Author Topic: Former Thomas clerk: Roberts 'complicit' in Supreme Court 'being used as a partisan tool' against Tr  (Read 528 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Former Thomas clerk: Roberts 'complicit' in Supreme Court 'being used as a partisan tool' against Trump
By Joe Concha - 06/19/20 10:37 AM EDT

Carrie Severino, president of the conservative group Judicial Crisis Network, told Fox News on Friday that Chief Justice John Roberts is "complicit" in the Supreme Court "being used as a partisan tool" to undermine the Trump administration.

“What we are starting to see is a pattern of the chief justice unfortunately just being complicit and the court being used as a partisan tool to try to delay and undermine this president’s administration in their actions,” Severino, a former clerk for Justice Clarence Thomas, said on "Fox & Friends."

Her remarks came a day after Roberts sided with the Supreme Court's liberal wing in a 5-4 decision blocking President Trump's attempt to end legal protections for "dreamers" under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, which prevents young undocumented immigrants from being deported.

“This case couldn’t have been easier," Severino said. "We’ve got DACA, which is illegal. The president said we’re not going to continue a policy that’s already illegal."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/503554-former-thomas-clerk-roberts-complicit-in-supreme-court-being-used-as-a
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Sad but obviously true.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien