Author Topic: TV show 'Cops' canceled amid George Floyd protests  (Read 415 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
TV show 'Cops' canceled amid George Floyd protests
« on: June 10, 2020, 12:04:59 am »
TV show 'Cops' canceled amid George Floyd protests
By Aris Folley - 06/09/20 07:47 PM EDT

Apparently, no one will be comin’ for “Cops” anytime soon.

After decades on television, the once-popular series has been canceled, according to The Hollywood Reporter. A spokesperson for Paramount Network told the outlet on Tuesday that the show “is not on the Paramount Network and we don’t have any current or future plans for it to return.”

According to the outlet, prior to the move, the network, which acquired the series when it was known as SpikeTV in 2013, had stopped airing the show recently after widespread protests against police brutality erupted in the nation following the police killing of George Floyd.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/501955-tv-show-cops-canceled-amid-george-floyd-protests
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: TV show 'Cops' canceled amid George Floyd protests
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 12:16:50 am »
I guess LivePD will be next...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

Re: TV show 'Cops' canceled amid George Floyd protests
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 03:07:35 am »
I guess LivePD will be next...
LivePD is my wife's favorite show. To say she was disappointed when the show was put off last Friday is putting it mildly.
I wonder what the ratings were for LiveRescue the show that substituted in LivePDs place?
I hope they tanked.