Author Topic: No border wall for Arizona tribe's Colorado River stretch  (Read 1141 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
No border wall for Arizona tribe's Colorado River stretch
« on: June 13, 2020, 12:34:13 am »
AZPM News by Alisa Reznick 6/11/2020

The cross-border Cocopah Indian Tribe has lived along the river delta for centuries.

President Trump's wall now stretches along 200 miles of U.S.-Mexico borderland. Progress hasn’t slowed during the coronavirus pandemic; in some places it’s even accelerating. But there’s a tiny swath of tribal land on the Colorado River where that’s not the case.

The Cocopah Indian Tribe’s reservation sits in the river’s delta, a corner of the borderland where California, Arizona and Mexico meet. Today tribal members are some of 40 million residents in western states who receive a share of water from the Colorado River basin. But they have been tied to the river much longer than those states have existed.

"The Colorado River where we are located is the line that divides us between US and Mexico," said Joe Rodriquez, a Cocopah tribal member and the director of its museum. "So the river itself is also on our land."

More: https://news.azpm.org/p/news-articles/2020/6/11/174720-no-border-wall-for-arizona-tribes-colorado-river-stretch/

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: No border wall for Arizona tribe's Colorado River stretch
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 01:18:48 pm »
If they allow illegals to flood through their land, they'll learn the hard way to regret allowing that flood.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2020, 03:46:45 pm »
If they allow illegals to flood through their land, they'll learn the hard way to regret allowing that flood.

This resistance on the part of communities on the border will create local zones of illegal entry, and the inhabitants will find themselves bearing the brunt of the human migration in the form of high crime and environmental degradation.  For this reason, it's wise to just say, "OK, fine.  Do it to yourselves."

Meanwhile, the rest of the wall gets built, and checkpoints can be set up just outside the towns allowing it. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2020, 04:07:45 pm »
I am not certain, of the specific boundaries of the area in question.

I am certain the area adjacent to the border, in Imperial county, along Hwy 8, is some of the most productive farland on earth.

It sounds like the Indian wars, starting over again.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2020, 05:39:15 pm »
https://www.cocopah.com/about-us.html

The Cocopah Tribe of Arizona is comprised of three noncontiguous bodies of land known as the North, West and East Reservations. Today, the East, West and North Reservations comprise over 6,500 acres, much of which is leased as agricultural land to non-Indian farmers. The Cocopah Reservation is located 13 miles south of Yuma, AZ, and 15 miles north of San Luis, Mexico, in Yuma County along the Colorado River. The reservation's unique geographical location borders the United States, Mexico, Arizona and California.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2020, 07:32:09 pm »
@PeteS in CA

That's an odd way to write "Will get rich from the bribes paid by drug and human smugglers to allow them to cross their land without calling the cops."
liv
Or at least the tribal leaders will get rich. The rest of the drunks will continue to live their lives as drunken pets.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2020, 01:39:34 pm »
@PeteS in CA

That's an odd way to write "Will get rich from the bribes paid by drug and human smugglers to allow them to cross their land without calling the cops."
liv
Or at least the tribal leaders will get rich. The rest of the drunks will continue to live their lives as drunken pets.

No, @sneakypete, it was an allusion to the real-life destruction illegals did that forced shutting down Organ Pipe National Monument for a year or two to clean it up. And to the real-life violence suffered by ranchers whose ranches are near the border at the hands of illegals.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2020, 02:06:47 pm »

I see it as an opportunity to reconstitute war parties and recapture some of the glory of the past.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2020, 03:27:55 pm »
I see it as an opportunity to reconstitute war parties and recapture some of the glory of the past.

@skeeter

Are you Comanche?

Taking in honorary tribal members?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2020, 04:49:43 pm »
@skeeter

Are you Comanche?

Taking in honorary tribal members?

Not unless honorary tribal members can grant honorary tribal member status.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2020, 05:25:25 pm »
Not unless honorary tribal members can grant honorary tribal member status.

@skeeter

If you can get it,go for it. It might give you a "cloud" to hide behind to avoid federal charges.

Try to get it in writing and notarized,if possible.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2020, 07:05:31 pm »
@skeeter

If you can get it,go for it. It might give you a "cloud" to hide behind to avoid federal charges.

Try to get it in writing and notarized,if possible.

Better to be safe than sorry.

My half sister is part apache. I used to loan her money all the time while growing up. That ought to count for something,.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2020, 07:08:09 pm »
My half sister is part apache. I used to loan her money all the time while growing up. That ought to count for something,.

That depends.  Did she pay it back with interest?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2020, 07:09:26 pm »
That depends.  Did she pay it back with interest?

Hell no. And she still thinks I'm a tightwad.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2020, 07:19:03 pm »
Hell no. And she still thinks I'm a tightwad.

I hear ya.  I'm a tightwad too.  Maybe even a skin-flint.
I will NOT comply.