Author Topic: Mattis denounces Trump in blistering statement on protests  (Read 6343 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Mattis denounces Trump in blistering statement on protests
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2020, 02:32:44 pm »
@Chosen Daughter

One of the news people said the Bible was upside down when he stopped moving it for the picture.

It was absolutely ridiculous.  He looked like he was straining to even touch it.  His face was very awkward also.  He looked as phony as he is.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2020, 02:33:44 pm »
Chosen daughter’s knee must hurt from kneeling before blm.

Oh yes, just because I don't go along with Trump and his faker Christianity.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2020, 02:35:15 pm »

You apparently agree with Mattis with them then, don't you? I have many differences with Trump personally, on this one, I stand with him so far.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2020, 02:37:14 pm »
@Hoodat

The Pentagon ordered active-duty military police from the XVIII Airborne Corps at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, to the D.C. area to await a request to assist with the Guard response, but so far U.S. Army officials have remained tight-lipped about the deployment.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/06/02/heres-what-you-need-know-about-pentagons-riot-response-and-martial-law.html

THE ABOVE IS WHAT I SAW IN WASHINGTON - MILITARY TROOP CARRIERS WITH SOLDIERS IN THEM.  See, I was right as usual.   333cleo
@Hoodat thanks for your posts.

This from the Hill too

“The military moved them back. I guess they just reported there were no, what do you call them, the rubber bullets. There was none of that used,” Trump said in the interview, which was taped Wednesday morning.

“They just moved them back. They didn’t know until just shortly before that I was going there. Somebody suggested. I said, 'Let’s go. Let’s walk.' And we walked from the White House, and I think everything was handled very well,” Trump said. “Religious leaders loved it.”

Trump has been criticized by religious leaders in Washington as well as by Democrats and some Republicans for staging the photo-op at St. John’s after protesters were forcibly cleared from the surrounding area of Lafayette Square. Widespread reports said that officers used chemical agents and rubber bullets in order to clear demonstrators.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/501047-trump-says-removal-of-protesters-handled-very-well

I don't believe reports there was no tear gas or rubber bullets. I saw the evidence.  A woman with red swelling around her eyes and a rubber bullet spot on her face.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2020, 02:38:23 pm »

I’m usually first to dismiss the idea that of one of our members might be a leftist pretending to be a conservative, who’s just offering up a different point of view. But not so with this one. She is a dishonest provocateur, a liar, stirring up shit, spreading disinformation and discord. She deserves only to be snubbed.

Versus just listening to you and your group saying Trump is great ,Trump is good 24/7, 100% of the time?

No thanks.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2020, 04:39:02 pm »
@Hoodat

You must have slept through the 60's.

@sneakypete

What did I miss?  Lots of actions with National Guard troops.  But not seeing any regular active duty US military units.  Maybe I am missing something.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2020, 04:42:20 pm »
Versus just listening to you and your group saying Trump is great ,Trump is good 24/7, 100% of the time?

No thanks.
@catfish1957
It only seems like that because the slander is 24/7

Offline aligncare

« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2020, 04:51:28 pm »
@catfish1957

Quiet, you. You’re supposed suppress your support for our president. No defense necessary lest you be thought a mindless sycophant.

Just a small correction, though. It’s 24/7/365 x 4. Just to be accurate about the length and breadth of the coordinated attacks on our republican president.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2020, 05:02:51 pm »
@catfish1957

The slander really pisses me off because it forces me to defend him.  Trump makes enough mistakes every day to call him on.  Yet these people are too lazy to do their homework and instead make up lies about what Trump did.  And then when the actual truth is presented to them, they just move on to the next lie with zero acknowledgement that their previous claims were untrue.

It is precisely because of these relentless false attacks that I will be voting for Trump in November.  Didn't do it last time.  But seeing now how much liberals and establishment types hate him and are so willing to accuse him falsely, I know he must be doing something right.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DB

« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2020, 05:09:16 pm »
The slander really pisses me off because it forces me to defend him.  Trump makes enough mistakes every day to call him on.  Yet these people are too lazy to do their homework and instead make up lies about what Trump did.  And then when the actual truth is presented to them, they just move on to the next lie with zero acknowledgement that their previous claims were untrue.

It is precisely because of these relentless false attacks that I will be voting for Trump in November.  Didn't do it last time.  But seeing now how much liberals and establishment types hate him and are so willing to accuse him falsely, I know he must be doing something right.

I prefer to vote FOR a candidate for what they do that is right and not based on what their enemies do that is wrong. We're screwed and getting more so daily. This is not the path to redemption.

Offline conservativevoter

« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2020, 05:17:23 pm »
Where was it Mattis came from?  George Soro's closet?  Does Anyone have proof of the allegations made by former military commanders?  Why is it so devastating to you that President Trump should carry a BIBLE while walking to a church?  Promoting peace and prayer, is it not?  Just like Obama, Bush, and Clinton did during their terms.  Or wanted to do.

How disgusting that people would even THINK this!!!   :patriot:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2020, 05:18:29 pm »
One of the most powerful tools the media has is the power to ignore.

President Trump has made so many inroads on issues that never see the light of day. Unsexy issues. Issues that matter to our basic freedoms and to our every day lives and futures.

Too bad his critics only focus on Trump’s style and not the substance of what he quietly has accomplished for America.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2020, 05:19:12 pm »
This is not the path to redemption.

There is no path to redemption when liars are empowered.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2020, 05:24:32 pm »

I'll admit it - I've grown to love the guy, warts and all.

Not because he's done everything right. Because, in spite of the silly braggadocio, he is the closest thing to a truth teller I've seen in the white house in 40 years. And hell, I'm getting 70% of what I want.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2020, 05:29:46 pm »
Why is it so devastating to you that President Trump should carry a BIBLE while walking to a church?

Think how bad it would have been if Trump had tried to heal someone on the Sabbath.

Luke 6:6-11

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2020, 05:34:11 pm »

How does Trump's "faker Christianity" differ from yours?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2020, 05:50:43 pm »

QFT
James 1:20

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2020, 06:09:43 pm »
@Chosen Daughter
is the only 'real Christian' on the board (according to her). Everyone else is a 'fake Christian' and a 'fake Republican'. Only CD is authentic and is purified by 'right think'.
If only, if only...I could be more like CD, correct in everything I think, say, and do. Then I too could be the perfect human being. But alas, my sins are too deep. Trump's sins are too deep to accept repentance.

We are all, all of us, doomed to be imperfect for the rest of our lives.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #93 on: June 04, 2020, 06:15:39 pm »
Quiet, you. You’re supposed suppress your support for our president. No defense necessary lest you be thought a mindless sycophant.

Just a small correction, though. It’s 24/7/365 x 4. Just to be accurate about the length and breadth of the coordinated attacks on our republican president.

Trump is just a man, nothing more and nothing less.
He has strengths and weaknesses, as we all do.
I applaud his strengths and cringe his weaknesses, just like I do with my friends, kids and family....
Expecting perfection is nothing but a fools errand...

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #94 on: June 04, 2020, 06:18:18 pm »
Trump is just a man, nothing more and nothing less.
He has strengths and weaknesses, as we all do.
I applaud his strengths and cringe his weaknesses, just like I do with my friends, kids and family....
Expecting perfection is nothing but a fools errand...

You and I think a lot alike.  But though perfection is not achievable, we need better from DJT.  The margin of error is too small this fall.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2020, 06:43:52 pm »
t
@sneakypete

What did I miss?  Lots of actions with National Guard troops.  But not seeing any regular active duty US military units.  Maybe I am missing something.

@Hoodat

Well,the 101st went to Alabama in the early 60's for the school desegregation party,and either they or the 82nd went to Detroit and Chicago in the late 60's,and the 82nd went to  DC during the 68 election.

I am sure there were others,but I can't remember them now.

I remember the 82nd going to DC during what,IIRC,was called "The Days of Rage" in 68 VERY well because I happened to be at Bragg between Asian tours at that time,and I remember being given strict orders to NOT participate in the training/evaluation exercise they conducted before sending the 82nd and a SF group to DC.

Some numbnuts decided it would be a good idea to use "Green Berets" for riot control duty,so they set up an exercise with Poohbahs from DC as judges. They designated one SF Group to be the rioters,and another SF Group to be the Riot Control soldiers.

What could Possibly go wrong with a plan like that,right?

I remember this well because I was given strict orders to NOT participate for some reason,so I just wore civilian clothes and wandered around to watch the fun.

Before the first day ended,two SF Officers went to the basic training area where the trainees were on lock-down in their barracks,and gave anti-war speeches and lecturers. Being SF officers,they came well-prepared,with projectors and news film footage.

The end result is at least one basic training company rioted,and by the end of the day there were barracks and overturned MP cars burning.

I remember seeing SF troops in "riot wedge" formations,designed to drive protesters off and break them up,with Sergeant-Majors behind the wedge giving orders. Most of all,I remember the SF "rioters" doing stuff like throwing dog turds in their faces,one of which hit a SGM in the face,and seeing him break through the wedge and trying to chase down the guy that threw it with,and stick him with the unsheathed bayonet on his M-16.

It was said that by noon Womack Army Hospital was overflowing with wounded patients,and sending soldiers out to civilian hospitals for treatment.

Pretty much everybody involved in that training mission had a ball,except for the geniuses that came up with that brain fart. Using SF troops for riot control was never even suggested again,never mind tried.

I am STILL a little pissed about those two SF officers being forced to resign over starting the riot,though. If you don't want realistic training,don't suggest to professionals that you want it realistic.

I miss being young.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 06:47:50 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2020, 06:50:06 pm »
How does Trump's "faker Christianity" differ from yours?

@Hoodat

HER "fake Christianity" is better.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2020, 06:56:28 pm »

Lindsey Graham fires back at Gen. Mattis’ criticism of Trump: ‘You’re missing something here, my friend’
June 4, 2020 | Jon Dougherty

South Carolina Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham defended President Donald Trump’s threat to use the active-duty military if necessary to quell ongoing riots in several cities, pushing back against criticism from former Defense Secretary James Mattis that doing so would be unnecessary and divisive.

In a column for the Left-leaning magazine The Atlantic, Mattis, a retired four-star Marine general criticized what he called the “militarization” of Washington, D.C., and the president’s alleged “abuse of executive authority” in dealing with the rioting that began following the death of George Floyd at the hands of Minneapolis police.

“Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us,” Mattis, who was asked to leave his post in late 2018 after disagreeing with Trump over withdrawing forces from the Middle East, wrote.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/06/04/lindsey-graham-fires-back-at-gen-mattis-criticism-of-trump-youre-missing-something-930027
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2020, 07:07:15 pm »
FTA

He noted further that then-President George H. W. Bush “used the military to support the police in Los Angeles after the Rodney King verdict. The Insurrection Act has been used, but has been sparingly used,” Graham continued, referencing the U.S. statute that gives presidents the authority to deploy American forces domestically when certain civil conditions exist.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/06/04/lindsey-graham-fires-back-at-gen-mattis-criticism-of-trump-youre-missing-something-930027

Paging 43 .... please pick up the white courtesy phone.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 07:08:17 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2020, 07:13:16 pm »
FTA

Paging 43 .... please pick up the white courtesy phone.

We are living in a perpetual double standard world now.  All I am saying is that if you are white and well off, you have a target on your back  for the rest of your life.