Author Topic: Bail set at $1.25M for officer charged with George Floyd's murder  (Read 412 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bail set at $1.25M for officer charged with George Floyd's murder
By Rebecca Klar - 06/08/20 03:04 PM EDT

A judge has reportedly set bail at $1.25 million for Derek Chauvin, the ex-Minneapolis police officer charged with second-degree murder in the death of George Floyd.

Judge Jeannice Redding granted the prosecutor's motion to set unconditional bail at $1.25 million, or $1 million with conditions, on Monday as Chauvin appeared virtually in a Minneapolis court, CNN reported.

Conditions include being law-abiding, making future appearances, not working in security or in a law enforcement capacity, surrendering firearms or ammunition and any firearm permit, not leaving Minnesota and having no contact with George Floyd’s family, according to CNN.

Chauvin would also need to waive extradition upon his release, the outlet reported.

The defense reportedly did not object to the prosecutor's bail proposal.

It was the first time Chauvin has appeared in court.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/news/501689-bail-set-at-125m-for-former-minneapolis-officer-accused-of-killing-george-floyd
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Bail set at $1.25M for officer charged with George Floyd's murder
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 07:21:53 pm »
Bail?  Right now the man is safer in jail.  Mob would kill him and drag his body through MN right now if they could.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2020, 07:38:15 pm »
Jeanine Pirro laid out in excruciating detail Chauvin’s actions and Floyd’s ordeal in his encounter with police. Her account swayed my opinion of the events. However, I still believe this was not about race.

I hope Chauvin’s lawyers can find him a venue where he can get a fair trial, but nothing will save Chauvin from the consequences of his heinous acts.

To protect and to serve doesn’t cover disregard for human life which Chauvin displayed on those videos. No one appointed him judge and executioner.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2020, 07:46:54 pm »
Jeanine Pirro laid out in excruciating detail Chauvin’s actions and Floyd’s ordeal in his encounter with police. Her account swayed my opinion of the events. However, I still believe this was not about race.

I hope Chauvin’s lawyers can find him a venue where he can get a fair trial, but nothing will save Chauvin from the consequences of his heinous acts.

To protect and to serve doesn’t cover disregard for human life which Chauvin displayed on those videos. No one appointed him judge and executioner.

Can you give a brief summary on what she said...please

@aligncare
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2020, 08:29:23 pm »
Can you give a brief summary on what she said...please

@aligncare

She filled in some of the details lost in all the heated discussions. Such as the many many times Floyd begged for his life, begged of the pain and that he couldn’t breath—over thirty times. Floyd even called out to his mother at one point saying,“they’re killing me.” She described what Floyd said to Chauvin near the end, “I’m done, I’m done,” just before he became still.

Pirro recalled the number of bystanders and what they said, including their pleas for the cops to check on Floyd’s condition. After Floyd wailed in pain for the umpteenth time one officers said to Chauvin maybe they should put him on his side and Chauvin shot back NO.

There was much more than I can recall here. I’ll check for her monologue and post it here.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2020, 08:38:19 pm »
No video posted of Saturday’s monologue. It was a pretty powerful recounting of those nearly nine minutes.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2020, 08:44:24 pm »
Okay, it just posted. It begins at about 15:00, but the opening statement by the poster is also good:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2020, 09:26:13 pm »
Powerful.  Very powerful.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2020, 10:02:27 pm »
Powerful.  Very powerful.

At first I was willing to give Chauvin the benefit of the doubt. But, after review of video and rethinking however, we see Floyd cooperating after the cuffs were on; there were four officers on scene, it wasn’t a case of a lone officer attempting to subdue a large, resisting suspect. And, it wasn’t a violent crime passing a phony bill. Then, there were the many opportunities to check on Floyd’s condition, the length of time in which Chauvin had him down and the concern the other officer had. I could understand Chauvin ignoring Floyd’s pleas, or bystander pleas, but not his fellow officer’s concern.

This was reckless disregard for a suspect‘s safety, in handcuffs, under his care (and under his knee!)