Author Topic: Trump calls for ‘new justices’ on Supreme Court, as conservatives rage at Roberts  (Read 295 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
??? Sigh.  Seriously .... justices aren't elected  .... they are appointed.  I'm not quite sure what he hoped to gain by stating this.  Only he can nominate a justice and then they have to be confirmed by the United States Senate, per the Constitution.  Who is he trying to kid by saying he's going to release a new list of justices?  Unless Ginsburg passes ... we're stuck with the two he nominated; Gorsuch and Kavanaugh.  None of the justices are going anywhere.

Sorry Mr. President ... we're not that stupid!!!  I find his statements offensive and quite frankly ... his justice appointments haven't been conservative and an absolute failure.  This was the one reason I voted for the man.  Very disappointing.

Trump calls for ‘new justices’ on Supreme Court, as conservatives rage at Roberts

President Trump, in the wake of Thursday's defeat at the Supreme Court in his efforts to repeal the Obama-era Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, called for new justices as conservatives took aim at Chief Justice John Roberts for what they called a “pattern” of siding with the liberal wing in key decisions.

“The recent Supreme Court decisions, not only on DACA, Sanctuary Cities, Census, and others, tell you only one thing, we need NEW JUSTICES of the Supreme Court. If the Radical Left Democrats assume power, your Second Amendment, Right to Life, Secure Borders, and ... Religious Liberty, among many other things, are OVER and GONE!”  he tweeted........

He went on to promise that he will release a “new list of Conservative Supreme Court Justice nominees, which may include some, or many of those already on the list, by September 1, 2020.”

Trump’s call comes after the court ruled Thursday, in a 5-4 decision penned by Roberts, that his reversal of former President Barack Obama’s executive order –­ that shielded immigrants who came to the country illegally as children from deportation –­ was in violation of the Administrative Procedure Act (APA), which sets out rulemaking procedures for federal agencies.........

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-justices-supreme-court-conservatives-roberts
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Conservatives should read the opinion before "raging at Roberts".    It was the Trump administration that flucked this up.

The GOOD news is that Trump was given permission by Roberts to fix the mistake.   Roberts says Trump can abolish DACA.   So Trump can make this a campaign issue if he wants to.  Or he can do the right thing and hammer out a deal.   The Dems, of course, have no conception of doing the right thing. 

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide