State Chapters > State Politics/Government

Baltimore Fines Church For Holding Services While Thousands Protest In The Streets

(1/1)

PeteS in CA:
https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-shaw/2020/06/13/baltimore-fines-church-holding-services-thousands-protest-streets/

Baltimore Fines Church For Holding Services While Thousands Protest In The Streets

--- Quote ---In the Baltimore suburb of Dundalk, Pastor Stacey Shiflett made some headlines recently when he stood at the lectern in the Calvary Baptist Church and tore up a cease and desist order he’d received from the government. Declaring that his congregation was “going to do it God’s way,” he insisted that if Walmart could be open, then his church would serve the needs of the congregation. He proceeded to do just that on the following Sunday, while ensuring that congregants observed social distancing rules and had their temperatures taken upon arrival.

Good to their word, the government turned around and levied a fine on the Pastor. But now, one of Maryland’s congressmen is vowing to have the Department of Justice launch an investigation unless the fine is rescinded by Tuesday.
--- End quote ---

I guess the City of Baltimore has fixed its crime problems and cleaned up their streets so they can now afford to defend a selective-enforcement civil rights case.

240B:
I am sure the fact that the pastor is White, had NOTHING to do with the decision to prosecute.
In the next few years, it will be illegal to be White in Baltimore.

dfwgator:

--- Quote from: 240B on June 13, 2020, 07:09:21 pm ---I am sure the fact that the pastor is White, had NOTHING to do with the decision to prosecute.
In the next few years, it will be illegal to be White in Baltimore.

--- End quote ---

It won't take a few years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version