Author Topic: ‘Live P.D.’ Canceled By A&E Amid Ongoing Protests Against Police Brutality  (Read 1857 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
 A&E has canceled its flagship series and one of the highest-rated shows on basic cable. A week after Live P.D. was pulled in the wake of George Floyd’s death, the reality series’ hiatus has been made permanent.

The decision was made jointly by A&E and MGM’s Big Fish Entertainment, which produces the show.

“This is a critical time in our nation’s history and we have made the decision to cease production on Live PD,” the network said in a statement to Deadline. “Going forward, we will determine if there is a clear pathway to tell the stories of both the community and the police officers whose role it is to serve them. And with that, we will be meeting with community and civil rights leaders as well as police departments.”

The cancelation of Live P.D. comes a day after Paramount Network pulled the plug on another docuseries featuring the police, the long-running Cops. At the time, A&E was still evaluating whether the show could come back at the right time. Last night, Live P.D.  host Dan Abrams addressed the show’s viewers on Twitter.

“To all of you asking whether #LivePD coming back. . .The answer is yes,” he wrote. “All of us associated with the show are as committed to it as ever. We are still discussing some specifics but I want to assure the #LivePDNation that we are not abandoning you.”

Ultimately, both the network and the production company on Wednesday came to the conclusion that there was currently no path forward for the show in its current form as protesters and politicians are calling for a police reform following the death of Floyd while restrained by a cop during arrest.

<snip>

The cancelation comes a month after A&E renewed Live PD for an additional 160 episodes.

Live P.D. was ad-supported cable’s #1 show on Fridays and Saturdays in 2019 and has helped A&E become a leading cable network. The series had risen to the top spots in all cable during the pandemic when live sports were suspended, drawing a total of about 3 million viewers per weekend.

https://deadline.com/2020/06/live-pd-canceled-ae-protests-against-police-brutality-george-floyd-1202956175/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Applewood

Offline mountaineer

John Cardillo @johncardillo

You guys think it will just be reality shows about the police?
They’ll be coming for South Park, the Family Guy, and all other shows that mock political correctness.
History will no longer be history because there are predetermined storylines now.
6:36 PM · Jun 10, 2020·
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

Mr. Cardillo is right.  We have to be vigilant.  These commie terrorists are going to take everything away.

rangerrebew

After I saw COPS had been cancelled, I figured LIVE PD would go.  The media doesn't want people to see what kind of jerks, clods, stupidity, no loads, and other cancerous dregs they face every day. :facepalm2:

Offline Idiot

Whatcha gonna do when they come for you...bad boys...bad boys....   happy77

rangerrebew

Whatcha gonna do when they come for you...bad boys...bad boys....   happy77

Call Dennis Rodman? :silly:

Offline PeteS in CA

Former viewers of the programs should email sponsors to tell them what they'll be watching instead. That way idiot networks lose sponsors and less stupid networks/show benefit.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline conservativevoter

Add a third show to the two you have already mentioned:  PAWS PATROL.  About a police dog who befriends a group of neighborhood children and hangs out with them.  It was an animated show, but is no more.  People wrote in to the network that the police dog should be euthanized (no kidding) and the police defunded!  Bizarre.

Who do these jacks believe is going to look out for them?  Aren't they also defunding courts?   :nono: :nono:

Ludricous!

Also helpful this past week, the Oprah Winfrey 'I Know Best & so does my friend Stacy Abrams' show which has taken over 4 or more individual networks during evenings when other shows might be shown from 9 - 10, including the ID channel!  Does this make sense to ANYONE? 

:patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Wait, I have a idea for a new hit shows they could replace it with 'Live BLM' or 'Live Antifa'..................................Um, no wait that wouldn't be allowed to happen because than all of America would be shown the truth.

Offline aligncare

Show of hands, who’s for police brutality?
I see that BLM raised a hand. (But they misunderstood me) I didn’t ask.... brutality for police    22222frying pan

Offline mountaineer

Better look at your social media — chances are you’re next to be canceled
By Maureen Callahan
June 10, 2020 | 6:50pm | Updated
A short list of the people, movies, TV shows, CEOs, businesspeople, writers and institutions canceled — or on the verge of cancellation — over the past few days:

“Gone with the Wind,” the long-running reality show “COPS,” “The Help,” two major newspaper editors, Andrew Sullivan’s column for New York magazine, the editor-in-chief of Bon Appétit, four “Vanderpump Rules” castmembers, “Live PD,” the Brearley School on New York’s Upper East Side, the actual police, cook Alison Roman (again), the top editor and co-founder of Refinery29, Anna Wintour, the founder and CEO of Crossfit, “The Flash” actor Hartley Sawyer, the CEO of Chicago’s famed “Second City” improv group, “Law & Order” writer Craig Gore, Corcoran realtor Joseph Swedroe and economics professor Harald Uhlig (never heard of those last two either, but it goes to show you no one is safe).

This all comes as America rages over the death of George Floyd and reckons with endemic, institutionalized racism. But there’s a misguided approach here in which all offenses, be they subtle or enormous, born of ignorance or malice, result in the loss of reputations and livelihoods. ...
Read entire article at NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Show of hands, who’s for police brutality?
I see that BLM raised a hand. (But they misunderstood me) I didn’t ask.... brutality for police    22222frying pan
could you be more specific please, because if we're talking about Antifa...................................

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Add a third show to the two you have already mentioned:  PAWS PATROL.  About a police dog who befriends a group of neighborhood children and hangs out with them.  It was an animated show, but is no more.  People wrote in to the network that the police dog should be euthanized (no kidding) and the police defunded!  Bizarre.

My grandsons love Paw Patrol.  But in the current cancel culture ANY show that portrays the police in a positive way...yes even a children's cartoon...must be removed from the public view.

Unless the brakes are pumped and pumped hard on this idiocy, there won't be a police show or anything dealing with law enforcement left on TV by the end of the year.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Billy and I won't be watching LivePd anymore  8888crybaby

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Billy and I won't be watching LivePd anymore  8888crybaby

Beautiful Bully!!!!!   Our old girl is 12, and she likes nature shows and noises......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline aligncare

My grandsons love Paw Patrol.  But in the current cancel culture ANY show that portrays the police in a positive way...yes even a children's cartoon...must be removed from the public view.

Unless the brakes are pumped and pumped hard on this idiocy, there won't be a police show or anything dealing with law enforcement left on TV by the end of the year.

When I was a kid in New York, WPIX had the Three Stooges show on around dinner time. It was hosted by Officer Joe Bolton, the guy on screen left.

Joe Bolton was the host of the WPIX show "The Clubhouse Gang" and "The Three Stooges Funhouse" as Officer Joe Bolton. Bolton was also the Police Chief host of "The Dick Tracy Show". Wikipedia

I was new in America and I loved him. He was friendly and helpful and reassuring, gave safety tips to the wee people (me) watching. I probably developed my respect for police officers from good old Officer Joe.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Beautiful Bully!!!!!   Our old girl is 12, and she likes nature shows and noises......

Billy is just a yeard but I have a 12yo bully named Spike...he is all grey now and just sits and stares at the walls....he doesn't like LivePD....he's more into NatGeo Wild...and Dr Pol...lol
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 09:35:00 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I probably developed my respect for police officers from good old Officer Joe.

A lot of us developed our respect for police not only from our parents but from shows like that as well.

For me it was Adam 12 and Dragnet.

Offline berdie

A lot of us developed our respect for police not only from our parents but from shows like that as well.

For me it was Adam 12 and Dragnet.

I agree. Most of us developed our respect because our parents would have given us away to the gypsies had we not shown respect to police or teachers (or our parents). That has been thrown by the wayside. I love Blue Bloods.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
'Glorification' of police ends the transparency of Live PD
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/glorification-of-police-ends-the-transparency-of-live-pd

Clearly A&E was more terrified of being branded racist by the woke scolds for standing behind a show like LivePD instead of doing the proper thing and continuing to provide transparency in real time to the millions of people that watched every Friday and Saturday night.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Clearly A&E was more terrified of being branded racist by the woke scolds for standing behind a show like LivePD instead of doing the proper thing and continuing to provide transparency in real time to the millions of people that watched every Friday and Saturday night.

Abrams should sell the rights to another network..I am sure it would be just as popular.
Support the USO

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The police are being demonized, and no good can come of it.  Democrats are looters at heart, and nothing makes a looter happier than no threat of being arrested for it.  It's little wonder that, when given a choice, Rats will side with looters every time.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Abrams should sell the rights to another network..I am sure it would be just as popular.

If only he owned the rights.  That's split between A&E and a company called Big Fish Productions.  I've been looking but I haven't found any link as far as ownership between Abrahams and the show or any of his websites like Mediate.