Author Topic: Harvard study finds black people die as a result of police pulling back after brutality protests  (Read 235 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

https://justthenews.com/government/security/harvard-study-finds-black-people-die-result-police-pullbacks-following

Harvard study finds black people die as a result of police pulling back after brutality protests
By Carrie Sheffield
Last Updated: June 3, 2020 - 10:47am
An upcoming study by Harvard economists found that many more black Americans die as a result of police drawdowns following high-profile, police brutality protests.
Fryer told Riley that it wasn't the investigations themselves that are the problem so much as the circumstances under which they are launched. Fryer and Devi's research reportedly found that "investigations that weren’t prompted by well-publicized events resulted in little change in police behavior and violent crime."

“But when I look at cities in which the investigation was preceded by a viral event,” Fryer told Riley, “homicide goes up considerably. Total crime goes up considerably. ... My estimates show that we lost a thousand more lives, most of them black as well, because of an increase in homicides. ... I never would have guessed that if police stopped putting in the effort, that homicides would change like this. ... You hear some people say, ‘Oh, we want to police our own neighborhoods, get out.’ No, you don’t want that. I guess I always knew it was a foolish idea, but I didn’t realize it was this deadly.”

The "Ferguson Effect" quantified. This study sounds so un-PC that I would be unsurprised if it either gets yanked back by Harvard PTBs or languishes in some publication's Peer-Review Hell.

The bottom line is that when police officers "know" the effective policing is likely to be politicized and their lives destroyed, they police reactively rather than trying to prevent.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Anyone of us here could of told them that and saved them a lot of money.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline DB

Anyone of us here could of told them that and saved them a lot of money.

And lives. The narrative is more important than the truth.

Offline goatprairie

The most dangerous place for any black male under fifty to be is next to another black male. And it's not even close.