Author Topic: Trump on Seattle: ‘If We Have to Go in, We’re Going to Go in’  (Read 7713 times)

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

It IS BS,pure and simple. A freaking fantasy for a fantasy world of "what if" and "make believe" that doesn't exist.

It CAN'T be "torn down" because it only exists in your mind,and because of that it is a waste of time to try to argue with you over any of it.

Riiight. Another non-argument drive-by.

Offline roamer_1

Amen, @sneakypete

Use your scroll wheel and let him talk to himself.

Followed by a nyah, nyah, nyah from the cheap seats.

Offline Mesaclone

An Answer to Roamer's earlier post.

@DCPatriot
No, Conservatism works all the time. And always will. It is not idealist to adhere to what works. To adhere to and advocate for Truth.What you see as truth, is very different from what others see as truth...the reality is, there are roughly 340 million versions of what is "truth" within the nation. Who's truth prevails? We can't even agree amongst conservatives and amongst Christians on a single definition of truth...so rest assured, YOUR truth is of no more value than anyone elses. The answer, of course, is that we must use reason and empathy and a democratic process to reach a functional compromise. On this site, we are conservatives...despite your personal claim that only you and those in complete agreement with you fit that description. But the mark of civilization...and an absolute requirement for a functional Republc is the ability to compromise, and since at least half the country has a different version of the "truth" than we do, compromise is also "what works"...in fact, it is the ONLY thing that works short of assuming dictatorial powers.

Foremost, your concatenation of Conservatism and Republicanism is false. Either you are Conservative or you are not. Republicans have nothing to do wit it, having broken the charter made with Conservatives lately through Reagan. Despite your protestations, the Republican party IS the only politically functional repository of conservatism in the United States. Your being part of one rather small sliver of that conservative coalition within the party does not change this fact. If conservatives cannot disagree amongst themselves whilst coming together to win national elections, than the cause of conservatism is doomed...by those who claim their pure version alone is acceptable. Narrow minded stupidity that ensures defeat...that's the hallmark of the NeverTrumpists.

And again, pragmatism has nothing to do with it, Either you adhere to what works, or you do not. Your argument being 'We can't do what works because it won't work'... Which is hilariously circular... And advocates doing what doesn't work instead...  :laugh:You misstate the argument...deliberately I think. The argument is that we follow the Reagan doctrine of attaining the most conservative legislation possible within a democratic process...if we can get an 80% conservative bill we take it...while fools who demand purity will damn such a bill because its 20% moderate or progressive. You forget, that we do not get to dictate policy...nor does the President...here in the real world we must operate within the realm of what is actually possible. Purity tests equal political surrender and defeat...which is why so few of us agree with your approach to politics, leadership and the Presidency.

I won't go up against the education system - The education system Republicans let grow and even fed when they should have risen in opposition (with the Conservatives). Too big to kill now... But your thinking is collective and only sees collective answers... The answer I have is like to my kind - Pull YOUR kids out of the education system and teach them yourself... Liberty has responsibility. Then at least your own are not part of the problem. I cannot change them all, but I can change my own.
The one thing that you should stand up against, that we should all stand up against...you determine its best to simply accept surrender. Let me help you out...home schooling will never be enough to counter the Progressive monopoly on education. That must be faced and fought....and yes its a fight that will last generations...and can never be "ceded" to the Left. Changing your "own" is just another type of surrender, because if we can't persuade our fellow citizens of the rightness of our cause...our cause is lost. So what you are advocating is...again...defeat and surrender.

So no, Standing on what's right and true is not just the right thing to do... It is the only thing to do.Sounds very pure and simple. In fact, all of us are standing for what we perceive as right and true...no less than yourself. We are as "true" of conservatives as are you, and unless all of us within that broader understanding of conservatism...not your narrow self approving version...can work in concert to fight progressivism...well...we will lose this country. Those too pure to work in this way will be at fault...that's not an accusation as much as it is a simple statement of what is.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 04:16:31 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

@Mesaclone

Nicely thought out and stated op-ed on conservative values and unity.  Problem is and not wanting sound defeatist......

We are getting demographically close to where 50% + 1 of the population is part of the entitlement class.  When "free stuff" drives the electorate, we as conservatives are a dwindling faction and can do little to stop it.  If I am wrong, I sure would like to hear your counter and solutions....... 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

@DCPatriot
No, Conservatism works all the time. And always will. It is not idealist to adhere to what works. To adhere to and advocate for Truth.What you see as truth, is very different from what others see as truth...the reality is, there are roughly 340 million versions of what is "truth" within the nation. Who's truth prevails? We can't even agree amongst conservatives and amongst Christians on a single definition of truth...so rest assured, YOUR truth is of no more value than anyone elses. The answer, of course, is that we must use reason and empathy and a democratic process to reach a functional compromise. On this site, we are conservatives...despite your personal claim that only you and those in complete agreement with you fit that description. But the mark of civilization...and an absolute requirement for a functional Republc is the ability to compromise, and since at least half the country has a different version of the "truth" than we do, compromise is also "what works"...in fact, it is the ONLY thing that works short of assuming dictatorial powers.

Foremost, your concatenation of Conservatism and Republicanism is false. Either you are Conservative or you are not. Republicans have nothing to do wit it, having broken the charter made with Conservatives lately through Reagan. Despite your protestations, the Republican party IS the only politically functional repository of conservatism in the United States. Your being part of one rather small sliver of that conservative coalition within the party does not change this fact. If conservatives cannot disagree amongst themselves whilst coming together to win national elections, than the cause of conservatism is doomed...by those who claim their pure version alone is acceptable. Narrow minded stupidity that ensures defeat...that's the hallmark of the NeverTrumpists.

And again, pragmatism has nothing to do with it, Either you adhere to what works, or you do not. Your argument being 'We can't do what works because it won't work'... Which is hilariously circular... And advocates doing what doesn't work instead...  :laugh:You misstate the argument...deliberately I think. The argument is that we follow the Reagan doctrine of attaining the most conservative legislation possible within a democratic process...if we can get an 80% conservative bill we take it...while fools who demand purity will damn such a bill because its 20% moderate or progressive. You forget, that we do not get to dictate policy...nor does the President...here in the real world we must operate within the realm of what is actually possible. Purity tests equal political surrender and defeat...which is why so few of us agree with your approach to politics, leadership and the Presidency.

I won't go up against the education system - The education system Republicans let grow and even fed when they should have risen in opposition (with the Conservatives). Too big to kill now... But your thinking is collective and only sees collective answers... The answer I have is like to my kind - Pull YOUR kids out of the education system and teach them yourself... Liberty has responsibility. Then at least your own are not part of the problem. I cannot change them all, but I can change my own.
The one thing that you should stand up against, that we should all stand up against...you determine its best to simply accept surrender. Let me help you out...home schooling will never be enough to counter the Progressive monopoly on education. That must be faced and fought....and yes its a fight that will last generations...and can never be "ceded" to the Left. Changing your "own" is just another type of surrender, because if we can't persuade our fellow citizens of the rightness of our cause...our cause is lost. So what you are advocating is...again...defeat and surrender.

So no, Standing on what's right and true is not just the right thing to do... It is the only thing to do.Sounds very pure and simple. In fact, all of us are standing for what we perceive as right and true...no less than yourself. We are as "true" of conservatives as are you, and unless all of us within that broader understanding of conservatism...not your narrow self approving version...can work in concert to fight progressivism...well...we will lose this country. Those too pure to work in this way will be at fault...that's not an accusation as much as it is a simple statement of what is.

OUTSTANDING, @Mesaclone !!    :beer:   :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@Mesaclone

Nicely thought out and stated op-ed on conservative values and unity.  Problem is and not wanting sound defeatist......

@catfish1957

Sadly,it has now gotten to the point where saying you are a Republican is equivalent to saying you are a defeatist. If there is one the Republicans have done well it is fail to perform since the first Bush scum was elected. It has done nothing more than drop their trousers and bend over and grab their ankles for the Dims ever since. Anybody whose motto isn't "compromise" has became a party outsider.

It is now and has been the RINO Party ever since Mr.Babs was elected. Actually,before that or he would have never been a candidate.

The RINO's are now entrenched and jealously guarding their power. They don't give a damn about being number 2 because they understand they still get their cuts for betraying their oaths and America under the table,and don't have to take the risks to get it.

THEN we got lucky and got a Presidential candidate that isn't owned by anybody,and who wants to be seen as a hero and the "savior of America" in the history books who can't be bribed into line because he is already wealthy and NOTHING is as important to him as his ego/how he is written about in the history books. He also can't be blackmailed because he has evidence of these same people demanding he pay them bribes when he was still in the construction business.

Plus,he is borderline batshit crazy,so they have no idea how to even approach him.

I VERY reluctantly voted for Trump,and only decided to vote the night before the election,when it occurred to me that he couldn't possibly be worse than Clinton if he tried,so I,and America had nothing to lose.

He has accomplished more to benefit America and bring her back as a stable world power than any president in my lifetime,and THAT was when he was being held back by having to face voters again to run for a second term.

Just imagine what he is going to do to the left after re-election,and he has no more reason to play kissy-face with them,

It is truly going to be a wonderful thing to watch.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
THEN we got lucky and got a Presidential candidate that isn't owned by anybody,and who wants to be seen as a hero and the "savior of America" in the history books who can't be bribed into line because he is already wealthy and NOTHING is as important to him as his ego/how he is written about in the history books. He also can't be blackmailed because he has evidence of these same people demanding he pay them bribes when he was still in the construction business.

Plus,he is borderline batshit crazy,so they have no idea how to even approach him.

I VERY reluctantly voted for Trump,and only decided to vote the night before the election,when it occurred to me that he couldn't possibly be worse than Clinton if he tried,so I,and America had nothing to lose.

He has accomplished more to benefit America and bring her back as a stable world power than any president in my lifetime,and THAT was when he was being held back by having to face voters again to run for a second term.

Just imagine what he is going to do to the left after re-election,and he has no more reason to play kissy-face with them,

It is truly going to be a wonderful thing to watch.

The act of physically stepping into a voting booth focuses the mind.  People are cheated out of that focus when they stuff their ballot into an envelope and mail it in.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The act of physically stepping into a voting booth focuses the mind.  People are cheated out of that focus when they stuff their ballot into an envelope and mail it in.

@Cyber Liberty

And they are REALLY cheated when someone else does it for them,their parents,their grandparents,and their great-great grandparents.

Offline libertybele

...still wondering when the time will be "ripe" for Trump to restore some law and order and preserve our police force.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline verga

...still wondering when the time will be "ripe" for Trump to restore some law and order and preserve our police force.
When the Mayors/ Governors break down and ask him to step in, that way he is not being a tyrant/ dictator, and he can point to them and say "They requested...."
He is off the hook and they have admitted their own incompetence.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

It's not, as of June 14th.  I think we have a basic disagreement on when it's "ripe."  Ripe is when people start demanding in in very large majorities because their Rat Governors officially fumbled the ball.  People differ on when exactly that is, other than it isn't yet.  :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
When the Mayors/ Governors break down and ask him to step in, that way he is not being a tyrant/ dictator, and he can point to them and say "They requested...."
He is off the hook and they have admitted their own incompetence.

@libertybele   @verga

She and the other Never Trumpers know this,but they have ego invested in Trump failing now,and will never admit it.

Offline libertybele

It's not, as of June 14th.  I think we have a basic disagreement on when it's "ripe."  Ripe is when people start demanding in in very large majorities because their Rat Governors officially fumbled the ball.  People differ on when exactly that is, other than it isn't yet.  :shrug:

Ripe is when we can still reserve as many police officers without them walking off the job or before we start seeing them murdered because of their profession, or before we see complete anarchy.  In either case, it will be too late when those issues become the norm.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Ripe is when we can still reserve as many police officers without them walking off the job or before we start seeing them murdered because of their profession, or before we see complete anarchy.  In either case, it will be too late when those issues become the norm.

But if the public is still against it, then it's a guaranteed E-Ticket ride to ex-Presidency status on 1/20/21. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@libertybele   @verga

She and the other Never Trumpers know this,but they have ego invested in Trump failing now,and will never admit it.

@libertybele is as far from Never-Trump as you can get.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
But if the public is still against it, then it's a guaranteed E-Ticket ride to ex-Presidency status on 1/20/21.

@Cyber Liberty

What is what the Dims are having wet dreams thinking about. I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't already recorded some videos for tv,and waiting for the right moment to air them and blame it all on Trump.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@libertybele is as far from Never-Trump as you can get.

@libertybele   @Cyber Liberty

If true,I offer her my apologies,but it sure didn't look like it to me in the post she made that I responded to.

Offline libertybele

@libertybele   @Cyber Liberty

If true,I offer her my apologies,but it sure didn't look like it to me in the post she made that I responded to.

Exactly what post are you referring to??  I am definitely not a Never Trumper but there is no way that I will give him or any other politician a free pass just because they have an 'R' next to their name.

As I have stated many many times, I will vote for the candidate that I believe will take this country in a more positive direction; if Trump doesn't continue to meet that criteria in the next couple of months, then I would consider not voting at all.

At present, I firmly believe that Trump IS who is standing between us and socialism. I have stated and argued that point several times.

There have been several things that he has done that concerns me with him, that doesn't mean that I'm a Never Trumper. 

Those that give our politicians free pasess just because of party is why we are in the predicament that we're in.

I am opposed to his runaway spending.  I've been less than pleased with his actions along the border for sometime though things have improved. I think he was too complacent in not using the full GOP majority when he had it.  I applaud his quick and swift action with Qassem Soleimani that saved lives. So far I am uncomfortable with his inaction in handling the Black b.s. thug situation.  I applaud his handling of the Chinese and renegotiating NAFTA.  I applaud his platform of Americans first. I applaud tremendously his last State of the Union speech.  He has a tremendous ability to sell himself and connect with people.  I see him as a tremendous leader with backbone.

If you want to label me as a Never Trumper because I'm not 100% behind everything that he does ... so be it.

Offline corbe

To Whom It May Concern:

@libertybele was only briefly a Member of our little TBR TDS Matters club and that was way back when it was considered Kewl to be in our club.  She was expelled for non payment of dues, most the rest of our Members have been banned due to the tremendous pressure from our resident Trumpers.  Today we are only a figment of their vivid imagination.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

IMO, it will be the first day of very bad weather (for demonstrating)

This way there will be a minimum of casualties.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
IMO, it will be the first day of very bad weather (for demonstrating)

This way there will be a minimum of casualties.

We still have to "wave a dead chicken" to allow the Governors to screw it up before the Fed can "insist" they clean up their cities.  We know they're going to muck it up, and we have to let them do a good job of that first.  Then it's ripe.

Move in too quickly and the crowd that never gave Trump a chance will be furious their buffoons didn't get a chance to foul it up first.
I will NOT comply.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

If you want to label me as a Never Trumper because I'm not 100% behind everything that he does ... so be it.

The same goes for me.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The same goes for me.

And just about everybody else who posts here.
I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

Well, what have we here? A wide ranging discussion. Ooh, my favorite.

Thee hundred thirty million people and only two (effective) parties. That’s it—two; we’re a two-party country. That means if we want to change direction, we gotta either find a third party that can compete and win (not likely), or form broad coalitions within the republican party.

Democrats got that covered. Imposing strict party discipline they virtually own big city governments, and managed to elect socialists and near socialists across large segments of the country.

To change the party’s direction republicans should impose party discipline and work within the primary system, re @Mesaclone ’s 80/20 point. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your perspective, individualism is strong in the republican base so broad coalitions that have common agreement on ultimate goals have to dominate the party if we ever hope to reclaim our republican (capital R) government.

We gotta fight fire with fire and impose strong party discipline; starting at the top with leadership.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

When its like an Apocalyptic movie playing out on local news isn't soon enough for some real leadership?  Talking about defunding police.  Total anarchy?

I agree this is past peaceful protest.  This is total anarchy.  Putting all citizens in danger.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.