Author Topic: Trump hits John Kelly for defense of Jim Mattis  (Read 260 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Trump hits John Kelly for defense of Jim Mattis
« on: June 05, 2020, 02:20:42 am »
Trump hits John Kelly for defense of Jim Mattis
By Marty Johnson - 06/04/20 08:41 PM EDT

President Trump Thursday evening slammed John Kelly, his former chief of staff, for defending James Mattis, his former Defense secretary, after Mattis criticized the president for his response to the nationwide protests.

"John Kelly didn’t know I was going to fire James Mattis, nor did he have any knowledge of my asking for a letter of resignation," he tweeted, saying that Kelly, who stepped down from his role as the president's chief of staff in 2018, wasn't part of Trump's "inner-circle," by that point.

Kelly earlier on Thursday refuted Trump's claim that he had fired Mattis from his post in 2018, telling The Washington Post “[t]he president did not fire him. He did not ask for his resignation."

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/501271-trump-hits-john-kelly-for-defense-of-jim-mattis
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Trump hits John Kelly for defense of Jim Mattis
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 02:55:16 am »
 under the bus888