Author Topic: EXPERIMENT: Does Eating Ginger Candy Prevent Drunkenness?  (Read 909 times)

Offline pjcomix

• DUmmie FUnnies YouTube Channel
EXPERIMENT: Does Eating Ginger Candy Prevent Drunkenness?
« on: May 10, 2020, 02:13:14 pm »
Eating ginger candy definitely prevents seasickness. I learned that on a recent cruise. However, on the same cruise I noticed that I never felt drunk despite drinking heavily. So I got to wondering whether eating ginger candy will prevent drunkenness.

On May 5, I decided to test this idea out by eating ginger candy followed by drinking 375 ml of Tequila straight. What you see in this video is my participation in this experiment plus the result of that investigation.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
DUmmie FUnnies YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/dummiefunnies

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: EXPERIMENT: Does Eating Ginger Candy Prevent Drunkenness?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 02:29:15 pm »
What an odd post? LOL!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline pjcomix

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 05:00:50 pm »
What an odd post? LOL!

It won't be so "odd" if you keep your next cruise from being ruined by seasickness by eating ginger candy. That actually does work.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 09:08:18 pm »
It won't be so "odd" if you keep your next cruise from being ruined by seasickness by eating ginger candy. That actually does work.

It's Science!  Thanks for posting this!

ETA:  I watched this to the end, through the Post Script.  LOL!  FAIL! :rolling:
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 09:40:29 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline pjcomix

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 04:25:19 pm »
It's Science!  Thanks for posting this!

ETA:  I watched this to the end, through the Post Script.  LOL!  FAIL! :rolling:

Like they say, you never really think you're drunk when you are drunk. It took me about a half hour after the video to realize that I was really drunk. BTW, other than being more thirsty than normal later, I suffered no ill side effects so perhaps it is a good idea to take ginger before heavy drinking. After all, ginger tea is recommended for hangovers so perhaps ginger is also a hangover preventer.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2020, 04:45:20 pm »
@pjcomix
I have Ginger Tea and Candy on order based on your post.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2020, 04:47:14 pm »
Like they say, you never really think you're drunk when you are drunk. It took me about a half hour after the video to realize that I was really drunk. BTW, other than being more thirsty than normal later, I suffered no ill side effects so perhaps it is a good idea to take ginger before heavy drinking. After all, ginger tea is recommended for hangovers so perhaps ginger is also a hangover preventer.

It was a sound experiment, even if it didn't prove your hypothesis.  And the hangover part is good to know, because the raunchiest hangovers are the results of drinking Tequila or Gin.  That is a very good thing to know, that Ginger does really help with hangovers.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2020, 02:43:52 pm »
@pjcomix

Pukka Organic Three Ginger Tea | Holland & Barrett
Just got back from shopping with this in the bag. Ginger, Galangal, and Golden Turmeric.
Seems like a witch's brew to me, all that's missing is eye of newt. But still, based on your recommendation I'll give it a try the next time I am nauseous or have a hangover. We shall see. I'll let you know PJ. We'll keep in touch. 
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 02:53:04 pm by 240B »

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2020, 08:05:10 pm »
Just had two cups of @pjcomix famous ginger tea cure.
Enjoyed it very much. It was delicious.
I personally did not notice any effect on my hangover, but will buy it again.
It's good stuff, just for a refreshing drink.

Offline pjcomix

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2020, 05:24:06 pm »
It will definitely prevent seasickness.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2020, 06:52:17 pm »
Even as I post this, I am enjoying a @pjcomix ginger tea drink. And it is muy delicioso.
Been drinking it everyday since your post. It changed my tea habit completely.
The way I like it is half and half. Half normal black tea, and half ginger with a drop of lemon.
Think it will be like this for the rest of my life. Again, thank you for turning me on to this.
Computer: Tea! Blend 240! Hot!