Author Topic: Dallas Police Dept. implements ‘duty to intervene’ policy  (Read 549 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 10:30 AM PT — Sunday, June 7, 2020

The chief of police in Dallas has announced a new policy to expand officer accountability. Chief Renee Hall implemented the ‘duty to intervene’ policy on Thursday, which encourages department members to intervene when fellow officers are using excessive force.

Protesters across the country have been calling for dramatic police reform in the wake of George Floyd’s death. Many demonstrators have criticized the officers who didn’t intervene during the altercation.

However, some have said a policy change will not be enough to truly make a difference in police brutality.

“After reviewing thousands of policies in my 22-year career as a criminologist, I can tell you that policies are only as good as they are enforced,” stated criminologist Alex Del Carmen.

more
https://www.oann.com/dallas-police-dept-implements-duty-to-intervene-policy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
On its surface, it sounds like a good policy.  It's the logical extension of the Honor Code that starts off with "I will never lie..." and finishes with "...and I won't tolerate those who do."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

On its surface, it sounds like a good policy.  It's the logical extension of the Honor Code that starts off with "I will never lie..." and finishes with "...and I won't tolerate those who do."
I smell a RAT.

Like so many things like the many saying falsehoods they were raped, this can bring out the absolute worst in some people.

If a policy like this is implemented, it is necessary to dole out similar punishment to those who spread falsehoods as those who are actually guilty.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I smell a RAT.

Like so many things like the many saying falsehoods they were raped, this can bring out the absolute worst in some people.

If a policy like this is implemented, it is necessary to dole out similar punishment to those who spread falsehoods as those who are actually guilty.

Absolutely true right there.  A malicious accusation should be rewarded with the same punishment being asked for.  If a man or woman falsely claims a rape, he/she needs to spend years in the slammer.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
This policy might have saved the life of white, mentally ill Kelly Thomas, in Fullerton CA.

Killed by police, who were found not guilty by a jury.

I watched the entire video, and at no time did Kelly present a threat to the police. They simply meted out punishment.

Had one been trained he had to stop it, he likely would have lived.

Kelly's father was retired LEO

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln