Author Topic: Condoleezza Rice to Trump: "Twitter and tweeting are not great ways for complex thoughts"  (Read 1032 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Condoleezza Rice to Trump: "Twitter and tweeting are not great ways for complex thoughts"

--Video @ link

https://www.yahoo.com/news/condoleezza-rice-trump-twitter-tweeting-154347600.html
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline PeteS in CA

The MSM, who edit out what they don't want heard, are not great ways for complex thoughts, Ms Rice. OTOH, Twitter is an effective vehicle to bypass MSM selective editing and spiking.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline dfwgator

Another Bushie weighs in.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I'm guessing this is too complex for Ms. Condescension  ...

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

(The voice over is from the President's speech on May 30 ... after the space launch)

« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 06:08:20 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
I'll grant she's half right.  Twitter as a tool, without  WH COS, and/ or WH CD vetting is not good, and a mistake.

Used correctly, this media is perfect, and that is what drives the MSM crazy.  If these Twitter messages could be carefully crafted and vetted this could be a devastating tool against the left, and MSM in general. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
I'll grant she's half right.  Twitter as a tool, without  WH COS, and/ or WH CD vetting is not good, and a mistake.

Used correctly, this media is perfect, and that is what drives the MSM crazy.  If these Twitter messages could be carefully crafted and vetted this could be a devastating tool against the left, and MSM in general.

Agreed about Twitter potentially being a devastating weapon to circumvent the mainstream media.
The problem is that Trump is too accessible. The president's voice should resonate. We all should be, "Shhh! The President of the United States is speaking."

Misused, Twitter becomes too common a medium. After all, it's the same place where D-list celebrities are "cancelled" for not being Trans-friendly. Where Instagram and Youtube influencers are declared "over" for some PC violation. Where K-pop fans post silly memes. And then, here comes POTUS in the twitter feed posting and retweeting dozens of times a day. It diminishes the gravitas of his voice and the weight of his office.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline Absalom

Our Founders read, reflected, wrote and spoke; the likes of Jefferson Madison and Clay.
We moderns, tweet and twitter; the likes of stable genius Trump and his fans.
Yet we are the greatest!
Hmm............certainly the greatest embarrassments!!!

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Stick to your piano playin', Condi...

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Stick to your piano playin', Condi...

I used to like her.  I listened to part of her interview and that was enough.  "We" need to come together was her beginning message but it wound up that the "Whites" need to give.  Enough said.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline dancer

And yet another Bush globalist seems to think PDJT should not tweet.  I've got news for you, Condi.  His tweeting got him elected.  Last I knew, POTUS has 81.9 million followers.  Most of us love that he speaks  to us  directly.

We also love that he tweaks the MSM and responds to some losers who think it is fine to lie, libel, insult and demean the man that we elected to represent us.  We get Trump.  Some don't. 

We also know that sometimes he'll say something just to bait the journalists and they fall for it every time!  They run around with their hair on fire, shrieking at the top of their lungs while he quietly gets things done.

Condi's use of "complex thoughts" is hysterical.  I never noticed a single complex thought coming from W's brain.   :silly:

Offline aligncare

I'm guessing this is too complex for Ms. Condescension  ...

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

(The voice over is from the President's speech on May 30 ... after the space launch)

Democrats separate us into identity groups: racial, gender, class.

Trump sees only one identity group: Americans. It’s a winning, healing message.

Offline aligncare

And yet another Bush globalist seems to think PDJT should not tweet.  I've got news for you, Condi.  His tweeting got him elected.  Last I knew, POTUS has 81.9 million followers.  Most of us love that he speaks  to us  directly.

We also love that he tweaks the MSM and responds to some losers who think it is fine to lie, libel, insult and demean the man that we elected to represent us.  We get Trump.  Some don't. 

We also know that sometimes he'll say something just to bait the journalists and they fall for it every time!  They run around with their hair on fire, shrieking at the top of their lungs while he quietly gets things done.

Condi's use of "complex thoughts" is hysterical.  I never noticed a single complex thought coming from W's brain.   :silly:

I don’t know how I missed this post last night? Perfectly captures the zeitgeist of the these crazy times and how Trump adapted the presidency in order to fight and win for the country and people he loves!  :beer: 

I cannot help but believe God had a hand in his election. We will need more of God’s intervention to save the land we love from the insidious rise of Marxism and the division it sows in America in the 21st century. :patriot:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 10:44:41 am by aligncare »

Offline aligncare

Laura Ingraham nails it! If we had honest journalism and honest media prize committees, she would win one of those lucite Pulitzer trophies for last night’s entire show. Here’s just the opening segment. It gets even better from here with guests Niger Innis and Victor Davis Hanson, which I will post if it becomes available on YouTube. These issues have everything to do with why Donald Trump tweets, by the way:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Must see the entire 6/8/2020 airing. It was brilliant in its focus.

Offline Slide Rule

Condoleezza Rice to Trump: "Twitter and tweeting are not great ways for complex thoughts"

--Video @ link

https://www.yahoo.com/news/condoleezza-rice-trump-twitter-tweeting-154347600.html

When the Marxists start listening, I suppose your suggestion would work.

Until then, best to keep the words short, crisp, and effective.

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline aligncare

Exactly. Political speak is the coin of the realm in Washington D.C. but not on Main Street. Trump distills his message down to the essential point. He also uses repetition and placement of the core point at the end of the sentence for retention. He does this naturally and instinctively from years of experience with business negotiations. It may seem ungainly to elites, but it works to penetrate the public’s pea brains (no offense meant). Commercial advertisers use the same techniques in 10 and 15 second commercial spots. Crude but effective.

Offline EdinVA

And then.... act on it If you say you will do it..

Offline aligncare

Tucker: Black Lives Matters is Now a Political Party

Make no mistake. Marxists have hijacked racial grievances and are seriously on the march. The time is now, the place is America.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online Hoodat

"Twitter and tweeting are not great ways for complex thoughts"

But it is the most effective way to piss off people who are incapable of complex thoughts.   Like Democrats, for example.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline aligncare

Bump.

Tucker’s message is important for regular Americans—republican and democrat—to hear. It is of great moment. Marxism is on the march. It’s time to protect and defend AMERICA from third-world chaos—don’t believe me? Look at Chicago, had the deadliest day in 60 years. Why now?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 01:25:09 pm by aligncare »

Offline skeeter

Tucker: Black Lives Matters is Now a Political Party

Make no mistake. Marxists have hijacked racial grievances and are seriously on the march. The time is now, the place is America.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

That was a helluva monologue.

Offline aligncare

That was a helluva monologue.

All true. Keep your eyes wide open, people. Tucker connects a lot of dots and brings clarity to seemingly disparate facts. Important events are coming together after Leftists’ George Floyd moment and the reaction to it from our leaders. Democrats are seizing the moment, feckless republicans are ignoring it. Very dangerous for our republic.

Online Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
All true. Keep your eyes wide open, people. Tucker connects a lot of dots and brings clarity to seemingly disparate facts. Important events are coming together after Leftists’ George Floyd moment and the reaction to it from our leaders. Democrats are seizing the moment, feckless republicans are ignoring it. Very dangerous for our republic.

Thank Goodness for guys like Carlson.  No surprise or secret that most of us here at TBR understood the left's intent of captializing on events to hijack the '20 election.  We all saw how suspicious it was that this Floyd matter coincidentally and strategically happened when the left was losing the narrative and control on the COVID-19 lockdown and ecomonic fall out.  Thankfully, he is helping get that message out to the masses.

Alas, we are one small voice in the internet wilderness, being sqaushed by the thumb of biased algorithimic search engines.  Sadly, our enemy has all Big Tech and MSM behind them.  But, we do have the truth and American traditon of what is good about this country.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline andy58-in-nh

It is hard to overstate just much the entire Washington/New York political establishment, which includes the Federal bureaucracy, the "elite" media and the educational institutions all absolutely loathe Donald Trump.

Sure, you knew that. But it is the depth of the disgust, fear and loathing that you have to experience in person to believe. I have had the misfortune of such experience, and it is stunning to see how otherwise intelligent and educated human beings can go absolutely berserk and apoplectic at the slightest mention of Trump's name or the mildest implication that you might actually agree with him about anything whatsoever.

So, when he issues these Tweets to his followers, Trump produces an outpouring of mad dog, mouth-frothing rage unlike anyone else. And because he understands that, I believe that he issues them in a manner intended to troll and taunt.  This tactic seems to equally affect both liberals and Beltway/New York conservative pundits, who mistake trolling for dumb bluster, and nods and winks to supporters as evidence of a deeply unserious intellect.

And yet, he continues to quietly do the right things while leading his adversaries on one wild goose chase after another. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Anyone who hasn't yet seen that Tucker Carlson piece on BLM, in post 16 above, you should take the 25 minutes to watch it. Not a bad minute in it.

Tucker stops short of stating outright "what is comin' down the line", but he knows it as well as you do.

Having said that, Andy wrote:
"So, when he issues these Tweets to his followers, Trump produces an outpouring of mad dog, mouth-frothing rage unlike anyone else. And because he understands that, I believe that he issues them in a manner intended to troll and taunt.  This tactic seems to equally affect both liberals and Beltway/New York conservative pundits, who mistake trolling for dumb bluster, and nods and winks to supporters as evidence of a deeply unserious intellect."

Mr. Trump is perhaps the only prominent officeholder in America standing up for the country and the Euro-majority right now. Look at how almost all the others either cower away, or speak quickly in a few platitudes.

I've said this before, and I will repeat:
"After Trump... the deluge."