Author Topic: George W. Bush Calls George Floyd’s Death, Harassment A “Shocking Failure” In Open Letter; Donald Tr  (Read 580 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Politics
George W. Bush Calls George Floyd’s Death, Harassment A “Shocking Failure” In Open Letter; Donald Trump Fires Back
Tom Tapp
DeadlineJune 2, 2020, 4:08 PM PDT

“It remains a shocking failure that many African Americans, especially young African American men, are harassed and threatened in their own country,” continued the former president.

Bush then stated that protests are “a strength” of America, before offering criticism of those opposing them.

“Those who set out to silence those voices do not understand the meaning of America,” said the president, “or how it becomes a better place.”
“America’s greatest challenge,” Bush continued, “has long been to unite people of very different backgrounds into a single nation of justice and opportunity. The doctrine and habits of racial superiority, which once nearly split our country, still threaten our Union. The answers to American problems are found by living up to American ideals.”

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/entertainment/george-w-bush-calls-george-230818452.html
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Bush continued, “has long been to unite people of very different backgrounds into a single nation of justice and opportunity.

I heard a protester talk about Dr. Martin Luther King today.  I find it sad that the dream was never achieved.  Much on the part of the African American people embracing leftist government who's only goal is to keep the race baiting alive and well.

Well this is one thing Bush says that rings true.  Its so apparent that much of the protesters have broken all race barriers to come out in the common interest of human decency.  Yet they are smeared by those who have an agenda to paint them all as law breakers.  Farthest thing from the truth.  Yes there is a criminal element but please, please be honest.  Its a few in the sea of the many and its quite impressive actually.  Whites, blacks, Hispanics, Asian.  Young and old all coming together to condemn racism. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline PeteS in CA

1. Where is the evidence that Trump was responding to GWB?

2. This is "Firing Back"?

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump
My Admin has done more for the Black Community than any President since Abraham Lincoln. Passed Opportunity Zones with @SenatorTimScott, guaranteed funding for HBCU’s, School Choice, passed Criminal Justice Reform, lowest Black unemployment, poverty, and crime rates in history…

*****rollingeyes*****  *****rollingeyes*****  *****rollingeyes*****  *****rollingeyes*****  *****rollingeyes*****
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DB

Bush continued, “has long been to unite people of very different backgrounds into a single nation of justice and opportunity.

I heard a protester talk about Dr. Martin Luther King today.  I find it sad that the dream was never achieved.  Much on the part of the African American people embracing leftist government who's only goal is to keep the race baiting alive and well.

Well this is one thing Bush says that rings true.  Its so apparent that much of the protesters have broken all race barriers to come out in the common interest of human decency.  Yet they are smeared by those who have an agenda to paint them all as law breakers.  Farthest thing from the truth.  Yes there is a criminal element but please, please be honest.  Its a few in the sea of the many and its quite impressive actually.  Whites, blacks, Hispanics, Asian.  Young and old all coming together to condemn racism.

Bullshit. The "protesters" are supporting a lie. A dangerous lie. A lie that will cost many more lives and cause much more economic damage. Sheep to the slaughter.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
1. Where is the evidence that Trump was responding to GWB?

2. This is "Firing Back"?

*****rollingeyes*****  *****rollingeyes*****  *****rollingeyes*****  *****rollingeyes*****  *****rollingeyes*****

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump
My Admin has done more for the Black Community than any President since Abraham Lincoln

Please Mr. President, please stop making stupid comments like these!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 07:29:03 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump
My Admin has done more for the Black Community than any President since Abraham Lincoln

Please Mr. President, please making stupid comments like these!!!!!!!

@catfish1957   Here's the President's full tweet (sent during an election year)

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

My Admin has done more for the Black Community than any President since Abraham Lincoln. Passed Opportunity Zones with @SenatorTimScott, guaranteed funding for HBCU’s, School Choice, passed Criminal Justice Reform, lowest Black unemployment, poverty, and crime rates in history…

...AND THE BEST IS YET TO COME!

2:27 PM · Jun 2, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1267885675338219520

« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 05:44:20 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@catfish1957   Here's the President's full tweet (sent during an election year)  W did nothing, but he was an equal opportunity disaster.  W is just coordinating with his "Republicans Against Trump" group.  Bitter little man.

I agree there, but two wrongs don't make a right.  I am like you in the fact that I want Trump to win this November.  The alternative will be  a disaster.  I also like that he has the ability to reach the public unfiltered via Twitter.  OTOH, would it be too much to ask that his masses give him feedback that there are better ways to convey these messages. 

I really really want to be able to actively support this POTUS moving forward, but I am getting permanent facial indentions from the daily face palming.   
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

Politics
George W. Bush Calls George Floyd’s Death, Harassment A “Shocking Failure” In Open Letter; Donald Trump Fires Back
Tom Tapp
DeadlineJune 2, 2020, 4:08 PM PDT

“It remains a shocking failure that many African Americans, especially young African American men, are harassed and threatened in their own country,” continued the former president.

This is what happens when you put Democrats in charge.  All this violence could have been averted had the Minneapolis DA charged the officers on the first day instead of doing what they typically do when a black person suffers at the hands of Minneapolis police - absolutely nothing.

This isn't a national issue.  It is a Democrat issue.  They own it at every level.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
This is what happens when you put Democrats in charge.  All this violence could have been averted had the Minneapolis DA charged the officers on the first day instead of doing what they typically do when a black person suffers at the hands of Minneapolis police - absolutely nothing.

This isn't a national issue.  It is a Democrat issue.  They own it at every level.

Plus I think W, and family have been hanging around the Obamas too much.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

He noted further that then-President George H. W. Bush “used the military to support the police in Los Angeles after the Rodney King verdict. The Insurrection Act has been used, but has been sparingly used,” Graham continued, referencing the U.S. statute that gives presidents the authority to deploy American forces domestically when certain civil conditions exist.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/06/04/lindsey-graham-fires-back-at-gen-mattis-criticism-of-trump-youre-missing-something-930027

Paging 43 .... please pick up the white courtesy phone.

Offline Absalom

Donald J. Trump
Please Mr. President, please making stupid comments like these!!!!!!!
-------------------------------
A plantive cry that sadly, will be ignored.
It should be plain to all but the Fan Club that Trump's
inner circle of advisors consists of Family and personal
Friends; shrinking as the days pass.