing him? How does he cash it in? When will he see its benefits?

He is certainly not economically privileged. He is not privileged with a good education, good health care, good standard of living, good housing, good job opportunities. He is on the bottom rung in all of these areas. Is he privileged “systemically”? How so? What system, precisely, favors him, and in what way? It would seem to me — and I’m sure it seems even more to him — that he has been forgotten and forsaken by all systems, everywhere.   ...

At a deeper and more important level, children born to loving, stable two-parent homes are privileged. This indeed is the most significant privilege a person can be given, and the greatest defense against poverty, drug abuse, and all of the other social ills mentioned above. It is no coincidence that domestic strife is common in areas that suffer from a lack of economic privilege. The two issues feed each other, the ultimate vicious cycle.   ...
Read entire article at Daily Wire
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Good article, and far more in keeping with my own observations.
I was a fortunate child, not because we had a lot of money, but because I had two loving, God-fearing parents and we had enough of what we needed.
That they made material sacrifices for stability and the things we needed goes without saying.
I only recall one new car in my youth, all others were used.
We didn't have a color TV, but we had books, and even an encyclopedia, and learned as much or more at home than we did in school.
We ate well, because we hunted and fished and grew our own food.
We never had welfare when we were kids, and went to church every Sunday.
In that I was privileged, but it wasn't because I was white, it is because I was blessed with parents who placed our welfare above the latest gadgets, some substance to get high on, or new cars and fancy clothes, not that they didn't make sure we could appear well for any special occasion (after which the clothes were changed out of and out up for the next one). I don't know how many pairs of shoes my mother had, exactly, but I am sure I would have been able to count them on my fingers. No one in our family needed a walk-in closet, and we lived within our means.

Every day i am thankful for that upbringing, one which also stressed service to the community. We were a Volunteer Fire Department family, with both parents having been Fire and or EMS, and the two sons served as Fire and EMS as well.
My Father, nearing 90, still serves in an administrative capacity with the Department, so we learned life isn't just about us, and a lot about life at an early age compared to those we are confused with who had the sort of privilege we are accused of having--something few whites of my acquaintance actually had.

After all, what would have been the privilege if everyone lived that way?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline aligncare

White privilege is a soul sucking lie. A social virus spread through ignorance in order to divide us based on race, it’s an idea that is antithetical to our founding and to the reality of 21st century America.

Which begs the question, who or what concocted this destructive meme? In my opinion look no further than dirty, filthy corrupt democratic identity politics—and without overlooking the role of nefarious international Marxist insurrectionists who provide the money and logistics for this assault on our American values and political infrastructure.

The lie of white privilege is killing the soul of America and we must be prepared to stop it before it consumes us all in hate; though I fear it may already be too late.

Offline Smokin Joe

White privilege is a soul sucking lie. A social virus spread through ignorance in order to divide us based on race, it’s an idea that is antithetical to our founding and to the reality of 21st century America.

Which begs the question, who or what concocted this destructive meme? In my opinion look no further than dirty, filthy corrupt democratic identity politics—and without overlooking the role of nefarious international Marxist insurrectionists who provide the money and logistics for this assault on our American values and political infrastructure.

The lie of white privilege is killing the soul of America and we must be prepared to stop it before it consumes us all in hate; though I fear it may already be too late.
It's just playing on the inherent guilt of people who get paid too much for risking little to do jobs of negligible import. There are a lot of them out there.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

I was a fortunate child, not because we had a lot of money, but because I had two loving, God-fearing parents and we had enough of what we needed.
That they made material sacrifices for stability and the things we needed goes without saying.
We didn't have a color TV, but we had books, and even an encyclopedia, and learned as much or more at home than we did in school.
In that I was privileged, but it wasn't because I was white, it is because I was blessed with parents who placed our welfare above the latest gadgets, some substance to get high on, or new cars and fancy clothes, not that they didn't make sure we could appear well for any special occasion (after which the clothes were changed out of and out up for the next one). I don't know how many pairs of shoes my mother had, exactly, but I am sure I would have been able to count them on my fingers. No one in our family needed a walk-in closet, and we lived within our means.

Every day i am thankful for that upbringing, one which also stressed service to the community. We were a Volunteer Fire Department family, with both parents having been Fire and or EMS, and the two sons served as Fire and EMS as well.
My Father, nearing 90, still serves in an administrative capacity with the Department, so we learned life isn't just about us, and a lot about life at an early age compared to those we are confused with who had the sort of privilege we are accused of having--something few whites of my acquaintance actually had.

All the above is what’s unfortunately lacking in the inner cities
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

pointing-up   Thanks Smoke  pointing-up

Wish I could of read more of the article... Durn Paywall
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 07:22:31 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

pointing-up   Thanks Smoke  pointing-up

Wish I could of read more of the article... Durn Paywall
Interesting. Now, I hit the paywall, too, even with a private window.

C S Lewis