Author Topic: Aunt Jemima to remove image from packaging and rename brand  (Read 8866 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Aunt Jemima to remove image from packaging and rename brand
« Reply #150 on: June 19, 2020, 10:26:37 pm »
What's funny about this is, the Quaker OWNS Aunt Jemima in real life!

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #151 on: June 20, 2020, 01:16:27 am »
Trying to appease people stricken with group-racial psychosis or some form of societal sickness, may require extraordinary effort. Or, it just might take a charismatic figure from the African American community, maybe a national figure from politics or entertainment, sports or academics, to come along and be like the anti-Obama. Someone who can grab these folks by the collar and talk some sense, shake them out of this disease in their souls.

Or maybe it’s just the wine talking. I don’t know.

Offline corbe

« Reply #152 on: June 20, 2020, 01:57:25 am »
Johnson & Johnson drops skin-whitening creams

Martinne Geller
Reuters June 19, 2020

LONDON (Reuters) - Johnson & Johnson has decided to stop selling skin-whitening creams popular in Asia and the Middle East, it said on Friday, after such products have come under renewed social pressure in recent weeks amid a global debate about racial inequality.

Johnson & Johnson will stop selling its Clean & Clear Fairness line of products, sold in India, a spokeswoman told Reuters. It was reported earlier this month that it would drop its Neutrogena Fine Fairness line, available in Asia and the Middle East.

"Conversations over the past few weeks highlighted that some product names or claims on our dark spot reducer products represent fairness or white as better than your own unique skin tone," Johnson & Johnson said. "This was never our intention – healthy skin is beautiful skin."

<..snip..>

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/johnson-johnson-drops-skin-whitening-133946010.html
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #153 on: June 20, 2020, 02:02:24 am »
I still don't understand eliminating Mrs. Butterworth, the grandmotherly white woman of syrup renown.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

« Reply #154 on: June 20, 2020, 02:09:58 am »
Johnson & Johnson drops skin-whitening creams

Martinne Geller
Reuters June 19, 2020

LONDON (Reuters) - Johnson & Johnson has decided to stop selling skin-whitening creams popular in Asia and the Middle East, it said on Friday, after such products have come under renewed social pressure in recent weeks amid a global debate about racial inequality.

Johnson & Johnson will stop selling its Clean & Clear Fairness line of products, sold in India, a spokeswoman told Reuters. It was reported earlier this month that it would drop its Neutrogena Fine Fairness line, available in Asia and the Middle East.

"Conversations over the past few weeks highlighted that some product names or claims on our dark spot reducer products represent fairness or white as better than your own unique skin tone," Johnson & Johnson said. "This was never our intention – healthy skin is beautiful skin."

<..snip..>

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/johnson-johnson-drops-skin-whitening-133946010.html

If only Michael Jackson could weigh in on this ....  :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #155 on: June 20, 2020, 02:18:22 am »
If only Michael Jackson could weigh in on this ....  :shrug:
Or Sammy Sosa.

Online libertybele

« Reply #156 on: June 20, 2020, 02:22:12 am »
Sorry folks ... this cartoon popped into my head ... (my favorite Tom & Jerry cartoon)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYkJ0M1bUIU
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #157 on: June 20, 2020, 02:46:40 am »
Sorry folks ... this cartoon popped into my head ... (my favorite Tom & Jerry cartoon)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYkJ0M1bUIU

That one is one of my faves.  I liked the Zoot Suit one, too.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #158 on: June 20, 2020, 04:51:06 am »
Trying to appease people stricken with group-racial psychosis or some form of societal sickness, may require extraordinary effort. Or, it just might take a charismatic figure from the African American community, maybe a national figure from politics or entertainment, sports or academics, to come along and be like the anti-Obama. Someone who can grab these folks by the collar and talk some sense, shake them out of this disease in their souls.

Or maybe it’s just the wine talking. I don’t know.

They are pushing this way past the political spectrum.

I am going to tell you a secret by shouting it out loud.

HE has always been here.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #159 on: June 20, 2020, 05:45:43 am »
I still don't understand eliminating Mrs. Butterworth, the grandmotherly white woman of syrup renown.  :shrug:

@mountaineer

I truthfully don't understand any of it. Corporations are throwing away trademarks that are in some cases over 50 years old,and worth millions when it comes to brand recognition and sales. Start up corporations would give their left nut to gain even a fraction of that brand recognition,and here are people setting fire to it with no reward in sight.

Corporations exist SOLELY to return profits to their investors,yet here are Corporations throwing away millions of dollars in revenue to be PC,and nobody seems to care.

All to please people who,for the most part are at the bottom of the purchase chain,and if it weren't for food stamps and welfare or drug dealing/pimping,would starve to death if they didn't eat each other.

And our entire media seems to be treating these retards like they are some sort of wise sages or Holy Men,come to Earth to save us all.

On top of that,we have a senile retard that is also a child molester and a felon running for President as the candidate of one of our two major parties,and nobody in the news media seems to think any of that is worth mentioning. Just ONCE,I would love to see some reporter ask Jimmy Kimmel or one of the other political sages if they would be willing to let Slow Joe baby sit their minor children,or trust him with their checkbook or credit card.

I have gone from dreading the reality of a revolution,to convinced the country won't survive if we DON'T have one.

To quote that famous philosopher Goober Gore,"Whut is spossta be up is doawn,and ....drool break....,whut iz spossata be doawn iz up!"
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 05:47:26 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #160 on: June 20, 2020, 12:57:13 pm »
I truthfully don't understand any of it. Corporations are throwing away trademarks that are in some cases over 50 years old,and worth millions when it comes to brand recognition and sales. Start up corporations would give their left nut to gain even a fraction of that brand recognition,and here are people setting fire to it with no reward in sight.
From now on, the only permissible product labels look like these:

NO cartoon characters, animals, human faces, please!!

Offline corbe

« Reply #161 on: June 20, 2020, 01:45:37 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #162 on: June 20, 2020, 01:52:13 pm »
From now on, the only permissible product labels look like these:

NO cartoon characters, animals, human faces, please!!

Back in the 70's, when I lived in Kalamazoo, MI, I shopped at Jewel grocery, and this is what their "generics" looked like:

I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #163 on: June 20, 2020, 02:16:03 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Democrats revel in identity politics; we’re supposed to “see” race—no color blind interactions tolerated or you are “branded” racist. But now in the most advanced consumer nation on earth they want generic sameness—no branding. I wish they’d make up their mind.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #164 on: June 20, 2020, 02:18:37 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Democrats revel in identity politics; we’re supposed to “see” race—no color blind interactions tolerated or you are “branded” racist. But now in the most advanced consumer nation on earth they want generic sameness—no branding. I wish they’d make up their mind.

There is a reason branded products look like they do, and the market will reassert itself when the shit blows over.
I will NOT comply.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #165 on: June 20, 2020, 05:38:04 pm »
I have the sheet music to "Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby." Come on over for a singalong!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #166 on: June 20, 2020, 05:51:02 pm »
Mo Mo  @molratty
We could have school choice and get rid of public sector unions like police and teachers, but no, let's just rename products and call it a day.
9:23 PM · Jun 19, 2020

I don't care about them renaming the products at all. But can we please stop pretending we are serious with this empty gestures.
How does this help?
Who does this help?

Those are the questions. If the answers are "not in any measurable way" and "mainly the person taking the action" then the gesture is usually going to be useless and empty.

https://twitter.com/molratty

Online roamer_1

« Reply #167 on: June 20, 2020, 08:02:16 pm »
Back in the 70's, when I lived in Kalamazoo, MI, I shopped at Jewel grocery, and this is what their "generics" looked like:

Yeah, that black and white stuff was up here too... I remember that

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #168 on: June 20, 2020, 08:23:31 pm »
Eskimo Pies to drop ‘derogatory’ name over racial insensitivity

The maker of Eskimo Pies will change the 99-year-old brand name of the ice cream treat, the company said Friday — becoming the latest organization to overhaul the marketing of a product with a racially tinged moniker in recent weeks.

The owner of the Eskimo Pie, Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream, said in a statement they had been considering renaming the chocolate-covered ice cream bar and popsicle for some time.

“We are committed to being a part of the solution on racial equality, and recognize the term is derogatory,” the company’s head of marketing said in a statement.

“This move is part of a larger review to ensure our company and brands reflect our people values,” the company added.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/19/eskimo-pies-to-drop-derogatory-name-over-racial-insensitivity/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online roamer_1

« Reply #169 on: June 20, 2020, 08:27:18 pm »
There is a reason branded products look like they do, and the market will reassert itself when the shit blows over.

Yeah, it's in marketing DNA. But that these ancient proud brands are to be torn down just baffles me.

But I don't know how much any of that marketing crap works, anyway... I think the symbols do. The things that make an item unique and identifiable in order to be picked...

I am partial to Betty Crocker... Nothing at all against Duncan Hines or the others, whoever and whatever they are. I don't care to try them out - I have always had a good time with ol Betty, and you can bet the if I am in the baking aisle, I am looking for a red box, and that Betty Crocker signature.

Now, do all their commercials and specials and couponing, and everything they do matter in welding me to that product? Yes, very probably. Brand recognition is very likely what caused me to try that brand at the first moment of decision. But that's all. the rest is a loyalty born of normalcy. As long as ol Betty works for me, I will keep using it... entirely.  All they can do to mess that up is crank the price enough or mess up the product expectation enough to cause me to look for otherwise.

But it is the symbolism that causes me to FIND ol betty on the shelf.  THAT is what they are messing with... If I were into prepared pancake stuff, three things are in my mind... Bisquick, Aunt Jamima, and Mrs. Butterworth... I know what all those look like and could find them on the shelf. Their brands would likely be held higher in my decision making, because I know them.

Not that I do, mind you - I think there may be an old box of Bisquick in the house, but none of the rest are here. Like any redneck boy, I scratch build pancakes, and being as close as I am to Canada, of course my tastes run toward REAL maple syrup, and will have no other.

But altering that brand is just crazy. They are top names in their field BECAUSE of those brands. How will people find them afterward?

« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 08:43:03 pm by roamer_1 »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #170 on: June 20, 2020, 08:39:30 pm »
Eskimo Pies to drop ‘derogatory’ name over racial insensitivity

https://nypost.com/2020/06/19/eskimo-pies-to-drop-derogatory-name-over-racial-insensitivity/

What is really hilarious in that is that the name 'Inuit' is another group name - just like Eskimo... And does not displace Eskimo-Aleut at all. Just a subgouping under that heading, and I know enough about Alaska to know that natives ain't any more fond of being grouped into 'Inuit' than they are into 'Eskimo'.

Around here, you'd better know the tribe your native friend comes from, not the confederation.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #171 on: June 20, 2020, 08:57:07 pm »
What is really hilarious in that is that the name 'Inuit' is another group name - just like Eskimo... And does not displace Eskimo-Aleut at all. Just a subgouping under that heading, and I know enough about Alaska to know that natives ain't any more fond of being grouped into 'Inuit' than they are into 'Eskimo'.

Around here, you'd better know the tribe your native friend comes from, not the confederation.
Like Sioux, or Iroquois, there were many distinct tribes, and those formed by distinct bands....

(Interesting no one ever mentions the Iroquois Confederation and The Great Law of Peace in the origins of our own government, even though that Federation lasted for some 200 years.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

« Reply #172 on: June 20, 2020, 09:10:14 pm »
French bread next?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #173 on: June 20, 2020, 09:12:16 pm »
French bread next?

Naw.  It's OK to appropriate Europeans' culture.  They're evil "Ice People."
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #174 on: June 20, 2020, 09:33:50 pm »
Like Sioux, or Iroquois, there were many distinct tribes, and those formed by distinct bands....

(Interesting no one ever mentions the Iroquois Confederation and The Great Law of Peace in the origins of our own government, even though that Federation lasted for some 200 years.)

Right... Around here, the Salish are the Bitterroot Salish, Kootenai, and Upper Pend 'Orielle... But the greater Salish Nation historically was a much greater confederation that covered most of western MT, upper Idaho, eastern Washington, and stretches far into Alberta and British Columbia, and contained many other tribes...

Interesting thing about the Iroquois... The Salish had a prophet back in the day named Shining Shirt who had a dream that was later confirmed in talking to the Iroquios about the coming of the whites and particularly the Jesuits.

Now, I don't know how that all stretches out. But the Iroquois were talking to the Salish, way out here in the Rockies. Some day I will take the time to track that down.