Author Topic: Let's start a petition to remove the broadcast rights of NBC,CBS,ABC,and CNN  (Read 964 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
There MUST be minimum standards to be met to obtain and retain the license to broadcast news in America,and I find it impossible to believe that purposely broadcasting propaganda and partisan spin is legal.

It is now getting so obvious that Stevie Wonder has to wear shades to look at it. Upchuck Todd was on NBC this morning LITERALLY feeding his "guests" (hired actors reading scripts) lines to agree with and asking them "Don't you agree that.......".

We MUST put a stop to this while we still have a free country to protect.

Anybody know how to go about this,and have the ability to get it started?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
An interesting question.  The only authority who could do something like that would be the Federal Communications Commission, and they can only control the licenses of the network Owned and Operated TV and Radio stations, not the networks themselves.  CNN, MSNBC and FNC have no controlling authority at all, other than what cable providers are willing to carry.

So, how could licensing speech be accomplished without running afoul of the 1st Amendment?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
An interesting question.  The only authority who could do something like that would be the Federal Communications Commission, and they can only control the licenses of the network Owned and Operated TV and Radio stations, not the networks themselves.  CNN, MSNBC and FNC have no controlling authority at all, other than what cable providers are willing to carry.

@Cyber Liberty

I had never even considered that as a factor. It does add a level of complexity,doesn't it?

So, how could licensing speech be accomplished without running afoul of the 1st Amendment?

NO ONE,not even an artificial person such as a corporation,has a 1st Amendment Right to lie or slander,or to conspire to lie or slander.

I am sure a few subpoenas to seize  "work notes and other material" from a few weekly broadcasts would be more than enough proof to both win over the public and to secure guilty pleas.

Of course,this is dependent of who is sitting on the Supreme Court and agreeing or not agreeing to see cases.

It could be a VERY lucrative move to make for any law firm with the stones to make the move,though.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
When these sorts of thing are proposed, I always ask myself how the precedent set will be applied by any future administration. What can be used to suppress left views and opinions or even biased reporting now, will certainly be used to suppress right views and opinions or even biased reporting in the future.

In other words, a very, very, very bad idea.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
When these sorts of thing are proposed, I always ask myself how the precedent set will be applied by any future administration.
What can be used to suppress left views
and opinions or even biased reporting now, will certainly be used to suppress right views and opinions or even biased reporting in the future.

@Neverdul

They are MUCH more than "leftist pov's". They are TREASONOUS POV's.

Last time I checked it was a felony to plan or attempt to overthrow the USA.

In other words, a very, very, very bad idea.

No,a necessary act to preserve America.

Online libertybele

There MUST be minimum standards to be met to obtain and retain the license to broadcast news in America,and I find it impossible to believe that purposely broadcasting propaganda and partisan spin is legal.

It is now getting so obvious that Stevie Wonder has to wear shades to look at it. Upchuck Todd was on NBC this morning LITERALLY feeding his "guests" (hired actors reading scripts) lines to agree with and asking them "Don't you agree that.......".

We MUST put a stop to this while we still have a free country to protect.

Anybody know how to go about this,and have the ability to get it started?

Well, consider that Soros is considered a "media mogul" and has billions...most media outlets (if you follow the money) are owned or have CEO's that are liberals.

With that in mind, IMHO you aren't going to change the liberal domination of the media; that's their ace in the hole.  The only thing we can do is to refuse to watch the major networks. That's about it.  One huge reason I seldom watch TV, I get tired of the lies and manipulation that they continue to feed to the public.

I know a lot of you in here aren't fans of Glenn Beck...but I do listen to him and enjoy "The Blaze", his tv program.  He's thought of as always wearing a tin foil hat; but if you look back at his "predictions" many have come true.  He does quite a bit of research before he presents his opinion on issues.  I find him to not be believable, but honest. 

I prefer to listen to his program and to support his show rather than trying to stop the domination of the liberal media run by wealthy billionaires like Soros, which is next to impossible.  The more we tune in to and listen to Beck and the less we tune in to the liberal media entities the better. 

I think there is going to be a time when we won't have the opportunity to listen to people like Beck --- the liberals will try to shut him down, just like they did Bill O'Reilly/O'Reilly Factor -- who by the way is a frequent guest on Beck's program.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Let's not. We wouldn't like it if it was done to us.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Let's not. We wouldn't like it if it was done to us.
@Weird Tolkienish Figure

How and WHY would it be "done to us"?

WE are the ones that believe in freedom and individual rights,remember?

• Technical
@Weird Tolkienish Figure

How and WHY would it be "done to us"?

Because we're "racist" and "promote guns" and we're not woke. The usual reasons.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Because we're "racist" and "promote guns" and we're not woke. The usual reasons.

Yes, the "reasons" are already well-established.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline dfwgator

We need to break up the large media conglomerates.

• Technical

Nah, we just need alternatives.

Online libertybele

Ok., but again, the media conglomerates are owned by extremely wealthy LIBERAL PROGRESSIVE individuals or run by wealthy liberal progressive CEO's., so how do you propose to break them up??  That would be like trying to break up Amazon, Facebook, etc., only on an even larger scale.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Ok., but again, the media conglomerates are owned by extremely wealthy LIBERAL PROGRESSIVE individuals or run by wealthy liberal progressive CEO's., so how do you propose to break them up??  That would be like trying to break up Amazon, Facebook, etc., only on an even larger scale.

Breakups of Twitter, Google and Bookface are becoming more likely by the day as it becomes apparent they are trying to rig the election for the Rats, each in their own way.  Nailing them as Publishers as opposed to mere "platforms" is a good first step.  They crossed that line when they started "fact-checking" everything said by conservatives, when in reality they are "opinion-checking" and calling it fact-checking.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't know how many of you watch the Sunday NBC political show,but last week Upchuck Todd was actually "asking questions" like "Don't you think it's true that Trump......" and filling in the blanks with what he wanted them to say,and the radical leftists had been well-briefed and agreeing with him.

AND.....he was advocating insurrection.