Author Topic: South Carolina police release bodycam footage of officer shooting dead a black handcuffed shopliftin  (Read 276 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
South Carolina police release bodycam footage of officer shooting dead a black handcuffed shoplifting suspect outside a Walmart - after cops say he pointed a gun at them

Ariane Lamont McCree, 28, was shot and killed by police outside a Walmart in Chester, South Carolina back in November
    Footage of the fatal shooting has only just been released after the incident sparked protests and community unrest in the small South Carolina city
    McCree was handcuffed at the time of the shooting after being detained on suspicion of shoplifting
    The officers involved claim they acted in self-defense and that McCree pulled a gun on police as he was fleeing the shoplifting arrest
    Shell casings from the scene show that officers fired at least two dozen times
    The bodycam video shows an officer with his gun drawn approaching McCree from across the parking lot
    The officers were later filmed removing a gun from McCree's body

By Emily Crane For Dailymail.com

Published: 11:39 EDT, 15 June 2020 | Updated: 11:39 EDT, 15 June 2020

Police in South Carolina have released body camera video of officers fatally shooting a handcuffed black man they said was wielding a gun in a Walmart parking lot.

Ariane Lamont McCree, 28, was shot and killed by police outside a Walmart in Chester back in November.

Footage of the fatal shooting has only just been released after the incident sparked protests and community unrest in the small South Carolina city.

McCree was handcuffed at the time of the shooting after being detained on suspicion of shoplifting.

more w/video
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8422861/Bodycam-shows-South-Carolina-police-shooting-dead-black-handcuffed-man.html?ito=push-notification&ci=18756&si=9755648
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
SC residents ought to question spraying 24 rounds in a parking lot, to stop a shoplifter.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Axeslinger

So I’ve read a bunch of articles on this trying to establish how shooting him while handcuffed could be justified.  And I think I’ve probably arrived at the answer.  He was obviously cuffed before being frisked and in fact I would bet a lot of money that he ran when the frisking started.   The cops who shot him probably weren’t the ones who cuffed him, they were probably responding to man with a gun in the Walmart parking lot.   As they’re approaching, they’re yelling “hands up” or similar...not knowing he was cuffed.  So to them, they’ve got a guy w a gun who won’t show his hands.   Can’t tell from the vid but if he twitched at all, they were gonna light him up.

I guarantee...as is usual in a lot of these cases...it’s gonna come down to a perp who resisted and cops who didn’t communicate worth a damn
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson