Author Topic: Esper and Milley refuse to testify about military's role in policing protests, source says  (Read 382 times)

rangerrebew

Esper and Milley refuse to testify about military's role in policing protests, source says
Zachary Cohen

By Zachary Cohen, CNN

Updated 7:25 PM ET, Sat June 6, 2020

(CNN)Defense Secretary Mark Esper and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley have refused to testify next week before the House Armed Services Committee regarding the military's role responding to protests triggered by the death of George Floyd, a Democratic congressional aide confirmed to CNN Friday.

An informal briefing for lawmakers by Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy was also canceled for Friday, the aide said.
Rep. Adam Smith, the Democratic chairman of the House panel, called on Esper and Milley to appear in person before the committee "to explain this domestic engagement to the American people" this week, emphasizing that "the fate of our democracy depends on how we navigate this time of crisis."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/05/politics/esper-milley-refuse-to-testify-house-armed-services-committee/index.html

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So, NOW Esper decides to STFU.  Convenient.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Can't say as I blame them. It's nothing more than a setup. The media aren't there to ask questions and learn,they are there to attack and accuse.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Can't say as I blame them. It's nothing more than a setup. The media aren't there to ask questions and learn,they are there to attack and accuse.

Esper is a confirmed anti-Trumper.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
So, NOW Esper decides to STFU.  Convenient.

My uncle served several tous in Vietnam 50s-60s. I learned that officers are supposed to be non-political

It has changed.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Esper is a confirmed anti-Trumper.

He's against his own troops, frankly.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He's against his own troops, frankly.

Agreed.  Sending them into the DeeCee streets without helmets or weapons tells us that, never mind the public bad-mouthing Trump.  He directly countermanded specific orders from the CiC.  If I were Trump, Esper wouldn't get the opportunity to resign.
I will NOT comply.