Author Topic: Drew Brees Should Indeed Apologize, to All of Us Who Believed He Had a Spine  (Read 206 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Drew Brees Should Indeed Apologize, to All of Us Who Believed He Had a Spine
Mark Davis

Posted: Jun 05, 2020 12:01 AM

Wednesday was an opportunity for all of us who have admired Drew Brees to be reminded of his strength of character, that he is not just an all-time great quarterback but a stellar human being, guided by strong principles.

Thursday, those principles went out the window.

Let’s move chronologically. He was asked in an interview about the possibility of the return of sideline national anthem protests in the 2020 NFL season, in view of heightened sensitivities following the death of George Floyd. I offer his answer in its entirety:

“I will never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States of America or our country. Let me just tell you what I see or what I feel when the national anthem is played or when I look at the flag of the United States: I envision my two grandfathers who fought for this country during World War II, one in the army and one of the Marine Corps, both risking their lives to protect our country, and to try to make our country and this world a better place."

“So every time I stand with my hand over my heart looking at that flag and singing the national anthem that’s what I think about. In many cases it brings me to tears, thinking about not just those in the military but for that matter, those throughout the civil rights movements of the Sixties and everyone, and all that has been endured by so many people up until this point.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/markdavis/2020/06/05/drew-brees-should-indeed-apologize-to-all-of-us-who-believed-he-had-a-spine-n2570094
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Slide Rule

If Drew Brees couldn't stand by something heartfelt, they why would he say it?

Does he have confidence in his management, his team, or his family?

Drew Brees has broadcast to the world his supplicant status.

And just saying it then will not protect him from a career ending injury.
Kind of like a Clinton planned suicide.

Drew should walk away now while he has his health.

Before you speak again, grow a pair.

On the way out he could say fvck you, or not.

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
If Drew Brees couldn't stand by something heartfelt, they why would he say it?

Like I said on another thread, I think Brees caved.  OTOH, next season he would have had a DL, LB bounty on his head and /or one of his own OL might have blown a blockage coverage and risked a career ending injury.  He pretty much was in a no-win scenario.

But yes, am disappointed in him, he shouldlhave kept his mouth shut in the first place.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 01:33:10 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EdinVA

Had not watched any NFL since the kneeling started but did watch a couple of games last year as it appeared to have been resolved.
Brees stirred the pot again so I guess all done with the NFL.... It won't be long before it is just another amateur hour.