Author Topic: MLK’s Niece Says Biden Speaks From A Different Reality In Saying Floyd’s Death Had A Bigger Impact T  (Read 301 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Mary Margaret Olohan
Social Issues Reporter
June 12, 2020 2:21 PM ET

Martin Luther King Jr.’s niece criticized 2020 presidential candidate Joe Biden Friday for saying George Floyd’s death had a bigger impact than the MLK assassination in an exclusive interview with the Daily Caller News Foundation.
    Alveda King spoke out after the former vice president said Thursday that “even Dr. King’s assassination did not have the worldwide impact that George Floyd’s death did.”
    “I believe that Mr. Biden continues to speak from his basement from a reality that is different from what’s happening in the real world,” King said. “Why is it necessary to compare Martin Luther King Jr. And George Floyd?”

Former Vice President Joe Biden spoke from from a different reality when he commented that George Floyd’s death has had a greater worldwide impact than Martin Luther King Jr.’s assassination, King’s niece said in an exclusive interview with the Daily Caller News Foundation.

Advocate, activist, author, and speaker Alveda King reacted the presumptive 2020 Democratic nominee’s statement Thursday that “even Dr. King’s assassination did not have the worldwide impact that George Floyd’s death did.”

“I believe that Mr. Biden continues to speak from his basement, from a reality that is different from what’s happening in the real world,” King told the DCNF over the phone. “Why is it necessary to compare Martin Luther King Jr. And George Floyd?”

King emphasized that both Floyd and her uncle shared a commonality in that they were “both from God fearing families,” saying that this is “something Mr. Biden should recognize.”

more
https://dailycaller.com/2020/06/12/alveda-king-joe-biden-mlk-assassination-george-floyd/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
While there were plenty of communist agitators after MLKs death, they paled in comparison to the Soros funded Antifa , Sunrise people, and others, not to mention the 50 years of intensive history rewrites and communist indoctrination conducted since.

In terms of genuine racial unrest, spontaneity, MLK's death led to more, although there were plenty of agitators who pushed similar themes to today's agitators.
In terms of Communist agitated, community organized, well funded and strategically planned, this time wins.
In both cases, the events that followed at some point were no longer about the persons who died, although MLK had been more of an inspiration to people who followed him.

George Floyd represented not a movement, not grief over someone who had spoken before and affected multitudes, but an opportunity to set in motion plans already in place.
It isn't about Floyd, it is about an excuse, any excuse to turn loose the Leftist dogs of war just before an election.

In neither case would the men involved have wanted their legacy to be blocks of burnt out businesses, a more bleak future for blacks and others, and wanton theft and destruction.

In keeping with the Obama legacy of setting race relations back, however, we are rapidly reaching a point where a large part of the population, silently sickened by kowtowing media-spread acts of subjugation, are getting tired of being blamed for alleged crimes of centuries past, getting tired of being accused of harboring hatreds they do not, are getting tired of providing more to people who refused to utilize advantages set aside for them, even as they struggle to provide for their own families.
There is a backlash coming, when people who did not hate will learn prejudice, and act along those lines, when people who were taught from the cradle to judge people on their character will instead make assumptions based on more superficial traits, when all the work done by those who sought to 'level' a playing field finally tilts it so much that the players refuse to suit up, the fans refuse to watch, when people rebel against the solutions because they only create a new class of victims.

I make no apologies for actions not my own.
I refuse to feel guilty over past injustice, in which I had no part.
I similarly refuse to accept the destruction of my heritage, my culture, my history over someone else's prejudices.
I refuse to be disarmed, and will protect me, my family, my home, my neighborhood, My country under the Constitution.
I refuse to acknowledge any alleged privilege which has allowed me to work all my life for all I have, only privileged to pay taxes at the threat of having force used against me.
And I refuse to kneel before any but Almighty God.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 04:08:46 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum