Author Topic: Fort Drum combat medic puts advanced education to work in Guthrie pharmacy  (Read 209 times)

rangerrebew

Fort Drum combat medic puts advanced education to work in Guthrie pharmacy

Story by Warren Wright

FORT DRUM, New York – The Soldiers who make up the U.S. Army derive from multiple backgrounds, cultures, demographics and education. Some join the Army straight out of high school, while others wait until later in life after spending time in the workforce or college. And some even join after completing advanced degrees, creating a team of diverse talent and extensive expertise.

At first glance, many would be surprised to learn about the educational background of even the most junior of enlisted Soldiers. Such is the case of Spc. Jihoon Jeong, a combat medic in the 10th Mountain Division's 2nd Brigade Combat Team “Commandos.” Unlike many of his comrades, Jeong entered the Army after completing a doctor of pharmacy degree.

"After graduating, I was looking for a job," Jeong said. "Since I didn't have citizenship at the time, I couldn't get any of the residency spots which I needed to qualify as a clinical pharmacist."

https://www.dvidshub.net/news/371483/fort-drum-combat-medic-puts-advanced-education-work-guthrie-pharmacy