Author Topic: Kudlow: US economy 'off to the races' for V-shaped recovery  (Read 363 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kudlow: US economy 'off to the races' for V-shaped recovery
By Zack Budryk - 06/14/20 03:37 PM EDT

White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow predicted a sharp economic recovery as a result of states restarting their economics despite the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, saying the U.S. was “off to the races.”

“I think, with the rescue package and the reopening of the economy as we transition, 80 percent of small businesses, according to the Chamber of Commerce, are reopening. Business applications, new business applications are roaring, tremendous demand for housing and homes. That's new homes,” Kudlow told Fox’s Maria Bartiromo on Fox News’ “Sunday Morning Futures.” “I think we're off to the races in what will be a very strong V-shaped recovery.”

Asked by Bartiromo about Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell’s projection that the recovery would likely be slower and longer for certain industries, Kudlow called Powell’s analysis “a little morose,” noting that the Federal Reserve’s “forecasts were pretty good for 2021. In fact, unemployment will probably drop below 10 percent before year-end.”

Kudlow added that “New York, for example, is now beginning to reopen. That's a big chunk of GDP. I can predict you're going to get gales of creative destruction.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/502674-kudlow-us-economy-off-to-the-races-for-v-shaped-recovery
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34