Author Topic: LIVE THREAD:x Atlanta police chief steps down after fatal shooting near Wendy's drive-thru  (Read 2753 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Again, you don't know this. 

Let the investigation move forward.  Unless, of course, you know what's happening there, too.

@Right_in_Virginia

Yes,I do. There is this thing called a "video" that recorded it all. You can clearly see this.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Making "judgements" on insufficient data is never a good thing.

@Cyber Liberty

You mean like making judgements on what happened without having watched the video?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

You mean like making judgements on what happened without having watched the video?

Or perhaps making judgements based ONLY on having watched a video, but OK, go ahead if you've never heard the old bromide that eyewitnesses make the worst evidence.  It's a free forum. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Or perhaps making judgements based ONLY on having watched a video, but OK, go ahead if you've never heard the old bromide that eyewitnesses make the worst evidence.  It's a free forum.

@Cyber Liberty

I would trust my lying eyes over witnesses,but what do I know?

I give up. I just can't fight "logic" like you present,and I have already said all there is to say on this subject.

Believe whatever flips your switch.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

I would trust my lying eyes over witnesses,but what do I know?

I give up. I just can't fight "logic" like you present,and I have already said all there is to say on this subject.

Believe whatever flips your switch.

I think I have insufficient data to go around flipping any switches.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline aligncare

If he was fleeing either of us civilians, we would be in trouble if we shot him in most states.  This is an area where being a LEO matters.  :shrug:

“Stop treating us like animals”

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

It’s a tough job being a cop. Their families worrying if they’ll come home after every shift.

Starting salary for NY police: $42,500. Much less in most medium and smaller sized cities.

NYC custodians and doormen make more and they’re not facing vilification from the media, or hostile mobs, or criminals with guns.

They deserve our respect and support, until and unless they break their oaths of office or break the law themselves. But, in today’s environment I suppose using bad judgment or overreacting out of fear for their own safety is reason enough to crucify them in the media.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 09:22:32 pm by aligncare »

Online Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia

Yes,I do. There is this thing called a "video" that recorded it all. You can clearly see this.

I'm not going to argue with you @sneakypete   You've got your agenda.  And unfortunately, your drumbeat is louder.

Have nice day.

Offline dfwgator

Georgia NAACP calls for resignation of Atlanta Police Chief Erika Shields after police shooting

By: WSBTV.com News Staff
Updated: June 13, 2020 - 4:31 PM

ATLANATA — The Georgia NAACP has called for the immediate resignation of Atlanta Police Chief Erika Shields the morning after a black man was killed in a confrontation with Atlanta Police.

Rayshard Brooks was killed outside a Wendy’s Friday night after police investigated him for sleeping in a car. Brooks and police got into a scuffle in which Brooks apparently got one of the officer’s Tasers, the GBI said.

GBI Director Vic Reynolds said it appears the Brooks ran from the officers, but then turned back around and pointed the Taser at them before officers shot him.

more
https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta/georgia-naacp-calls-immediate-resignation-apd-chief-erika-shields/EYPYAZSL7VH4DLFSNOPU6XSWRM/

I see her pic and I think of Dirty Harry's line, "That's a helluva price to pay for being stylish."

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Stacey Abrams previews new talking points: ‘man was murdered because he was asleep in a drive-thru’
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/06/15/stacey-abrams-previews-new-talking-points-man-was-murdered-because-he-was-asleep-in-a-drive-thru-934641
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Stacey Abrams previews new talking points: ‘man was murdered because he was asleep in a drive-thru’
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/06/15/stacey-abrams-previews-new-talking-points-man-was-murdered-because-he-was-asleep-in-a-drive-thru-934641

@mystery-ak

You want the true story?

She has put in enough time to retire with a VERY nice pension and benefit package,and she just isn't interested in having to listen to all the crap that will get thrown her way if she stays,so she is bailing.

Who can blame her?

Offline skeeter

So blame Mothers Against Drunk Driving, who is probably the most responsible for making penalties for being DWI life ruiningly stiff.

Drunk driving is a scourge and kills thousands, and according to today's legal mandates the cops have very little choice than to escalate if a drunk driver resists arrest.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Atlanta DA considering murder charges against police officer who shot Rayshard Brooks
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/06/atlanta_da_considering_murder_charges_against_police_officer_who_shot_rayshard_brooks.html

Somebody didn't learn from Marilyn Mosby. And this case, IMO, is less ambiguous
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Hoodat

One thing is for certain.  If the perpetrator had been white, the cops would have shot him.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

REVEALED: Rayshard Brooks Struggled with Police, Stole Their Taser, Shot It At Police, Likely Because He Didn’t Want to Go to Prison Based on Prior Record
By Joe Hoft
Published June 15, 2020 at 11:42pm
Speculation, perhaps, but this guy - like Mr. Floyd - did have a criminal record of violence.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
One thing is for certain.  If the perpetrator had been white, the cops would have shot him.

@Hoodat

Yup,because he "disrespected mah authori-tay when he stole mah stun gun and embarrassed me!"

The prime difference is nobody other than his immediate family would have given a Pelosi if he lived or died. No political points to score from killing a white man,and there is nothing the Dim base loves more than a good Pity Party.