Author Topic: John Legend: Paying Cops and Building Prisons ‘Destructive for Our Society’  (Read 280 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
David Ng 22 Jun 2020

Grammy Award-winning pop star John Legend is doubling down on his calls to defund the police, saying that paying cops and building prisons are “destructive for our society.”

Legend is one of Hollywood’s most vocal supporters of the Defund the Police movement, which is demanding that police departments around the country be stripped of taxpayer dollars in response to the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis. John Legend said that paying police officer’s salaries is “expensive” and “destructive.”

“If we spend the money on the front end, so that folks have a chance to succeed, then we don’t have to spend it on the back end, paying a bunch of cops and building a bunch of prisons and all these other things that are really expensive and destructive for our society,” he told the Los Angeles Times in an interview published Monday.

The “All of Me” singer also said that the public should be wary of the police because their accounts of incidents are almost always untrue.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2020/06/22/john-legend-paying-cops-and-building-prisons-destructive-for-our-society/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Is this guy an idiot or what...I wonder how many security people he employs for his family?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Somalia doesn't have police or prisons, and I hear it's beautiful, especially this time of the year. Maybe he should see how well his brilliant idea works in real life.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline dfwgator

Richard Pryor once thought that way too....

Warning: Language

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
“If we spend the money on the front end, so that folks have a chance to succeed, then we don’t have to spend it on the back end, paying a bunch of cops and building a bunch of prisons and all these other things that are really expensive and destructive for our society,” he told the Los Angeles Times in an interview published Monday.

And just how many of HIS millions has he contributed to the BLM crowd.

EVERYBODY is always generous with everybody else's money.

I say someone needs to start a petition demanding Legend donate a minimum of 50 million of his own money to show how sincere he is. I realize this would mean he and his super model wife would have to tough it out on a mere 50 million or so themselves,but I think they could suck it up and get by if they tried.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline verga

Color me crazy, but wouldn't his money be better spent helping out the the minority businesses that have  been destroyed, or providing scholarships for minority students to send them to the school of their choice.   
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.