Author Topic: The Memo: Bolton and Trump gear up for book fight  (Read 746 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
The Memo: Bolton and Trump gear up for book fight
« on: June 15, 2020, 05:05:26 am »
The Memo: Bolton and Trump gear up for book fight
By Niall Stanage - 06/13/20 06:00 AM EDT

The opening skirmishes in a battle between President Trump and his former national security adviser John Bolton were being fought on Friday — and there are plenty more to come.

Bolton’s book, “The Room Where It Happened,” will be published on June 23.

According to marketing material from his publisher, Bolton will allege that Trump’s purported misdeeds regarding Ukraine — the issue that led to his impeachment in December — were replicated “across the full range of his foreign policy.”

The publisher promises that Bolton “documents exactly what those were” and also stresses that the author was “astonished” to see “a president for whom getting reelected was the only thing that mattered, even if it meant endangering or weakening the nation.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/the-memo/502558-the-memo-bolton-and-trump-gear-up-for-book-fight

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline LottieDah

Re: The Memo: Bolton and Trump gear up for book fight
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 08:24:44 pm »
According to AOL News Trump's niece wrote a book about Trump which contains salacious details.  Sounds like a couple of interesting reads.

Offline berdie

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 09:04:50 pm »
According to AOL News Trump's niece wrote a book about Trump which contains salacious details.  Sounds like a couple of interesting reads.

It might be if it weren't this close to the election. The niece writes a book and somebody writes a book about the Melania "deal". If it were more a more transparent political ruse...

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 02:38:58 am »

I know I am going to buy Bolton's book.   The other one sounds interesting also.  Trump is really threatening Bolton now.  Says if he releases the book it will be criminal.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.