Author Topic: Texas reports record number of coronavirus hospitalizations weeks after reopening  (Read 640 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Texas reports record number of coronavirus hospitalizations weeks after reopening
By Morgan Gstalter - 06/09/20 08:18 AM EDT

Weeks after Gov. Greg Abbott (R) began easing social distancing restrictions, Texas on Monday reported a record number of coronavirus hospitalizations across the state.

The Texas Department of State Health Services reported 1,935 COVID-19 patients currently admitted to state hospitals.

That figure tops the previous record for coronavirus hospitalizations that had peaked at 1,888 patients on May 5, according to CNBC.

Despite the rising number of hospitalizations, the state reported having more than 1,600 open intensive care unit beds and more than 5,800 available ventilators.

Abbott took the lead among governors in relaxing coronavirus restrictions in an attempt to jump-start the state’s economy.

The state's stay-at-home order expired on April 30, and some businesses were allowed to reopen on May 1.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/501776-texas-reports-record-number-of-coronavirus-hospitalizations-weeks-after
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Texas reports record number of coronavirus hospitalizations weeks after reopening

I chalk more of this to poor choices rather than lifting the lockdown.

My wife and i know of at least 10 folks our age and older with pre-existing condtions, who for some strange reason, just don't take any precautions when going out in public.  It's like they just don't care.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

Looks like the protests are over.

Offline Applewood

Similar reports in other states too.  I guess this will be a pretext for locking everyone down again.

Offline dfwgator

Looks like the protests are over.

How conveeeeenient.

Offline LadyLiberty

Reported Deaths:

Saturday: 21
Sunday: 31
Monday: 17

For a state with 29 million people and peak deaths of 32/day, it's hardly time to panic.  I will continue to take precautions and let everyone go about their business as they see fit.

That being said, I would be willing to bet that anyone being hospitalized now has a much better chance of beating the virus compared to when this first began.  The medical professionals have learned SO MUCH about what to look for and how to best treat it.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Reported Deaths:

For a state with 29 million people and peak deaths of 32/day, it's hardly time to panic.  I will continue to take precautions and let everyone go about their business as they see fit.

That being said, I would be willing to bet that anyone being hospitalized now has a much better chance of beating the virus compared to when this first began.  The medical professionals have learned SO MUCH about what to look for and how to best treat it.

Well put.  Fully agree.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline conservativevoter

Proper diagnosis does help to i.d. disease.  This, too, can lead to an increased disease count.  My daughter took proper precautions when she delivered a covid baby.  Both parents had it, the kid didn't.  Oh, yeah...….. she wore a mask, as well as hazmat gear.  Not being funny, but it is part of what must be done.  Everyone made it home safely. happy77

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Reported Deaths:

For perspective: New York is still at 40 a day. And Cuomo is still pushing forward with reopening.

We are now learning that in places like Latin America, India and Russia, lockdown failed to stop outbreaks. Social distancing is turning out not to be the “best option we have” as it was dubiously claimed.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Applewood

For perspective: New York is still at 40 a day. And Cuomo is still pushing forward with reopening.

We are now learning that in places like Latin America, India and Russia, lockdown failed to stop outbreaks. Social distancing is turning out not to be the “best option we have” as it was dubiously claimed.

Masks don't really help either, unless maybe if they are professional, N95 and such.  A lot of what we were told initially about prevention --  now  it's finally being admitted it was all horse manure. 

Of course, there are still some who are promoting this *bleep* because they have some kind of agenda.  Control of the peasants, I guess. 

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Masks don't really help either, unless maybe if they are professional, N95 and such.  A lot of what we were told initially about prevention --  now  it's finally being admitted it was all horse manure. 
Indeed. And as for those N95 masks... the more protective factor you have, the more difficult it is to breathe with them on, which is especially problematic in the summer.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Hoodat

If only Texas had told the media and other Democrats to pound sand when they demanded the Texas economy should come to a halt because of what was happening in New York and Seattle.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-