Author Topic: Biden conditions support of reparations on provisions for Native Americans  (Read 412 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden conditions support of reparations on provisions for Native Americans
by Naomi Lim, Political Reporter |
 | June 11, 2020 10:44 AM

Joe Biden wants provisions for Native Americans included in any cash payment form of reparations to African American descendants of slaves.

Biden was asked repeatedly during an NAACP town hall Tuesday night whether he would go on the record as supporting reparations if a dollar amount was presented to him as president.

"The answer is it depends on what it was and will it include Native Americans as well," the presumptive 2020 Democratic presidential nominee told host Ed Gordon.

Biden reiterated that he backed H.R. 40, a bill reintroduced last year by Democratic Texas Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee. If passed by Congress and signed by President Trump, the legislation would establish a commission to study reparation possibilities, including an apology and compensation. Proposed calculations to make amends for two centuries of slavery so far include a $14 trillion estimate.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/biden-conditions-support-of-reparations-on-provisions-for-native-americans
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
I noted on another thead that a Biden presidency would yield a federal deficit of $50T  by 2024.

More of the reason why.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline PeteS in CA

Of joy! Not only do I get to pay "reparations" to black people I never oppressed and whose ancestors my ancestors never oppressed (though at least one fought on the Union side), but now I get to pay "reparations" to "Native Americans" that I never oppressed and whose ancestors my ancestors never oppressed.

What did I do to deserve such a "blessing"?!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline skeeter

An easy way to end discussions of reparations to anyone is to condition them upon a public pledge to forever forego bitching or complaining about past treatment again, if they do they can be summarily mocked and disregarded; the debt of the past is paid in full, official US history as taught in public schools will be made to reflect this, and white people are under no obligation to feel guilt of ANY KIND, for ever and ever, amen.

They will never make such a pledge.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 04:45:17 pm by skeeter »

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Of joy! Not only do I get to pay "reparations" to black people I never oppressed and whose ancestors my ancestors never oppressed (though at least one fought on the Union side), but now I get to pay "reparations" to "Native Americans" that I never oppressed and whose ancestors my ancestors never oppressed.

What did I do to deserve such a "blessing"?!

Think I am going to file for reparations for the 1066 invasion.  Damned Norman bastards.  :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten

"The answer is it depends on what it was and will it include Native Americans as well," the presumptive 2020 Democratic presidential nominee told host Ed Gordon.

This looks to me like a bluff by Biden's advisers (I don't think Biden himself retains the cognitive ability to think it through).  The Biden campaign cannot afford to reject anything BLM demands, but also cannot afford to alienate more moderate voters.  By insisting that proposed reparations must have a broader racial context than Black issues alone the Biden campaign forces BLM to take the spotlight off itself and admit other groups onto its dais of self-righteous opprobrium, hence implicitly acknowledging that "ALL Lives Matter."  If the bluff is successful it will confuse the racial identity portion of the reparations debate beyond the election, relieving the Biden campaign of the necessity of responding clearly and being accountable to voting constituencies with contradictory demands.

Of course BLM could call the bluff and agree, putting candidate Biden in the position of having to support a fiscally ruinous policy which would not change anything in the long-running racial debate and potentially alienating less-radical voters.  But the cost to BLM of calling that bluff would be relinquishing the franchise of preening as THE victims, at least until momentum could be built for insisting on another installment of reparations only for Black people.
James 1:20

Offline Hoodat

Joe Biden wants provisions for Native Americans included in any cash payment form of reparations to African American descendants of slaves.

Biden was asked repeatedly during an NAACP town hall Tuesday night whether he would go on the record as supporting reparations if a dollar amount was presented to him as president.

Biden has been in office for half a century.  Why is he just now saying this?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline PeteS in CA

Think I am going to file for reparations for the 1066 invasion.  Damned Norman bastards.  :silly:

Yeppers, @catfish1957, sue everyone named "Norman".
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.