Author Topic: Defense Secretary Mark Esper Orders National Guard in D.C. to Disarm, Wear Soft Caps Instead of Helm  (Read 428 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kristina Wong 6 Jun 2020

Defense Secretary Mark Esper on Friday ordered National Guard troops in Washington, DC, to disarm and wear soft caps instead of helmets, an official told Breitbart News on Friday afternoon.

The official said the president told Attorney General Bill Barr that he wanted the National Guard to be armed so that they could protect themselves from rioters and looters coming in to the city, but Esper on his own told the D.C. National Guard leadership to take the weapons of National Guardsmen who were coming in from other states.

“He’s not really on board with what the president is trying to do,” the official said.

The official said Esper also on his own directed the National Guard in D.C. to wear soft caps instead of helmets. Breitbart News queried the Pentagon chief spokesman Jonathan Hoffman on Friday afternoon, but he did not respond by deadline.

Photos on social media showed National Guardsmen in D.C. wearing soft caps:

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/06/06/defense-secretary-mark-esper-orders-national-guard-in-d-c-to-disarm-wear-soft-caps-instead-of-helmets/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I hate to see the fallout but Trump needs to fire Esper..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

There's a lot of things that Trump needs to be doing ... waiting patiently ... but him waiting would seem to indicate that he's walking things he said he would do, back. Not good.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Slide Rule

Not fire Esper, but to accept Esper's public resignation.

If that doesn't get the proper response, fire his ass.
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Blatant insubordination. Demand his resignation and fire him if he doesn't submit.
The Republic is lost.

Offline EdinVA

There's a lot of things that Trump needs to be doing ... waiting patiently ... but him waiting would seem to indicate that he's walking things he said he would do, back. Not good.

Well, he's kinda got his hands full right now....

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I'm afraid so.  Esper just kicked the insubordination up a notch by endangering the lives of the Guardsmen sent into DeeCee.  If this story pans out (with a named "official"), there should be no further delay.  He should be ordered to resign, and if he refuses that will be the last act of his insubordination. 

Fire his ass.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@mystery-ak

He has no choice now that Esper is publicly refusing to follow his orders.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!