Author Topic: 'I write this with tears in my eyes': Wife of Drew Brees says family has received death threats foll  (Read 511 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'I write this with tears in my eyes': Wife of Drew Brees says family has received death threats following his protest comments
by Dominick Mastrangelo
 | June 07, 2020 11:07 AM

The wife of New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees said she and her husband have received death threats following comments the NFL star made earlier this week.

Brees, one of the league's highest-paid players, expressed a refusal to condone players who he said disrespect the flag by taking a knee in protest during the national anthem before games. The death of George Floyd while he was in police custody has sparked a national movement demanding criminal justice reform and the eradication of police brutality.

"We are the problem. I write this with tears in my eyes and I hope you all hear our hearts," Brittany Brees said in a statement this week. "Only until the last few days, until we experienced the death threats we experienced the hate. Did I realize that these words were speaking directly to us. How could anyone who knows us or has had interactions with us think that Drew or I have a racist bone in our body?"

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/i-write-this-with-tears-in-my-eyes-wife-of-drew-brees-says-family-has-received-death-threats-following-his-protest-comments
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

And there you have it.... "I will never agree..." gets you death threats.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 03:59:13 pm by EdinVA »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
'I write this with tears in my eyes': Wife of Drew Brees says family has received death threats following his protest comments
by Dominick Mastrangelo
 | June 07, 2020 11:07 AM

The wife of New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees said she and her husband have received death threats following comments the NFL star made earlier this week.

Brees, one of the league's highest-paid players, expressed a refusal to condone players who he said disrespect the flag by taking a knee in protest during the national anthem before games. The death of George Floyd while he was in police custody has sparked a national movement demanding criminal justice reform and the eradication of police brutality.

"We are the problem. I write this with tears in my eyes and I hope you all hear our hearts," Brittany Brees said in a statement this week. "Only until the last few days, until we experienced the death threats we experienced the hate. Did I realize that these words were speaking directly to us.
How could anyone who knows us or has had interactions with us think that Drew or I have a racist bone in our body?"

Iz you or iz you not white?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Mrs. Brees:  I apologize your husband is a spineless worm.  Choose better next time, Sports-Wife.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Idiot

Mrs. Brees:  I apologize your husband is a spineless worm.  Choose better next time, Sports-Wife.
:thumbsup: