Author Topic: Seattle cedes fire station to protesters to turn into community center  (Read 738 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Seattle cedes fire station to protesters to turn into community center
by Madison Dibble, Breaking News Reporter |
 | June 12, 2020 05:27 PM

The city of Seattle announced that it would turn a fire station into a community center for black residents after weeks of protests.

The city announced on Thursday that it would be turning over ownership of the fire station to the community in line with a list of demands given to the city from Africatown and other black activist groups.

"We at the City of Seattle understand the urgency behind making bold investments in the Black community and increasing community ownership of land in the Central District," the city wrote. "The City believes in the vision behind the William Grose Center for Cultural Innovation and we remain committed to making the transfer of Fire Station 6 to the community a reality."

"We have received Africatown’s list of community requests along with a longer list of asks from other black-led organizations. Deputy Mayor Shefali Ranganathan has already met with the King County Equity Now coalition and, on behalf of Mayor Durkan, she will be working with Seattle Department of Neighborhoods and Seattle Office of Planning and Community Development to work on next steps with the community," it added.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/seattle-cedes-fire-station-to-protesters-to-turn-into-community-center
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
*Africatown*..... 888mouth
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
"We have received Africatown’s list of community requests along with a longer list of asks from other black-led organizations. Deputy Mayor Shefali Ranganathan has already met with the King County Equity Now coalition and, on behalf of Mayor Durkan, she will be working with Seattle Department of Neighborhoods and Seattle Office of Planning and Community Development to work on next steps with the community," it added.

This person does not represent Seattle. They have chosen a side against the City they allegedly represent.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online corbe

They should appropriate funds to move this statue in Freemont to their new little town square. 
   I heard it's for sale, cheap, which begs the question 'Why hasn't any rich Republican bought it yet and melted it down?

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
So this will be a new commune community of stolen public land given to AfricaTown?
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online roamer_1

Has anybody figured out there ain't going to be a fire dept there anymore?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Ya know, it would really suck if they got hit with an earthquake or volcano eruption about now...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

Ya know, it would really suck if they got hit with an earthquake or volcano eruption about now...

Heck, I give em till the 4th of July...

Online corbe

Cheney's Mount St. Helens Machine sure would come in handy about now.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

So this will be a new commune community of stolen public land given to AfricaTown?

No worries they are aiming for Nashville next. /s
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Cool!

Good luck blaming it on Trump with houses burn down and the fire dept doesn't show up to put out the fire.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@roamer_1

Why else do you think they are doing it?

They will burn down houses,cause wimmins and chillruns to die in the fires,and then try to blame it on Trump.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@roamer_1

Why else do you think they are doing it?

They will burn down houses,cause wimmins and chillruns to die in the fires,and then try to blame it on Trump.
And all because they didn't want him to have the ground restored to the US.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
*Africatown*..... 888mouth

I told you all I had very deep spiritual misgivings prior to this shit in the Member's Lounge when I "doxxed" my self.

A mass shooting. Or a white cop on niger incident.

The FBI document prior to the 9/11 event. 1999 0r 1998.

Ya'll read that?

Whatever.

Burn this shit to the ground.

A ?

IF the military were to be employed in various areas, cities, whatever...HOW many AMERICAN CITIZENS would be HARMED or their RIGHTS abridged?

Yeah. Damned few. Cause they are all at home watching reruns of "Barney Miller".

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley