Author Topic: I did not kill George Floyd  (Read 203 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

I did not kill George Floyd
« on: June 07, 2020, 08:00:43 pm »
https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/06/03/i-did-not-kill-george-floyd/

I did not kill George Floyd
BRENDAN O'NEILL   , EDITOR
3rd June 202
There’s a new sin. Forget gluttony. Forget sloth. The great moral error today is whiteness. To be white is to be fallen. Whiteness has become a kind of original sin, an inherited moral defect one must atone for throughout one’s life. In the wake of the brutal execution of George Floyd by police in Minneapolis, this almost religious treatment of whiteness as an existential flaw has gone uber-mainstream.

Listen to the Archbishop of Canterbury. Yesterday he called on ‘white Christians’ to ‘repent of our own prejudices’. Repent, ye sinners! Or if you prefer your leaders to be secular, how about the high priestess of middle-class decency, Nigella Lawson, who instructs her fellow white people to ‘acknowledge [that] systematic racism exists’ and that we are ‘complicit in it’. That brutal killing in Minneapolis – it’s your doing, white people.

Or read Time, the most mainstream magazine in existence. ‘White people’, says one of its contributors, ‘have inherited this house of white supremacy, built by their forebears and willed to them’. ...
Let’s be clear about what is happening here: this is an effort to establish racial collective guilt for the murderous suffocation of George Floyd. There are two problems with this approach. The first is that collective guilt on the basis of racial origin is always a wicked ideology to pursue. Whether it’s Jews being held collectively guilty of the alleged excesses of ‘rich Jews’ or blacks being collectively punished for the offences of individual black people, such racial extrapolation always leads to prejudice and suffering. There is a twisted irony in the fact that so many commentators and activists who pose as anti-racist are promoting the ideology of collective racial guilt in response to the killing of George Floyd.

Collective Guilt is a concept that needs to be shit-canned, whether the group thus tarred are "all police", "all whites", "all blacks", "all Jews", etc..
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline aligncare

Re: I did not kill George Floyd
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 08:24:24 pm »
Writing is superb, vivid, honest. Captures well the spreading psychopathy of the moment. A bracing read whether you’re black or white.

:thumbsup:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: I did not kill George Floyd
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 09:03:32 pm »
In fact some of my ancestors, for religious reasons sought to end slavery.

Baptists from New Brunswick Canada moved to Minnesota in 1856 (abolitionist)

Early Republican protestants from central New York state(early Republican was abolitionist)

Morrmons from Illinois and England (earliest Mormons was abolitionist)

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln