Author Topic: More young people across the South are testing positive for coronavirus, officials warn  (Read 566 times)

Online libertybele

More young people across the South are testing positive for coronavirus, officials warn

Officials in states across the South are warning that more young people are testing positive for coronavirus.
The shifts in demographics have been recorded in parts of Florida, South Carolina, Georgia, Texas and other states -- many of which were some of the first to reopen.
And while some officials have pointed to more widespread testing being done, others say the new cases stem from Americans failing to social distance.
In Mississippi, where one health officer called adherence to social distancing over the past weeks "overwhelmingly disappointing," officials attributed clusters of new cases to fraternity rush parties.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said last week that people under 30 made up a majority of new coronavirus cases in several counties. He said that increase in young infected people could be related to Memorial Day parties, visits to bars or other gatherings.
And in Florida, Gov. Ron DeSantis said Friday that the median age was 37 for newly diagnosed coronavirus cases over the last week. In the state, 62% of new cases for the week of June 7 are under 45 years old, he said.
"That is a big change from where we were at the end of March and the beginning of April. It was skewing much older at that time," he said.........

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/21/us/us-coronavirus-sunday/index.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
That is also the most socially starved generation already, by the way. They've grown up with social media and have grown to hate it. They're more likely to lack wives and families, and are thus most likely to be harmed by social distancing.

Social distancing was never a long-term solution. It collapses after a few months, because it's extremely damaging to one's mental health.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This actually makes sense, because tests had previously been limited to the most "at risk of death" people (old).  Now that there are a lot of tests available, it's only natural we'd be seeing a lot more young folks being tested.  Duh.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Was talking with my daughter this weekend about my grandson going back to school in the fall, she said they are asking parents opinions on different options like no masks or making the kids wear masks and no recess among others like some attendance and some home programs with online coursework. She asked my grandson if he wanted to go back if they made him wear a mask and he said no, so she told him that if that's what the school decides she will home school him. I sad great, let the damn schools survive without the daily attendance count for dollars. They are going to deprive these children of being able to interact and play with their friends, it makes no sense.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Was talking with my daughter this weekend about my grandson going back to school in the fall, she said they are asking parents opinions on different options like no masks or making the kids wear masks and no recess among others like some attendance and some home programs with online coursework. She asked my grandson if he wanted to go back if they made him wear a mask and he said no, so she told him that if that's what the school decides she will home school him. I sad great, let the damn schools survive without the daily attendance count for dollars. They are going to deprive these children of being able to interact and play with their friends, it makes no sense.

They might miss the kids, but look at the bright side:  They would be protected from the most dangerous influence out there...public schrewl teechers.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Hoodat

More young people across the South are testing positive for developing immunity to coronavirus, officials warn

There, fixed it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-