Author Topic: Retired generals who denounced Trump could be recalled to active duty and prosecuted, experts say  (Read 630 times)

rangerrebew

Retired generals who denounced Trump could be recalled to active duty and prosecuted, experts say

The Uniform Code of Military Justice prohibits using "contemptuous words" against the president.
By Susan Katz Keating
Last Updated:
June 12, 2020 - 9:28am

Retired four-star military officers who lambasted President Trump could be recalled to active duty and prosecuted for violating the U.S. Code, military law experts told Just the News.

“Retired officers can't make contemptuous remarks of the commander-in-chief,” said John Dowd, a former Marine Corps Judge Advocate and former Trump legal advisor. “They’re all subject to recall. They’re subject to the Uniform Code of Military Justice until they die.”

The pertinent law is Title 10 of the U.S. Code, Section 888, the experts said.

https://justthenews.com/government/security/retired-generals-who-denounced-trump-could-be-recalled-active-duty-and?utm_source=daily-newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I suppose it would be technically possible, it'll never happen because the optics would be incredibly bad. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I suppose it would be technically possible, it'll never happen because the optics would be incredibly bad.

Just talk. I doubt there is even a precedent for this.

Fake news. Some bottom tier writer needs a provacative story.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Just talk. I doubt there is even a precedent for this.

Fake news. Some bottom tier writer needs a provacative story.
I wonder which has better odds of happening, this or a meteorite slamming into Nancy Pelosi's head?

Offline skeeter

Optics would be bad but these ribbon wearing jackasses sure are setting a bad precedent.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Cyber Liberty

Even worse than bad optics,it would pretty much guarantee them congressional seats or higher paying corporate board seats than they are already getting.

All you would be doing is rewarding them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

Even worse than bad optics,it would pretty much guarantee them congressional seats or higher paying corporate board seats than they are already getting.

All you would be doing is rewarding them.

@sneakypete

Exactly.  There are dozens of downsides to this course of action, and only one positive, satisfying a pique.  If anybody were to actually suggest this, they would be slapped out of the room, and probably out of a job.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@sneakypete

Exactly.  There are dozens of downsides to this course of action, and only one positive, satisfying a pique.  If anybody were to actually suggest this, they would be slapped out of the room, and probably out of a job.
Even so, the mention of the possibility is interesting.
a four-star officer retiring with 40 years of experience would receive an annual pension of $237,144, plus health benefits.

Just the thought of losing that little nest egg would hurt.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Even so, the mention of the possibility is interesting.
Just the thought of losing that little nest egg would hurt.

@Smokin Joe

It would also solidify their determination to sell out to the highest bidder.

ANY General officer who is truly patriotic would stay the hell OUT of politics.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Smokin Joe

It would also solidify their determination to sell out to the highest bidder.

ANY General officer who is truly patriotic would stay the hell OUT of politics.
In or out, run for office or go golfing or fishing or whatever they do.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away."
I will NOT comply.