Author Topic: NYPD officers taken to hospital after drinking milk shakes at Shake Shack, 'no criminality'  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Applewood

NYPD officers taken to hospital after drinking milk shakes at Shake Shack, 'no criminality'

Three NYPD police officers were taken to the hospital on Monday night after drinking milkshakes at a Shake Shack in the city that they said had an unfamiliar taste, police officials told Fox News.
After a thorough investigation by the NYPD’s Manhattan South investigators, it has been determined that there was no criminality by shake shack’s employees," Chief  Rodney Harrison, the head of detectives for the department, announced on Twitter.

The burger chain did not immediately respond to an after-hours email from Fox News, but the incident initially raised speculation within police unions that the drinks were tampered with given the recent incidents involving police officers across the country.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nypd-officers-taken-to-hospital-after-drinking-milk-shakes-at-shake-shack-cops

This happened Monday night and already it's been declared there is "no criminality?"  Sounds fishy to me.

Online mountaineer

Very little in NYC is against the law these days, except Jewish children wanting to use the playground in their neighborhood.
Shake Shack Employees ‘Intentionally Poison’ Police Officers While Serving Them in New York City, According to Union Accusation
This is the result of Black Lives Matter tyranny.
Published 7 hours ago on Jun 16, 2020
By Shane Trejo
BigLeaguePolitics

Law enforcement personnel were reportedly poisoned by employees at a Shake Shack in New York City on Monday night.

The news was posted on the Twitter account of the Detectives’ Endowment Association (DEA), a labor union that represents New York City Detectives. ...
Detectives' Endowment Association  @NYCPDDEA
9h
URGENT SAFETY MESSAGE
Tonight, three of our fellow officers were intentionally poisoned by one or more workers at the Shake Shack at 200 Broadway in Manhattan. Fortunately, they were not seriously harmed. Please see the safety alert  ...

@NYCPDDEA
Evidently, however, the toxic substance, a cleaning solution, accidentally made its way into the officers' shakes. If so, we are all relieved to hear that this was not an intentional attempt to harm our officers and are pleased to report they will make a full recovery.

Detectives' Endowment Association@NYCPDDEA
7m
We want to thank all NYPD personnel who responded efficiently to this potentially disastrous situation. Thank you to Shake Shack for their full and timely cooperation in the investigation. The fact remains, please stay vigilant, stay safe and always be aware of your surroundings.

https://twitter.com/NYCPDDEA/status/1272721892131188743
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

John Cardillo   @johncardillo
NYPD brass is saying the Shake Shack milkshake machine wasn’t rinsed properly after cleaning and that the three 42 pct cops weren’t intentionally targeted with the bleach cleaner.
If that’s true, why weren’t any other customers affected?
8:26 AM · Jun 16, 2020

Offline aligncare

NYPD brass is saying the Shake Shack milkshake machine wasn’t rinsed properly after cleaning and that the three 42 pct cops weren’t intentionally targeted with the bleach cleaner.

Quoted for truth and concern for our police.

America is falling apart and some people here just want to know when Netflix will be releasing the next season of blah blah blah.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
SHAKE SHACK
@shakeshack
·
10h
We are horrified by the reports of police officers injured at our 200 Broadway Shack in Manhattan. We are working with the police in their investigation right now.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

SHAKE SHACK
@shakeshack
·
10h
We are horrified by the reports of police officers injured at our 200 Broadway Shack in Manhattan. We are working with the police in their investigation right now.

They wouldn’t happen to be talking about the sham investigation where no criminal involvement is suspected, would they?

Offline skeeter

Very little in NYC is against the law these days, except Jewish children wanting to use the playground in their neighborhood.Detectives' Endowment Association  @NYCPDDEA
9h
URGENT SAFETY MESSAGE
Tonight, three of our fellow officers were intentionally poisoned by one or more workers at the Shake Shack at 200 Broadway in Manhattan. Fortunately, they were not seriously harmed. Please see the safety alert  ...

@NYCPDDEA
Evidently, however, the toxic substance, a cleaning solution, accidentally made its way into the officers' shakes. If so, we are all relieved to hear that this was not an intentional attempt to harm our officers and are pleased to report they will make a full recovery.

Detectives' Endowment Association@NYCPDDEA
7m
We want to thank all NYPD personnel who responded efficiently to this potentially disastrous situation. Thank you to Shake Shack for their full and timely cooperation in the investigation. The fact remains, please stay vigilant, stay safe and always be aware of your surroundings.

https://twitter.com/NYCPDDEA/status/1272721892131188743

If I were one of those injured police I'd be relieved to hear it was only cleaning solution in my shake.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher

America is falling apart and some people here just want to know when Netflix will be releasing the next season of blah blah blah.

One of my first jobs out of college was with the State Dept. of Health.
(1) Even way back there were very strict guidelines for what can be used for food contact surfaces.  If memory serves correctly, a 5 ppm(parts per million)  bleach solution and soapy water were the industry standard.
(2) Shake machines are contained devices, and are typicaly about 5-10 gallons in nature.  If pure bleach was used, the residual left on the stainless surface would not have been enough to hurt anyone, once shake mix was added back.  It maybe would just badly taint the flavor.  No doubt in my mind....   this was intentional.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 02:18:50 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
a cleaning solution, accidentally made its way into the officers' shakes

Alrighty then....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Bingo!  You can't tell me if the official story is true, no one else got sick or at least noticed a lousy taste in their shakes.  Did the police talk to any other customers?

The incident occurred yesterday and within hours, it was declared an accident.  That makes me wonder -- did someone tell the police to only do a slapdash investigation because no one wants it to get out that the officers were deliberately poisoned?  Or maybe the authorities know this wasn't an accident, but they are putting out the story that it is to perhaps induce the perpetrator to make a mistake and get caught?  I have it in my head that maybe the perpetrator, thinking he got away with it, might brag to his friends and one of them will turn him in.

Or maybe I've been watching too many crime shows.  LOL

Offline Applewood

That's not fair  People are concerned with the state of the nation.  But sometimes one has to focus on other matters. preferably something fun, or otherwise, a person can go stark raving mad.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Bingo!  You can't tell me if the official story is true, no one else got sick or at least noticed a lousy taste in their shakes.  Did the police talk to any other customers?

The incident occurred yesterday and within hours, it was declared an accident.  That makes me wonder -- did someone tell the police to only do a slapdash investigation because no one wants it to get out that the officers were deliberately poisoned?  Or maybe the authorities know this wasn't an accident, but they are putting out the story that it is to perhaps induce the perpetrator to make a mistake and get caught?  I have it in my head that maybe the perpetrator, thinking he got away with it, might brag to his friends and one of them will turn him in.

Or maybe I've been watching too many crime shows.  LOL

This might be a tad tinfoil, but I would not be surprised if Shake Shack is afraid to fire the perps trying to poison the cops.  See my post above around the plausibility of this being an accident.  They're probably afraid of getting the Wendy's Treatment.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
That's not fair  People are concerned with the state of the nation.  But sometimes one has to focus on other matters. preferably something fun, or otherwise, a person can go stark raving mad.

There are times my wife walks by, and sees me getting so red in the face that she physically extracts me from the computer or any TV news.  Yes, those diversions are needed for health reasons.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This might be a tad tinfoil, but I would not be surprised if Shake Shack is afraid to fire the perps trying to poison the cops.  See my post above around the plausibility of this being an accident.  They're probably afraid of getting the Wendy's Treatment.

@catfish1957

I have never even heard of Shake Shack before,so I obviously know nothing about how they operate or how many employees would have been working there at that time,but is it POSSIBLE they just don't have any way to determine who it was that "cleaned the machine/poisoned the shakes"?

Most retail establishments these days seem to have cameras that record what is happening inside the food service area as well as the public areas,but is this the case with the Shake Shack? If it is,they should have video of the machines being cleaned/poisoned.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 04:12:24 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This might be a tad tinfoil, but I would not be surprised if Shake Shack is afraid to fire the perps trying to poison the cops.   

@catfish1957

That is also a possibility. I have personally known of store managers locking up at night and then getting shot or shot at as they walked to their cars for calling the cops on shoplifters.

And this was back in the early 70's,before people became "entitled".

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I don't know about Shake Shack, but I managed MickeyD's for a over twenty years and we never cleaned our machines during business hours unless it was broken. So the question begs, what are the odds that these officers were the lucky first persons to get a shake from this inadequately cleaned machine, how much time elapsed between the officers noticing something wrong and informing the management and how did it turn out that no other customers ordered shakes before or immediately after the police officers?
<p>
Something very odoriferous is emanating from this Bullshit story. Being the huge racist I am I can't help but wonder as to either the ethnicity or political leanings of those involved in assembling the officers order. Also if I were a member of the police force I might be inclined to promote the thought that perhaps any future  calls to Shake Shack be handled in a less than urgent manner. Hell pretty soon all calls in New York may be handle in a less than urgent manner as more officers come to the realization that it's not worth the increasing abuse and risk to their lives and families.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't know about Shake Shack, but I managed MickeyD's for a over twenty years and we never cleaned our machines during business hours unless it was broken. So the question begs, what are the odds that these officers were the lucky first persons to get a shake from this inadequately cleaned machine, how much time elapsed between the officers noticing something wrong and informing the management and how did it turn out that no other customers ordered shakes before or immediately after the police officers?
<p>

@GtHawk

Excellent points I hadn't even considered.

Online mountaineer

I worked at Wendy's. The "Frosty" machine was cleaned and thoroughly sanitized at closing time, and left to air dry. By the next morning, no customer would have tasted the cleaning solution.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I worked at Wendy's. The "Frosty" machine was cleaned and thoroughly sanitized at closing time, and left to air dry. By the next morning, no customer would have tasted the cleaning solution.
Exactly plus the fact that the sanitizer was a mild chlorine solution that would lose potency exposed to air. Now the other thing is that the shake machine is required to be primed after assembly and part of that procedure is to observe any liquid rinse water left in the machine expelled until a full flow of shake mix is observed so that even if Mikey Moron didn't completely rinse the machine the vast majority of once again mild sanitizer would be expelled dropping the percentage to any shake to very small amount. Add to this that the sanitizer, which is probably made by the same company for most, when properly mixed will cause OMG some stomach nausea and diarrhea.

No, this wasn't some accident by a lazy employee no matter how they try to play it. 

Offline dancer

I suppose the glass in the cop's pizza was just an accident as well.   

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The NYPD Chief of D's is providing cover for Shake Shack on this saying it wasn't intentional.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
There are times my wife walks by, and sees me getting so red in the face that she physically extracts me from the computer or any TV news.  Yes, those diversions are needed for health reasons.
THere is a reason we both have a remote...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

:thud:
How the NYPD faked Shake Shack ‘poisoning’ controversy: sources
By Craig McCarthy
June 22, 2020 | 12:03pm

The three cops at the center of the NYPD milkshake “poisoning” scandal never even got sick, and there wasn’t the slightest whiff of criminality from the get-go — but that didn’t stop gung ho brass from rolling out the crime-scene tape and unions from dishing out empty conspiracy theories, The Post has learned.

The fullest picture yet to emerge of the incident — which came amid fraught tensions between the police and public — is based on records and multiple interviews with police sources.

The three officers were down from The Bronx, on protest duty in Lower Manhattan June 15 when they ordered the now-infamous mid-shift treats via a mobile app around 7:30 p.m., purchasing three shakes across two separate orders, sources said.  ...

Police sources explained it was clear that the workers couldn’t have known cops had placed the orders “since it wasn’t done in person” — and they couldn’t have dosed the drinks after the officers arrived, because they were packaged and waiting for pick-up when the trio walked in.  ...
NY Post

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
:thud:NY Post
Okay, so why would 3 cops risk their credibility and potential of being fired, for  something like this? 

This still doesn't smell right......

Offline Applewood

Okay, so why would 3 cops risk their credibility and potential of being fired, for  something like this? 

This still doesn't smell right......

The Post is generally reliable, so I'm inclined to believe this story.  But I too wonder why anyone in the police department would create such a hoax. 

The article says the investigation is ongoing, so maybe we will learn more later -- assuming the Post keeps on it.  Wouldn't trust anyone else in the media to follow up.