Author Topic: GoFundMe account for George Floyd's family raises more than $8 million  (Read 315 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GoFundMe account for George Floyd's family raises more than $8 million
By Rebecca Klar - 06/02/20 10:08 AM EDT

A GoFundMe fundraiser set up for the family of George Floyd, the black man who died in Minneapolis police custody last week has raised more than five times its $1.5 million goal.

The online fundraiser, started to cover the cost of a memorial service for Floyd, raised nearly $8.9 million as of Tuesday morning, just five days after it was set up by his brother, Philonise Floyd.

The fundraiser has collected donations from more than 338,000 donors.

All funds raised will be collected by the Floyd family and controlled and governed at Philonise Floyd’s discretion, according to the description on the page.

The fundraiser has been shared on social media, including by some celebrities such as Lin-Manuel Miranda.

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/500627-gofundme-account-for-george-floyds-family-raises-more-than-8
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mortarman

An' that sleaziod bambulance chaser Bennie Crump is still gonna bend their ears to sue the City of Minneapolis so that he can keep buyin' those $2000 Steve Harvey suits.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Left wing idiots wasting their money?  Works for me.....    :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Idiot

GoFundMe account for George Floyd's family raises more than $8 million
By Rebecca Klar - 06/02/20 10:08 AM EDT

A GoFundMe fundraiser set up for the family of George Floyd, the black man who died in Minneapolis police custody last week has raised more than five times its $1.5 million goal.

The online fundraiser, started to cover the cost of a memorial service for Floyd, raised nearly $8.9 million as of Tuesday morning, just five days after it was set up by his brother, Philonise Floyd.

The fundraiser has collected donations from more than 338,000 donors.

All funds raised will be collected by the Floyd family and controlled and governed at Philonise Floyd’s discretion, according to the description on the page.

The fundraiser has been shared on social media, including by some celebrities such as Lin-Manuel Miranda.

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/500627-gofundme-account-for-george-floyds-family-raises-more-than-8
Gonna be a heck of a send off for ole George.

Offline mortarman

Wonder jus' how much is going to pad the pockets of the bambulance chaser. $2000 Steve Harvey suits don't pay for themselves.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline Idiot

I got this email from GoFundMe today...

To our GoFundMe community
Over the last week, people across the country have stood up in the face of injustice and systemic racism plaguing the black community. We've seen an outpouring of global support on GoFundMe for George Floyd’s family, peaceful protesters demanding change, and organizations fighting for equality and accountability.

The issues people are voicing are deep-rooted and require meaningful change. We understand that to drive change we must get involved and take action. To help drive that change, today we’ve created the Justice & Equality Fund to support organizations and people that are dedicated to addressing both urgent needs and systemic problems. We have committed $500,000 to start the Fund, which will initially focus on bail, racial justice, and law enforcement reform.

Solving the deep, structural issues that have caused these nationwide protests will take empathy and dedication. We are committed to a sustained effort to create change and look forward to working with you to help our society become more equitable.

Tim

Offline mountaineer

No contributions for the murdered black cops, mind you. Their lives don't matter.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org