Author Topic: The View's Sunny Hostin: Colin Kaepernick 'deserves a Nobel Peace Prize'  (Read 401 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The View's Sunny Hostin: Colin Kaepernick 'deserves a Nobel Peace Prize'
by Anthony Leonardi, Breaking News Reporter |
 | June 09, 2020 03:05 PM

Co-host of The View Sunny Hostin believes former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick should be given a Nobel Peace Prize for kneeling during the national anthem.

Whoopi Goldberg asked Hostin during Tuesday's episode if Kaepernick was owed an apology after he failed to secure a spot on a team following his demonstrations against police violence by kneeling during the anthem. Hostin responded he should be awarded a global peace prize.

"I think he's not only owed an apology, Whoopi. I think he's owed his job. I think he's owed back pay. And I think he deserves a Nobel Peace Prize," Hostin said, invoking a peace award given to civil rights era icon Martin Luther King Jr., former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, Catholic saint Mother Theresa, and Holocaust survivor and author Elie Wiesel.

Hostin then chided National Football League Commissioner Roger Goodell for not mentioning Kaepernick by name during a video statement, apologizing for the league's position opposing players kneeling during the national anthem.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/the-views-sunny-hostin-colin-kaepernick-deserves-a-nobel-peace-prize?fbclid=IwAR3KesHOx19EEcHlYB9CkY7iePkbQlCaag4JPn26LXNP1BkMxtl_lzLpoag
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Well, why not?  The Peace Prize diminished greatly in value when it was awarded to Obama -- even though he had done nothing to deserve it and afterwards was responsible for the racial conflict we have today.

Offline Hoodat

Kaepernick has the right to speak his mind.  Many of the things he has said have been spot on.  However, he does not have the right to be a starting QB in the NFL.  Opportunity to be?  Yes.  Right to be?  No.  And that is where the narrative for Kaepernick has been lost.

The message pushed by his leftist sympathizers has never been about how we as a society can address the causes of injustice.  Instead, the message has been about why Kaepernick doesn't have a starting job in the NFL.  The media has turned Kaepernick himself into the victim instead of addressing the effects of devaluing human life on a largely impoverished segment of society.  Even Whoopi doesn't get that.  To her, it's all about Kapernick being entitled to NFL stardom.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline aligncare

Why can’t the NFL stay out of politics? Do they plan on alienating half the fans? Because that’s what’s happening.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Why can’t the NFL stay out of politics? Do they plan on alienating half the fans? Because that’s what’s happening.

Sometimes you have to decide who you want pissed at you.  Goodell has apparently picked us to be pissed at him.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

Sometimes you have to decide who you want pissed at you.  Goodell has apparently picked us to be pissed at him.

Last season I was beginning to think the NFL had regained some sanity, and was starting to watch some. Maybe I can get a game of Empire Builder, EuroRails, India Rails, China Rails, or Australia Rails going with my older daughter instead.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline aligncare

Last season I was beginning to think the NFL had regained some sanity, and was starting to watch some. Maybe I can get a game of Empire Builder, EuroRails, India Rails, China Rails, or Australia Rails going with my older daughter instead.

Once Montana retired I lost all interest in the game. The highlight of my time in the Bay Area was when I met Bill Walsh in a Palo Alto fish house. I was so awestruck I blithered till my embarrassed wife pulled me away sparing poor Bill any further intrusion on his dinner.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Yes. I am for this. In fact, the Nobel Peace Prize should become a Blacks only award. Any Liberal Black person who becomes nationally famous for some far-Left agenda should get a 'Peace Prize' immediately.
I mean, who cares? Since Obama, the award is already a joke anyway. Why not give it to Bozo the Clown?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.