Author Topic: Atlanta mayor being vetted as possible Biden VP pick: report  (Read 380 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Atlanta mayor being vetted as possible Biden VP pick: report
By Julia Manchester - 06/08/20 11:22 AM EDT

Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms (D) is among the women under consideration to be former Vice President Biden's running mate, according to a new report.

Politico reported on Monday that Lance Bottoms, along with Florida Rep. Val Demmings (D), are under consideration for the Democratic ticket.

Lance Bottoms has garnered national attention amid the coronavirus pandemic, notably criticizing Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp (R) for being one of the first states to reopen.

She has also been a vocal voice amid the protests over the death of George Floyd. Lance Bottoms criticized President Trump's response to his death on CNN on Sunday, saying she was "simply disgusted" with Trump for invoking Floyd's name while discussing economic gains after a better-than-expected employment report on Friday.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/501635-atlanta-mayor-being-vetted-as-possible-biden-vp-pick-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Re: Atlanta mayor being vetted as possible Biden VP pick: report
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 03:42:50 pm »
This is hilarious, not on account of Bottoms herself, but on account of what a fickle reactionary race baiter Joe Biden is.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2020, 05:01:05 pm »
Biden's Veepstakes Soap Opera has resumed. The more events, even prospective Gotcha-Trumps soak up MSM coverage-oxygen, the more obvious Biden's impotence and irrelevance. :silly:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2020, 05:08:56 pm »
 :pop41:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2020, 05:10:13 pm »
This is hilarious, not on account of Bottoms herself, but on account of what a fickle reactionary race baiter Joe Biden is.

The timing of this white to black capitulation has almost boxed Biden into a corner of having to pick a black VPOTUS candidate.

From a strategic perspective, finding one that isn't so far left is going to be a challenge. 
Then, add the fact  that  the very most important demographic to the dim party is the Van Driving Soccer Mom.  I don't think this will play well with them, with looting and rioting fresh in their memories.

Jury is still out the whole Floyd event plays out politically in November.  I wouldn't hedge any bets yet.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2020, 05:53:53 pm »
The timing of this white to black capitulation has almost boxed Biden into a corner of having to pick a black VPOTUS candidate.

From a strategic perspective, finding one that isn't so far left is going to be a challenge. 
Then, add the fact  that  the very most important demographic to the dim party is the Van Driving Soccer Mom.  I don't think this will play well with them, with looting and rioting fresh in their memories.

Jury is still out the whole Floyd event plays out politically in November.  I wouldn't hedge any bets yet.

Kamala is lethal. She checks off so many boxes.
  Female. Half-black, Half-Asian. White husband, white step-children. Member of a popular black female sorority. Former prosecutor.
  And many of her prosecutor positions were not leftist. Holding parents accountable for truant children. Anti-weed legalization. Not mandating police wear bodycams. Not investigating officer involved shootings. Refusing to address the issue of exorbitant bail.

The thing that we make fun of her for is her shameless, manipulative hoeiness in sleeping with Willie Brown, but that will not be an issue in today's permissive ("no slut shaming!") culture. Besides, Flotus-Potus have a similar age difference, and the GOP has already ceded the moral high ground as no longer mattering ("we didn't elect a priest").

IMO, Biden (or better yet the DNC kingmakers) will choose Kamala or Whitmer. They are waiting to see if Whitmer maintains her popularity in Michigan through the pandemic.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2020, 06:05:43 pm »

IMO, Biden (or better yet the DNC kingmakers) will choose Kamala or Whitmer. They are waiting to see if Whitmer maintains her popularity in Michigan through the pandemic.

Good write up.  Only point that works against her is coming from a safe blue state.   I think it is more likely slow joe pulls a candiate from a state in play.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2020, 07:00:57 pm »
If Biden were smart, and we know that is not the case, but if he were, Bottoms would never be seriously considered.  She is tied to the prior mayor, who was facing indictment for corruption.

Catfish is right, in that it will be a candidate from a state that needs a push.  My money is on Rep Val Demings.  She was on the committee to impeach Trump, and she was a cop.  She will be the law and order teammate for a weak sister Biden.  Plus, she might generate votes for Biden in Florida.  I honestly do not know.

Biden will NEVER select Kamala Harris.  Her voice alone is grating, and most would be turned off listening to her.  I think that was one of her problems when she ran.  I cringed every time I heard her nasal voice.