Author Topic: Two historic pioneer statues torn down on University of Oregon campus  (Read 403 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Two historic pioneer statues torn down on University of Oregon campus

by KMTR STAFF Saturday, June 13th 2020

EUGENE, Ore. (KMTR) — Two historic statues have been torn down on the University of Oregon campus this weekend — the Pioneer Mother and the Pioneer outside Johnson Hall.

The Pioneer Statue has been dragged up the steps of Johnson Hall, while the Pioneer Mother was still laying next to her mount.

Statues of Confederate figures have come down during protests in the southern US, and protesters in England tore down a statue of a slave trader and dumped it in a nearby river. Statues of Christopher Columbus have also been targeted.

Protesters have taken to the streets of Eugene for the past two weeks, with several different groups organizing protests and marches.

A group held a teach-in on campus Saturday. Another group held a rally at Alton Baker Park.

It is not yet known who is responsible for what happened to the pioneer statues on the Oregon campus.

more
https://kval.com/news/local/breaking-two-historic-pioneer-statues-torn-down-on-university-of-oregon-campus
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

What was their crime, other than being white and born before 1990?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What was their crime, other than being white and born before 1990?

It's mindless. 

It reminds me of the "Hijack a plane to Cuba" craze back in the 60's.  They had no idea why they would want to fly to Cuba, but they quickly found out what's what when Castro simply arrested them and put them to slave labor harvesting sugar cane.   
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Sadly, this one didn't fall and crush the perp.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park Calif. had an exhubit, to the string of missions along the coasgt from San Diego to above San Francisco.

Teachers would take school children as part of history education.

Today it is popular with some, to hold the Native Americaans were held prisoner, for their slave labor whilst indoctrinated with Christianity.

I favor just saving the history, accurately.

In Cody Wyoming there's a fantastic museum, with exhibits of Bill Cody the showman, of the Plains Indians, of the Firearms of the west, and ofthe Art of the West.

The Plains Indian Wars are an important part of history.

I favor retaining the history, accurately; not tearing it down.

A  very good alternative to tearing stuff down, exists in the form of added "interpretave material

Example: The exhibit for the Battle of the Little Big Horn, was changed to add material from Native Americans, to tell the story through their culture's and istory's viewpoints.

I think it would add more strength to black's grievances, to leave the statues, and append local stories of life during old days.

In California historical racial grievances, are Hispanic v. whites, Asians v. whites, some Native Americans v. whites

Tell the entire damn stories.  Make nice museums, monuments, etc.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln