Author Topic: Aunt Jemima to remove image from packaging and rename brand  (Read 8914 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Aunt Jemima to remove image from packaging and rename brand
« Reply #125 on: June 19, 2020, 12:32:59 am »
aligncare wrote:
"I think I know what your answer would be. And while I consider you a friend and ally, your answer is not workable."

In these times and the times that are to come, "answers" previously considered to be "unworkable" are going to have to be reconsidered and re-evaluated, because there will suddenly be no choice NOT to do so...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #126 on: June 19, 2020, 12:40:27 am »
Some are listening. First comment out of the box:

ZZRider
1 day ago
Wow Damani, you are a relentless blowtorch of truth and common sense!  Love your material, and I have mad respect for you having the nads to seriously tell a whole lot of people who sorely need to be told. [end]

More importantly, blacks are beginning to listen. And that listening will only be enhanced when the voices speaking are black men and women who are unafraid that they will be attacked as Uncle Toms.

We’ve got to help blacks, not with welfare, special treatment or government programs—but by restoring black culture to its pre-Great Society status as intact families with strong fathers and mothers, as burgeoning entrepreneurs, as faith and community leaders who loved freedom and loved America.

Gang bangers and Colin Kaepernick need not apply.
:yowsa:
Before all that crap in the 60s, this is the pattern of success that blacks were trying to follow in Southern Maryland. My friends related as much to me, and added in a hitch in the military to qualify for the GI Bill so they could go to college.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2020, 12:47:40 am »
@IsailedawayfromFR

Who will benefit from this? It won't be thee or me.

Nor will it be the blacks,who will die like flies in the streets if they ever get the revolution they have been taught to believe they want,and the white man ever decides to start fighting back.

It will be a small group of people who we vaguely know as "international bankers". The people who are behind people like George Soros and giving him his marching orders,and pushing for a fascist world where THEY are the undisputed Masters of the Universe.
The question is who wants to develop what in the six block area in Seattle that is getting "occupied"?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2020, 12:49:19 am »
The question is who wants to develop what in the six block area in Seattle that is getting "occupied"?

Bill Gates.  :smokin:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #129 on: June 19, 2020, 02:17:08 am »
Bill Gates.  :smokin:

The irony of this is, one of the grievances of these children of the corn is the gentrification of the city. :silly:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

« Reply #130 on: June 19, 2020, 02:22:46 am »

I'm very triggered by this photo
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #131 on: June 19, 2020, 02:35:46 am »
....shhh....they'll be coming for Cream of Wheat next.  I mean come on, how racist can you get?

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #132 on: June 19, 2020, 02:47:21 am »

....shhh....they'll be coming for Cream of Wheat next.  I mean come on, how racist can you get?

Sure looks like a Black Man with a funny hat and tie handing me a piping hot bowl of Antifa, I'll never eat it again.   :smokin:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #133 on: June 19, 2020, 12:20:20 pm »

There's a simple answer for that: simply have the chef convert to Islam:

Kareem of Wheat.  Problem solved.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #134 on: June 19, 2020, 12:20:57 pm »
There's a simple answer for that: simply have the chef convert to Islam:

Kareem of Wheat.  Problem solved.

:rolling:

Brilliant. Well played.
 :cool:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #135 on: June 19, 2020, 01:55:27 pm »

They are on it.  Scroll up.   9999hair out0000

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,405599.msg2232857.html#msg2232857
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #136 on: June 19, 2020, 02:01:50 pm »
So is it racist to have any kind of blacks as mascots? Won't that hurt certain black commercials actors and such?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #137 on: June 19, 2020, 02:05:36 pm »
So is it racist to have any kind of blacks as mascots? Won't that hurt certain black commercials actors and such?

Probably.  This stamping out of black icons is probably the silliest aspect of Only Black Lives Matter.
I will NOT comply.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #139 on: June 19, 2020, 03:39:31 pm »
Lucky Charms is cultural theft! How DARE they offend the Irish so!

This stuff is so stupid it hurts.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #140 on: June 19, 2020, 03:54:06 pm »

Additonally watch television commericals in general, and watch that and how many times  the idiot or cluess person in the ad is a white male. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #141 on: June 19, 2020, 04:02:36 pm »
Additonally watch television commericals in general, and watch that and how many times  the idiot or cluess person in the ad is a white male.
There's A Twitter account that makes that observation. It's called @stupidwhiteads
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #142 on: June 19, 2020, 08:15:36 pm »
Eskimo Pie ice cream ditches 'derogatory' name as companies remove racially insensitive branding

“We have been reviewing our Eskimo Pie business for some time and will be changing the brand name and marketing.” Elizabell Marquez, head of marketing for Dreyer’s, told the Washington Examiner, adding that Dreyer's is “committed to being a part of the solution on racial equality, and recognize the term is derogatory.”

The term “Eskimo” is considered derogatory because it was given to the indigenous peoples of Alaska and Canada by non-Inuit people and was said to mean “eater of raw meat." The name, however, is thought to come from the French word "esquimaux," which means "one who nets snowshoes."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/eskimo-pie-ice-cream-ditches-derogatory-name-as-companies-remove-racially-insensitive-branding
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #143 on: June 19, 2020, 08:16:12 pm »
 9999hair out0000

Support the USO

Offline libertybele

« Reply #144 on: June 19, 2020, 08:23:12 pm »
Until corporations and companies but an end to this utter insanity it won't stop.  Equal rights and all that I get it... but declaring everything and any white person as a racist is going beyond lunacy!

What about M&M's ... clearly the brown M&M was colored brown to be racist!   *****rollingeyes***** 

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #145 on: June 19, 2020, 08:45:20 pm »
Until corporations and companies but an end to this utter insanity it won't stop.  Equal rights and all that I get it... but declaring everything and any white person as a racist is going beyond lunacy!

What about M&M's ... clearly the brown M&M was colored brown to be racist!   *****rollingeyes***** 

Hey - isn't that Samuel L. Jackson?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #146 on: June 19, 2020, 10:16:47 pm »
Great-grandson of Syracuse’s Aunt Jemima angry at her removal: ‘This is an injustice’
Updated 5:09 PM; Today 10:38 AM
By Geoff Herbert

Syracuse, N.Y. -- Aunt Jemima’s great-grandson is angry.

Larnell Evans Sr., the great-grandson of a Syracuse woman who played Aunt Jemima for nearly 20 years, tells Patch that he vehemently disagrees with Quaker Oats’ decision to change the logo and name on its Aunt Jemima products, including pancake mix and syrup.

“This is an injustice for me and my family. This is part of my history, sir,” Evans said Thursday. “The racism they talk about, using images from slavery, that comes from the other side — white people. This company profits off images of our slavery. And their answer is to erase my great-grandmother’s history. A black female… It hurts.”

Evans’ great-grandmother, Anna Short Harrington, portrayed Aunt Jemima from 1935 to 1954 after being discovered by Quaker Oats Company representatives while cooking pancakes at the 1935 New York State Fair. She was hired as an actress to dress up like Aunt Jemima and travel North America, serving pancakes and promoting the brand.

Harrington, who cooked for many fraternity houses at Syracuse University and is buried in Syracuse, was the third “Aunt Jemima.” Nancy Green, a former slave, originated the role with an apron and head scarf in 1893. ... More

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #147 on: June 19, 2020, 10:19:30 pm »
Great-grandson of Syracuse’s Aunt Jemima angry at her removal: ‘This is an injustice’
Updated 5:09 PM; Today 10:38 AM
By Geoff Herbert

Syracuse, N.Y. -- Aunt Jemima’s great-grandson is angry.

Larnell Evans Sr., the great-grandson of a Syracuse woman who played Aunt Jemima for nearly 20 years, tells Patch that he vehemently disagrees with Quaker Oats’ decision to change the logo and name on its Aunt Jemima products, including pancake mix and syrup.

“This is an injustice for me and my family. This is part of my history, sir,” Evans said Thursday. “The racism they talk about, using images from slavery, that comes from the other side — white people. This company profits off images of our slavery. And their answer is to erase my great-grandmother’s history. A black female… It hurts.”

@mountaineer

Being that stupid SHOULD hurt.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #148 on: June 19, 2020, 10:22:24 pm »
None of the women who portrayed the fictional "Aunt Jemima" suffered. None was enslaved. All were compensated. The original AJ - a former slave - even had a lifetime contract to play the part.

Oh, the humanity. A white American corporation giving a good job to a former slave and to other black women. How cruel.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #149 on: June 19, 2020, 10:25:02 pm »
Political correctness will be imposed at the cost of anyone's heritage or history. And what ever the new brand is, it isn't coming in my door.

C S Lewis