Author Topic: Image Shows Russian Special Forces Using Western Equipment  (Read 263 times)

rangerrebew

Jun 11, 2020,07:50am EDT
Image Shows Russian Special Forces Using Western Equipment
H I Sutton

Russia’s famous Spetsnaz special forces have a long and proud tradition. Until recently their unit identity was wrapped up in distinctly Russian clothing and equipment. The camouflage schemes, load carrying ‘webbing’ and helmets were instantly recognizable. That was up until recently. Today they are looking increasingly Western and wear kit from countries including America, France and Italy.
Russian FSB Vympel Spetsnaz combat diver with WesternEquipment

Most of the equipment of this Russian 'Vympel' special forces diver can be identified as Western. In ...
  • H I Sutton (Inserts Russian MOD, Vitaly V. Kuzmin)

The above image shows a Russian ‘Vympel’ dive team member wearing the latest gear. Vympel is one of the leading FSB (Federal Security Service - the modern day KGB) special forces units. The only part of the equipment that is recognizable as Russian, aside from the Velcro flag patch on his American helmet, is is weapon. The magazines in his chest pouches reveal that he would be carrying a Viyaz-SN submachine gun. This is a 9mm weapon based on the famous Kalashnikov family of weapons.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hisutton/2020/06/11/image-shows-russian-spetsnaz-special-forces--using-western-equipment/#30e638141141

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Image Shows Russian Special Forces Using Western Equipment
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 10:23:24 pm »
There is nothing new about this. I knew of recon teams in VN that carried AK's and RPD's. The point men almost always wore NVA uniforms and carried AK's.

That one moment when you meet the enemy face to face and he doesn't immediately recognize you as an enemy can save your life,and the lives of everyone on your team.

Hell,this was going on in WW-2.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!