Author Topic: NHDem Senator: Working-Class Parents Don’t Have Intelligence to Oversee Their Kids’ Educations  (Read 399 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

https://www.insidesources.com/nhdem-senator-working-class-parents-dont-have-intelligence-to-oversee-their-kids-educations/

NHDem Senator: Working-Class Parents Don’t Have Intelligence to Oversee Their Kids’ Educations

Working-class parents without college degrees aren’t capable of overseeing their own children’s education, according to comments State Sen. Jeanne Dietsch (D-Peterborough) made during a House Education Committee hearing on Tuesday.

Dietsch was speaking on behalf of a Senate bill that would repeal a law allowing the state Board of Education to create an alternative program for granting graduation credits, which became Learn Everywhere.

“This idea of parental choice, that’s great if the parent is well-educated. There are some families that’s perfect for. But to make it available to everyone? No. I think you’re asking for a huge amount of trouble,” Dietsch said.

“Is it your belief that only well-educated parents can make proper decisions for what’s in the best interest of their children?” asked a dumbfounded Rep. Glenn Cordelli (R-Tuftonboro).

The targets here are obvious: charter schools; private schools; homeschools. I.E. any option a parent might choose instead of a public school. But using her own "reasoning", why shouldn't a parent's choice to send their child to public school also be questioned?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline roamer_1

Hillbillies are homeschoolers... And their kids get straight A's on a couple hours a day. I know plenty of em. I think most folks looking at the curriculum would be astonished on how dumb it really is.

Online Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline GrouchoTex

“This idea of parental choice, that’s great if the parent is well-educated. There are some families that’s perfect for. But to make it available to everyone? No. I think you’re asking for a huge amount of trouble,” Dietsch said.

It's none of your damned business how are children are educated!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

It's none of your damned business how are children are educated!

Offline mountaineer

Hillbillies are homeschoolers... And their kids get straight A's on a couple hours a day. I know plenty of em. I think most folks looking at the curriculum would be astonished on how dumb it really is.
More time in most public schools is spent on having fun and social engineering than on actual knowledge and understanding.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org