Poll

What is the Level of your Current Misery, Politically (or otherwise)?

Start Praying and buying ammo, this experiment is over
8 (27.6%)
It's Pretty Bad
10 (34.5%)
The Glass is still half full
8 (27.6%)
Another Fake corbe Poll
3 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: What is the Level of your Current Misery, Politically (or otherwise)?  (Read 9928 times)

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: What is the Level of your Current Misery, Politically (or orherwise)?
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2020, 07:52:07 pm »
I think things will start lookng up when we start reading about more rioting BLM/Antifa casualites. 

@catfish1957

That would surely cheer ME up.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2020, 10:50:20 pm »
Oftentimes lately, the daily events we discuss here just seems so surreal to me, like a fairy tale from Mother Grimms (without the lessons of Aesop) regardless of whether I'm sober, drunk and/or stoned.  I seem to be lost perpetually in a world that makes no sense what so ever and I'm running out of things to do to keep me preoccupied.
 Anyway I removed the time expiration on the Misery Poll.
@corbe
@Gefn
@sneakypete
@mystery-ak   

Poll: "What is the Level of your Current Misery, Politically (or otherwise)?"

corbe, your poll is, "What is the Level of your Current Misery, Politically (or otherwise)?"  I will make this post about just me in the midst of this virus.

1.  I can't walk due to my right knee collapsing with major pain, therefore the virus isn't stopping me from leaving my house; my knee is stopping me.

2.  Tomorrow, a knee surgeon will take water out of my swollen right knee, then inject hyaluronic acid into the knee as he did one week ago tomorrow.  If this doesn't allow the knee to work without major pain and collapsing, I will have knee replacement as everything has been tried for 8 months to save this knee.  The surgeon does not want to operate on an elderly person, which I am, but it will be surgery or never walk independently again.

3.  The knee replacement will happen in a hospital where COVID-19 patients are.  I know that is true since Bob had to go there a few weeks ago and there were 10 patients with that virus.  Since numbers are going up here, they likely have more of these patients, not less.

4.  My level of current misery is a 20 on a scale of 1-10.

Don't want to have surgery where virus patients are.
With knee replacement, have to go to physical therapy for months.

Doc says it will take six months or longer to completely get over knee replacement.

Unfortunately, @sneakypete, you can't do this for me, have your knee replaced instead of mine, but I know you would, if you could.   :beer:

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2020, 12:38:49 am »
My level basically never changes because I truly don't give rabid rat's ass what anyone else thinks. I make an honest effort to live my life the way I want to live it,and need neither permission or approval to do so as long as I remain without shouting distance of the law.

I also make an honest effort,even if I occasionally fail,to be fair to everyone and to treat almost everyone equally. With certain exceptions,of course. For example, no man that wants to live a peaceful home life treats other women like he treats his sweetie,and any that does deserves the mountain of grief that will be unloaded on him.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 12:40:10 am by sneakypete »

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2020, 12:45:09 am »
@corbe
@Gefn
@sneakypete
@mystery-ak   

corbe, your poll is, "What is the Level of your Current Misery, Politically (or otherwise)?"  I will make this post about just me in the midst of this virus.

1.  I can't walk due to my right knee collapsing with major pain, therefore the virus isn't stopping me from leaving my house; my knee is stopping me.

2.  Tomorrow, a knee surgeon will take water out of my swollen right knee, then inject hyaluronic acid into the knee as he did one week ago tomorrow.  If this doesn't allow the knee to work without major pain and collapsing, I will have knee replacement as everything has been tried for 8 months to save this knee.  The surgeon does not want to operate on an elderly person, which I am, but it will be surgery or never walk independently again.

3.  The knee replacement will happen in a hospital where COVID-19 patients are.  I know that is true since Bob had to go there a few weeks ago and there were 10 patients with that virus.  Since numbers are going up here, they likely have more of these patients, not less.

Doc says it will take six months or longer to completely get over knee replacement.

Unfortunately, @sneakypete, you can't do this for me, have your knee replaced instead of mine, but I know you would, if you could.   :beer:

@Victoria33

Hah! I need at least 4 myself. Two to replace the junk ones I have thanks to having been a career paratrooper,and a couple of spares because I am no longer as graceful as I once was.

Every morning when I wake up,getting out of bed is an adventure. First,I have to make sure everything is working,and then I  had to determine how well it is working at that moment,and then try to convince it all to work together. NOT as easy as it used to be.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 12:45:58 am by sneakypete »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2020, 03:56:08 am »
Well, Aside from watching the savings swirl around the drain, the uncertainty if I will ever work another well as a geologist, not getting enough hours on the current job, I'm still a mite optimistic. The job is outside, no contact, and essential, so maybe that will improve.
But overall, some scattered videos have shown me a couple of things. Aside from the looting and burning riots, the numbers at these demonstrations don't seem to be as great as the Media are trying to portray. It's a typical Bolshevik tactic of saying you are in the majority when actually your numbers are relatively few. Sure, some show up for something to do, the lockdowns have been tough, but others are tired of the BS, are tired of being played (as Blacks generally are at this point) and are, I believe tired of the petty tyranny of feeling unable to speak their minds against any of this crap, even as they watch their businesses or jobs go up in smoke.
People are getting tired of do-nothing politicians who have allowed lawless zones to proliferate, are tired of the destruction of memorials, which no longer have to have anything to do with slaves, and just want their lives back without all the crap. A growing number of whites, despite the media BS, are saying "Hell NO! I'm not taking a knee. I never owned or mistreated anyone, and I'll be damned if I'm kissing anyone's ass just because it is darker than mine."

So, I think the "revolution" is more fake news, not that destruction and death hasn't accompanied it, just that it doesn't have the broad based support the media would have us believe. When (as in @DCPatriot  's video) a black woman with an apparently hand crafted (not slick preprinted) sign is holding up something that says "Stop pretending that you give a F***", there is a narrative we are not getting from the media, where what bleeds leads and fire is above the fold. (Good news may be found, occasionally, in the legal notices).

We are not getting the whole story, and what we are getting is seriously skewed. So, there's hope. Keep your powder dry and get in your range time just in case, but put a mite more faith in The Almighty. We'll survive all this, too.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 03:57:44 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2020, 05:53:13 am »
Well, Aside from watching the savings swirl around the drain, the uncertainty if I will ever work another well as a geologist, not getting enough hours on the current job, I'm still a mite optimistic. The job is outside, no contact, and essential, so maybe that will improve.
But overall, some scattered videos have shown me a couple of things. Aside from the looting and burning riots, the numbers at these demonstrations don't seem to be as great as the Media are trying to portray. It's a typical Bolshevik tactic of saying you are in the majority when actually your numbers are relatively few. Sure, some show up for something to do, the lockdowns have been tough, but others are tired of the BS, are tired of being played (as Blacks generally are at this point) and are, I believe tired of the petty tyranny of feeling unable to speak their minds against any of this crap, even as they watch their businesses or jobs go up in smoke.
People are getting tired of do-nothing politicians who have allowed lawless zones to proliferate, are tired of the destruction of memorials, which no longer have to have anything to do with slaves, and just want their lives back without all the crap. A growing number of whites, despite the media BS, are saying "Hell NO! I'm not taking a knee. I never owned or mistreated anyone, and I'll be damned if I'm kissing anyone's ass just because it is darker than mine."

So, I think the "revolution" is more fake news, not that destruction and death hasn't accompanied it, just that it doesn't have the broad based support the media would have us believe. When (as in @DCPatriot  's video) a black woman with an apparently hand crafted (not slick preprinted) sign is holding up something that says "Stop pretending that you give a F***", there is a narrative we are not getting from the media, where what bleeds leads and fire is above the fold. (Good news may be found, occasionally, in the legal notices).

We are not getting the whole story, and what we are getting is seriously skewed. So, there's hope. Keep your powder dry and get in your range time just in case, but put a mite more faith in The Almighty. We'll survive all this, too.

@Smokin Joe     :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Idiot

« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2020, 01:43:56 pm »
@corbe
@Gefn
@sneakypete
@mystery-ak   

Praying for you @Victoria33

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2020, 01:47:07 pm »
I have resigned myself to the fact that the Republic I grew up loving is history and now plan to try and enjoy what little remains of my life here on this earth.  I do worry about what will become of those I leave behind.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2020, 01:49:12 pm »
I have resigned myself to the fact that the Republic I grew up loving is history and now plan to try and enjoy what little remains of my life here on this earth.  I do worry about what will become of those I leave behind.
Same here.  I just hope there is a location of refuge for my descendents, because this country is becoming a hell hole. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2020, 01:51:16 pm »

Oof. I know about that... the chronic knee thing, I mean... I know all about that...

:nono: :nono:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2020, 02:15:22 pm »
Same here.  I just hope there is a location of refuge for my descendents, because this country is becoming a hell hole.

I feel the same way.  The glimmer of hope that I saw under Trump to lead us in a more positive direction and keeping our Republic in tact has dwindled significantly.  I fear for my kids and grandkids. My kids, especially the oldest holds this country dear; most of the grandkids are too young to realize what is going on and understand. I'm kicking myself everyday for not moving to a more rural and secluded area ... I didn't want to leave family behind.  At least though, perhaps they would have had a safer area to come to.  Too late now.  We don't have the health nor the energy to pick up and get out.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2020, 02:19:45 pm »
@corbe
@Gefn
@sneakypete
@mystery-ak   

@Victoria 33 -- I am faced with a similar problem; supposed to go in for a couple of heart procedures -- risky and even riskier as I'll have to be on blood thinners --- then there's the whole COVID thing on top of that.

Focus on yourself -- think ahead and picture yourself feeling better and getting through all this.  Positive positive positive thinking right now is a must!  Lots of prayer too.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2020, 02:22:20 pm »

I don't know what gave me the idea the age of the sovereign individual would last forever - its not how the human race rolls.

But as always God is in control & we already know how this story ends.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2020, 02:29:22 pm »
I don't know what gave me the idea the age of the sovereign individual would last forever - its not how the human race rolls.

But as always God is in control & we already know how this story ends.

Till then, I hope Ayn Rand's vision comes to fruition.  Many Briefers here embody that spirit.  In fact, I'll venture many of the younger ones here will be happy residents of Galtville, when this whole sorry mess finally crumbles.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2020, 02:40:49 pm »
@Victoria33

I’d gladly go through your surgery in your place for you too.

Feel better, you are a dear lady. I don’t want to see you suffer. Kisses to you and Prissy.

6666kiss
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline aligncare

« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2020, 02:41:02 pm »
The first time a day goes by without my hearing the words Corona or virus on the news, my misery index will plummet. Except of course unless it’s a beer commercial or an ad for Windows operating system  :smokin:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2020, 02:54:22 pm »
Till then, I hope Ayn Rand's vision comes to fruition.  Many Briefers here embody that spirit.  In fact, I'll venture many of the younger ones here will be happy residents of Galtville, when this whole sorry mess finally crumbles.

There will always be that kind, the other certainty about the human race.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2020, 02:59:10 pm »

@catfish1957

Russia. HUGE country with a very low population per acre,and vast resources.

They have also been through the full cycle of this "revolution to install communism/fascism",and are over it. Regardless of the lies told,the typical Russian citizen KNOWS where this crap leads.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2020, 04:48:41 pm »
The first time a day goes by without my hearing the words Corona or virus on the news, my misery index will plummet. Except of course unless it’s a beer commercial or an ad for Windows operating system  :smokin:

:beer:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2020, 05:55:03 pm »
Not content with that, I'm sowing the seeds of the next American Revolution if the Communists prevail.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2020, 05:57:21 pm »
@Victoria33 @libertybele I will keep you ladies in my prayers.

C S Lewis

Offline berdie

« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2020, 08:50:34 pm »
Well, misery isn't a word that is what I feel.

However, on a scale of one to 10 (10 being the  highest) I'm at an 11. Worried about my family, check. Worried about my country, check. Amazed at the destruction being allowed, check. Deeply concerned about COVID, check. Concerned about the economy, check.

Worried that we are being told the truth by the media...check, check, check.

But on the bright side (a one) getting away from the news is a great mood elevator. happy77

Online corbe

« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2020, 09:00:13 pm »
   My knob just went up another notch. 
   I was just refused service at my local lickher store (Spec's) because I wouldn't wear a mask.  Of course I have a backup plan and being a white guy, it doesn't involve arson, it's called 'delivery'.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2020, 09:03:18 pm »
   My knob just went up another notch. 
   I was just refused service at my local lickher store (Spec's) because I wouldn't wear a mask.  Of course I have a backup plan and being a white guy, it doesn't involve arson, it's called 'delivery'.
Takes you back, doesn't it? Paying some guy to bring you a few bottles from the liquor store? Reminds me of my misspent youth.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2020, 09:24:05 pm »
@catfish1957

Russia. HUGE country with a very low population per acre,and vast resources.

They have also been through the full cycle of this "revolution to install communism/fascism",and are over it. Regardless of the lies told,the typical Russian citizen KNOWS where this crap leads.

@sneakypete

I used to correspond with a Russian fella for a few years after the breakup of the Soviet Union.  He told me things really didn't change.  The so-called former communists like Putin are still communists.  Yes, they have elections now, but he said they are fixed.  And from time to time, opposition candidates "disappear."

It's a shame because I understand there is plenty of unspoiled land, natural beauty  The Russian guy sent me some photos.  Beautiful.

Lost touch with this guy -- for all I know he could be in a gulag somewhere.  Anyway, from what I heard from him and others, I don't think I'd want to live there.