Author Topic: Chicago Mayor Now Pleading With Walmart And Other Companies Not To Leave The City  (Read 638 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chicago Mayor Now Pleading With Walmart And Other Companies Not To Leave The City
By Mike LaChance
Published June 9, 2020 at 12:33am

After the recent riots which saw multiple large stores looted, some retailers are having second thoughts about remaining in certain cities.

In Chicago, Mayor Lori Lightfoot has been talking to these retailers and asking them not to leave the city.

Not only do these companies make it possible for residents to get the things they need, they pay tons of taxes which the city relies on.

WBBM News reports:

Mayor Lightfoot Pleads With Walmart, Other Retailers To Not Abandon Chicago

Mayor Lightfoot said she’s hopeful major retailers will reopen the Chicago stores that were looted or otherwise damaged during protests surrounding George Floyd’s killing by police in Minnesota. But, she’s unsure of one of the biggest.

Mayor Lightfoot said she was on a conference call with Walmart and other major retailers that had stores looted or heavily damaged during the unrest in Chicago. She said she pleaded with them to not abandon Chicago.

“I think in the case of Walmart, what they were focused on was assessing the damage. They are doing an effort to donate fresh produce, to the extent of what’s left so it doesn’t perish, and other perishables, and they are taking their time, as I would expect.”

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/06/chicago-mayor-now-pleading-walmart-companies-not-leave-city/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

These radicals a DUH-umb.

You called down the lightning, well now you got it (great hair, BTW).

Offline EdinVA

You reap what you sow.... 

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

pretty stupid if the mayor thinks a business that was purposely permitted to be looted and destroyed would wish to come back to the same place to be vandalized and taken down once again.

Where do the idiots come from that cities elect as mayors?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Seems the laws of unintended consequences keeps biting the left wing on the ass a lot lately.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 09:57:40 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Well, her words must be falling on deaf ears as she now has another solution.

Chicago will soon be named the Incredible Shrinking City

Chicago mayor considers property tax hikes as residents fear exodus from city

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot said she couldn't keep raising property taxes "off the table" as the city faces a budget shortfall and Chicago businesses struggle to recover from both looting and the coronavirus shutdown.

"I can't take it off the table, but it is truly the last thing I want to do," Lightfoot said at a press conference this week.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/chicago-businesses-mayor-leaving-grant
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington