Author Topic: This Leftist Tantrum Is an Information Operation and Trump Is Winning It  (Read 806 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

This Leftist Tantrum Is an Information Operation and Trump Is Winning It
Townhall, Jun 18, 2020, Kurt Schlichter

<snip>

Understand that the leftist establishment would like nothing better than for Trump to go kinetic. That’s why it is baiting him, and hoping that those of us who are sick of these Lil’ Red Guards will pressure him into dropping in the paratroopers to bust some heads and – oh please, oh please, oh please – get caught on video Kent Stating up a batch of fresh new martyrs. Trump’s too smart for that, and frankly the establishment is too dumb and undisciplined to carry it out. The media shot its wad on the hyperbolic reaction to clearing out the park in front of the White House, demonstrating that even the most gentle and restrained of kinetic actions was going to get transmogrified into Hitler’s blitz across the Low Countries. And those generals screwed-up too, bad. They should have waited to wring their hands over Trump’s violent and dangerous employment of the military until he actually violently and dangerously employed the military. [...]

Right now, the American people are seeing chaos. But chaos does not necessarily play against Trump in the long term. Biden is trapped, trying to nuance his unsteady carcass through the conflict between the Democrats’ “’Defund the Police’ means ‘Reform the Police’” faction and the “No, ‘Defund the Police’ really means ‘Defund the Police’” faction. All the while, Trump is tweeting “LAW AND ORDER!”

Do you think this is all helping the Dems? If you do, stop watching MSNBCNN. Except among Hollywood jerks, urban hipsters and whiny woke wine women from Westchester, the attack on order means “Advantage: Trump.” You can see the results if you look behind the media curtain. Remember how the media had a collective panty-wetting over the meaningless Georgia primary and the GOP’s alleged voter suppression? Did you wonder why the media felt it was such a big deal? The answer is in the actual results, which you did not hear about if you listen to the garbage mainstream media. Trump, who had the nomination sewn up, crushed Biden and the rest of the Dems combined in votes. Wait, didn’t all the smart people tell us that Georgia, under the carb-curious leadership of Governor Stacy Abrams, was turning blue?

Yeah, right.

Trump is winning this information battle. Conservative Americans – and moderate Americans who want law and order – can’t wait to vote against defunding the police, rioting and appeasement. The Silent Majority is being roused again.

Read more:  https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2020/06/18/this-leftist-tantrum-is-an-information-operation-and-trump-is-winning-it-n2570782

FTA

Trump can and should let Seattle’s problem be Seattle’s problem. A small-scale riot in a peripheral city known for coffee, drizzle, and droning, garbage music is the very definition of a local problem. Why would Trump interject himself into it and relieve the mayor and governor of the consequences of their failure to keep order? Why would he stop them from showing the electorate exactly what the reeking cesspool they could expect after Gropey Joe defunds the police looks like?

Scumbagistan is a giant zit on the face of liberalism, and why should Trump pop it? He’s letting it fester for all of us to see – and winning the information war.

@DCPatriot   For you 

If we had a "Must Read" section I'd have posted this article at the top of the list.

Kurt's outdone himself.   happy77

« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 11:16:22 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline aligncare

So many issues, so much information to process coming at a rapid pace. Minneapolis, Atlanta, New Mexico, Seattle. I’m struggling to stay calm and keep my perspective.

BKMK

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
The silent majority is indeed being roused,  in reaction to Democrat politicians imposing arbitrary economic ruin while letting mobs run wild in the streets.

Safety and security for the law-abiding is the simple demand of those Nixon labelled the Silent Majority.   Trump may officially be, in the eyes of the despicable media,  the One you Must Hate,  but here's the thing -  we still enjoy in this nation the right of a secret ballot.

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

So many issues, so much information to process coming at a rapid pace. Minneapolis, Atlanta, New Mexico, Seattle. I’m struggling to stay calm and keep my perspective.

BKMK

I think of all of this as different acts in the same play.  And it's all building to a climax we get to write.   wink777

@aligncare

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
The silent majority is indeed being roused,  in reaction to Democrat politicians imposing arbitrary economic ruin while letting mobs run wild in the streets.

Safety and security for the law-abiding is the simple demand of those Nixon labelled the Silent Majority.   Trump may officially be, in the eyes of the despicable media,  the One you Must Hate,  but here's the thing -  we still enjoy in this nation the right of a secret ballot.

All of the true intention of that goes away with mail-in voting, proxy voting, ballot harvesting, dubious voting machines, etc.

Purple finger voting on a paper ballot in a voting booth or it didn't happen.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline aligncare

All of the true intention of that goes away with mail-in voting, proxy voting, ballot harvesting, dubious voting machines, etc.

Purple finger voting on a paper ballot in a voting booth or it didn't happen.

A survey of voting in other countries, many in the third world, reveal they have more secure systems than the US.

If you survey history in our country you find democrats cavalierly stealing election after election in democrat cities.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
It's like the Mexican guy that just got fired for supposedly making a white power sign while driving his truck.

Except of course he isn't white, and from the largest minority in the US population. If I were Hispanic I'd be pissed.

I don't think people are going to overlook that. This is a melting pot. It seems anyway till it comes to citizens of African descent.

They are held out by the white liberal media as the talisman and oracle we must all consult before we can even have a thought, to make sure it is correct.

It comes across as separatism and supremacy, and gives the impression that they only want to dominate and prey upon everyone else.

And they are only 15% of the population, a fact not lost on the rest of the country.

The Republic is lost.

Offline aligncare

It's like the Mexican guy that just got fired for supposedly making a white power sign while driving his truck.

Except of course he isn't white, and from the largest minority in the US population. If I were Hispanic I'd be pissed.

I don't think people are going to overlook that. This is a melting pot. It seems anyway till it comes to citizens of African descent.

They are held out by the white liberal media as the talisman and oracle we must all consult before we can even have a thought, to make sure it is correct.

It comes across as separatism and supremacy, and gives the impression that they only want to dominate and prey upon everyone else.

And they are only 15% of the population, a fact not lost on the rest of the country.

Exactly. What ever happened to lady liberty’s blind fold? BLM rioters tore it off and replaced it with a microscope trained on white America. To those of us old enough to remember, that’s not the America we knew.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

And of that 15% how many are actually up in arms?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@DCPatriot   For you 

If we had a "Must Read" section I'd have posted this article at the top of the list.

Kurt's outdone himself.   happy77

@Right_in_Virginia   Outstanding!!  Thanks for the ping.  :patriot:

And to think it wasn't very long ago that a Schlicter thread wouldn't make to to a 2nd page around here without being locked and buried.   (extreme sarcasm)   *****rollingeyes*****
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

So long as it's not a "Mail-in" ballot...cause that's their 'Obiwan Kenobe' card.  Their only hope.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Right_in_Virginia I added this, for you... happy77

:bkmk:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
In my mind he's winning, and probably in most of our minds, but why don't the polls reflect that? This is very depressing. Apparently I think differently than most of the country. I'm hoping the polls are lagging a few weeks behind. The MSM is giddy with each negative Trump poll.

Offline skeeter

Schlichter's premise has credibility - radical movements have a long record of taking moral advantage of violent clashes with authorities which they've provoked. Right out of their handbook.

Offline aligncare

In my mind he's winning, and probably in most of our minds, but why don't the polls reflect that? This is very depressing. Apparently I think differently than most of the country. I'm hoping the polls are lagging a few weeks behind. The MSM is giddy with each negative Trump poll.

They’re just whistling past the graveyard. Believe yourself, not the media with its five year history of lying about Donald Trump.

For the most part the polls don't show it because the polls can't show it --- it's contrary to the media's narrative.  There are so many variables to play with to get the desired outcome for the nightly news.  But remember, nearly right to the point when Hillary conceded, the pollsters were still trying to show her leading. (Remember how they refused to call Pennsylvania?)

But there's another dynamic in play.  Most supporters of the President don't admit it.  There are certain social/business events where even I don't volunteer the information.

The point is:  trust your instincts, trust your own eyes.  The outcomes of the off-cycle elections were a red wave, not the blue one as predicted.  And remember the primary votes.  POTUS, running without competition, not only received in primary after primary more votes than the democrat nominee, but more votes than the last three presidents received in the primaries for their reelection nomination --- even after Trump reached the magic 1237 number of delegates.

They want us discouraged.  I prefer to disappoint them.   happy77

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 02:26:33 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
For the most part the polls don't show it because the polls can't show it.  There are so many variables to play with to get the desired outcome for the nightly news.  But remember, nearly right to the point when Hillary conceded, the pollsters were still trying to show her leading.

But there's another dynamic in play.  Most supporters of the President don't admit it.  There are certain social/business events where even I don't volunteer the information.

The point is:  trust your instincts, trust your own eyes.  The outcomes of the off-cycle elections were a red wave, not the blue one as predicted.  And remember the primary votes.  POTUS, running without competition, not only received in primary after primary more votes than the democrat nominee, but more votes than the last three presidents received in the primaries for their reelection nomination --- even after Trump reached the magic 1237 number of delegates.

They want us discouraged.  I prefer to disappoint them.   happy77

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

My instinct though is very negative at this point, it seems we're losing on all front. I understand about Trump's upset over Hillary, but it'd be nice to see some movement in the polls. I don't understand how BLM could be so popular with so much evidence of how violent it is you know?

My instinct though is very negative at this point, it seems we're losing on all front. I understand about Trump's upset over Hillary, but it'd be nice to see some movement in the polls. I don't understand how BLM could be so popular with so much evidence of how violent it is you know?

Does it pass the sniff test that a candidate who has to be kept locked in a basement is wining?  Seriously.   :whistle:

Please, hear me:  They want to upset you with these polls... and they want you to pass that upset along.

Tune them out or start laughing at them.  The first couple of times will be tough, but after that the laughter will be spontaneous.  This is how we kept it together in 2016 .... until we could make our voices heard in the only poll that mattered.

Keep the faith @Weird Tolkienish Figure   :beer:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Nice.   88devil

@Cyber Liberty

Well, I've thought about it since you mentioned it a couple of times....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I can see your frustration.  The problem is, polls are not intended to measure public opinion, they are designed to move public opinion.  Once you realize that, you'll never believe polls again, and won't give them the power to depress you.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
And of that 15% how many are actually up in arms?

A third, maybe?
The Republic is lost.