Author Topic: Ex-Joint Chiefs chairman condemns Trump's response to protesters: 'Our fellow citizens are not the e  (Read 325 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ex-Joint Chiefs chairman condemns Trump's response to protesters: 'Our fellow citizens are not the enemy'
By Zack Budryk - 06/02/20 06:55 PM EDT

Mike Mullen, the former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, condemned the use of tear gas on peaceful protesters in Washington, D.C.’s Lafayette Park Monday ahead of remarks by President Trump on the protests over the death of George Floyd.

“Whatever Trump's goal in conducting his visit, he laid bare his disdain for the rights of peaceful protest in this country, gave succor to the leaders of other countries who take comfort in our domestic strife, and risked further politicizing the men and women of our armed forces,” Mullen wrote in a column for The Atlantic.

“While no one should ever condone the violence, vandalism, and looting that has exploded across our city streets, neither should anyone lose sight of the larger and deeper concerns about institutional racism that have ignited this rage,” Mullen added.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/500799-ex-joint-chiefs-chairman-condemns-trumps-response-to-protesters-our
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Ex-Joint Chiefs chairman condemns Trump's response to protesters: 'Our fellow citizens are not the enemy'

This guy was qualified to hold the position he once had?
Amazin'...!!!!!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I would think more of him if he asked for a private talk with Trump, held it, kept quiet about it, and if Trump carefully considered the advice.

Putting the dirty linen out in public, turns it partisan and political, and the military is not supposed to do that.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I would think more of him if he asked for a private talk with Trump, held it, kept quiet about it, and if Trump carefully considered the advice.

Putting the dirty linen out in public, turns it partisan and political, and the military is not supposed to do that.

Trump consider it.  OK  *****rollingeyes*****
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline skeeter

Everything is political now. It’s all about squeezing out the interloper and getting those more deserving to lead - the club members - back in charge.

And PS if some ahole looters are kicking the hell out of me because I’m unhappy about them burning my business down I sure as hell am gonna consider them my enemy.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 03:24:12 am by skeeter »

Offline libertybele

Everything is political now. It’s all about squeezing out the interloper and getting those more deserving to lead - the club members - back in charge.

Very true.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.