Author Topic: WPB mayor responds to riots by declaring emergency ban on guns and ammo for citizens  (Read 590 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WPB mayor responds to riots by declaring emergency ban on guns and ammo for citizens
June 7, 2020 | Robert Jonathan

The liberal West Palm Beach, Fla, mayor’s state of local emergency continues to put a halt to gun sales within the city limit even though civil unrest may make it more important for self-defense.

Mayor Keith James’ declaration, which is said to be the first of its kind in the nation, extends to a ban on already licensed gun owners to carry their weapons.

James was a big supporter of failed 2020 Democrat presidential candidate Michael Bloomberg, who if elected, would have been gun grabber in chief.

“With the emergency declared, a state law kicks in that prohibits not only the sale of guns and ammunition but also the possession of a firearm in public by anyone not sworn in as a law enforcement official or on-duty military personnel,” the Washington Examiner explained.

Gun store operators in the city say the mayor’s potentially Second-Amendment-violating edict is ruining business by forcing them to turn away customers who want to protect themselves, their families, and their homes from lawbreakers particularly when police resources are stretched thin. They also contend that it is ineffective in the big picture because neighboring towns haven’t followed West Palm’s example.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/06/07/wpb-mayor-responds-to-riots-by-declaring-emergency-ban-on-guns-and-ammo-for-citizens-931458
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Obviously, this is an illegal edict. Not that a Democrat cares about 'Law'.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

Good luck with all that.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LadyLiberty

Just go to Lake Worth for all of your home protection needs.

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

Some years ago, around 1995, I bought a number of home defense weapons at one time.

The male clerk at this large weapons store, went to the back to do the FBI search on me.  He came back and said, "I can't believe it!  The FBI has nothing on you!"  We completed the sale and I left.  I thought about this, and wondered if everyone coming in there and buying a weapon, had an FBI record, hmmm, think about that.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 04:28:46 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline skeeter

To the honorable mayor: too late.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Yeah, anybody who'd been watching the news in the past decade has already stocked up on all these necessary supplies.  The last place I'd want to be is at the end of a line of people buying ammo. 

I distrust the mental state of people who got up yesterday and suddenly decided to go out and buy their first gun and ammo, they have no situational awareness. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

My ammo supply is pretty good right now. I understand some places are essentially sold out. Every time I check a gunstore website, they're sold out of AR-15s and similar rifles, and many 9mm pistols.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

Yeah, anybody who'd been watching the news in the past decade has already stocked up on all these necessary supplies.  The last place I'd want to be is at the end of a line of people buying ammo. 

I distrust the mental state of people who got up yesterday and suddenly decided to go out and buy their first gun and ammo, they have no situational awareness.

They certainly have a lot of catching up to do. But better late than never.

BTW I think its wise to also consider that not all of these people buying weapons and ammo are necessarily on our side.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The next phase...  On cue.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Agree.  Any piker now freaking out wanting a gun and ammo, probably is not prepared to use it, and more likely to have it used against him.  The phase of preperation is now over.  Now it is time to defend. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

Water, food, gold, guns and plenty of ammo are necessities in life and should be in everyone's preparedness kit.  Oh ... and alcohol, it can be used to barter with and used as an antiseptic as well.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"The liberal West Palm Beach, Fla, mayor’s state of local emergency continues to put a halt to gun sales within the city limit even though civil unrest may make it more important for self-defense."

Seems to me the governor better come down on this guy, both hard and fast...

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Cyber Liberty...

A bit of an extreme sentiment.  I never owned a gun, although I have used them, for skeet or target shooting, etc.

I decided with all that is going on, it was time to get one.  I think my mental state is normal, and relatively unchanged from any period prior.  To my knowledge, no one in my whole family ever owned a gun, went hunting etc.  I have gone hunting, using a friend's rifle.  Never saw anything.  During deer season, all we saw was small game, and just the reverse when we went small game hunting.  However, I did enjoy being outdoors in nature in the hills of West Virginia mostly.

When I went to the store, they had nothing along the line of what I wanted.  I called half a dozen gun/sports stores, all were cleaned out.  I even called the manufacturer of what I wanted asking them to point me to someone that had inventory.  They were no help at all.  I have nothing as yet, but I will down the road.  Stores will eventually restock with inventory.

I haven't raced about to get a weapon, in part, my wife is against having a weapon in the house.  So, if I get one, it will be tucked away out of sight, yet accessible in the time of need.  And I am willing to wait to get what I decided to get.  That could take months before they are available again.

Years ago, the movie The Road was out(2009).  I saw it and thought, what a gruesome movie.  That will never happen.  But with events being what they have been since that movie was made, I now believe it is possible that events could lead us to days as depicted in that movie.  With that, every bad outcome you can think of could become normal living in the future.  I see that now. 

I have not stocked up on food, bought weapons and ammo for such an outcome.  Nor do I own a grams worth of gold.  If the sh*t hits the fan, we probably have enough food in the house to survive three months or so.  If I were to up our supply, I would take it to six months.  In that time, if the market collapses, food is no longer available, I would be forced to defend what little I have.  Whatever amount of ammo I would have in stock, I suspect it would never be enough, for I suspect the robbers would keep coming.

I suppose I prefer to believe in a positive future.  I will get my weapon(s) eventually, but I believe we have a positive future ahead in the USA.  I have purchased books recently on producing food that is high in nutrition and has a decent shelf life.  I have also purchased books on survival living, that I need to read, so that I have some of that knowledge should life turn in that direction.

But I am 66.  I have 10-20 years maybe.  I am not too worried about my future.  I know what my future for etermity will be in the not too distant future, even if I live to be 100, which I believe I have zero chances of that outcome.

With the Chinese government developing viruses to eliminate the senior population with financing from the USA, most people on this site might just have less time than they think.  And that is exactly what I think was going on with this virus.  Developed in the lab to take out the senior population.  No need to worry about the future of Social Security, problem solved. The next version will kill even more people.  And there will be a next version.  That threat is greater than someone busting my door down for my food, valuables, weapons and ammo.