Author Topic: Jane Fonda Says Even 'the Poorest' of White People Have Privilege: 'We Need to Recognize That'  (Read 771 times)

Offline Applewood

Jane Fonda Says Even 'the Poorest' of White People Have Privilege: 'We Need to Recognize That'

Fonda appeared on CNN on Sunday to discuss her own white privilege and how it affects people of color in America.

"Because we’re white, we have had privilege," Fonda, 82, said to host Don Lemon during her segment. "Even the poorest of us have had privilege. And we need to recognize that, and we have to understand what it is that keeps racism in place — the policies, redlining, banking policies, mortgage policies. All of the things that are really making it very, very difficult for Black people to lift themselves up. The policies have to be changed, and then white people have to understand the history that has led to this and we have to try to change within ourselves. And we have to get to know Black people...and we have to understand the reality that they live in, and we have to do it now.""

https://people.com/movies/jane-fonda-speaks-out-on-white-privilege-in-wake-of-george-floyds-death/

8bs8

Offline DB

So isn't that the very definition of racist?

That the color of your skin defines you?

MLK had exactly the opposite message.

Offline aligncare

Damn these people! How do they even get out of bed in the morning carrying around so much white guilt.

Well, she can unload a little of that guilt and leave this white guy out of it!  I’m Sicilian and ancient Sicily was a Muslim stronghold for about 200 years. My people were slaves, too. I carry no guilt for other people’s ancient hardships. Every American citizen has the same rights of citizenship; they can drive, work, have bank accounts, vote, get medical care. Enough with the guilt.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Damn these people! How do they even get out of bed in the morning carrying around so much white guilt.

Well, she can unload a little of that guilt and leave this white guy out of it!  I’m Sicilian and ancient Sicily was a Muslim stronghold for about 200 years. My people were slaves, too. I carry no guilt for other people’s ancient hardships. Every American citizen has the same rights of citizenship; they can drive, work, have bank accounts, vote, get medical care. Enough with the guilt.

Henry Fonda as talented of an actor that he was, may have been one of the worst parents of all time, spawning two POS of the magnitude. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

What would Jane Fonda know about being poor?  She has been wealthy her entire life.  Expensive private boarding schools.  Vassar.  Modelling in Paris as a teenager.  And finally, a movie career before she even turned 20.  And now she's acting out Marie Antoinette. 
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline andy58-in-nh

The Vietcong that she openly supported killed a lot of poor black soldiers. Did that make them more or less underprivileged?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline aligncare

What would Jane Fonda know about being poor?  She has been wealthy her entire life.  Expensive private boarding schools.  Vassar.  Modelling in Paris as a teenager.  And finally, a movie career before she even turned 20.  And now she's acting out Marie Antoinette.

There are plenty of talented, hardworking blacks in every career field who are way better off than I am and I don’t resent them their success in achieving the American Dream.

Offline LMAO

The Vietcong that she openly supported killed a lot of poor black soldiers. Did that make them more or less underprivileged?

The progressive left have a hierarchy of victimhood. This is based mostly on race. For example, a black perp shot by a white cop is the victim regardless of the facts.

It seems the darker the skin, the more the victim to the left.

But in this case, it's ideology. Since the Vietcong were communists, they have more value than Black soldiers in Vietnam

This is the progressive mindset. It's irrational to most but completely  logical to them
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 10:02:02 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline PeteS in CA

I reject that idea and I reject Hanoi Jane. Not that she would care or need to.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Jane Fonda Says Even 'the Poorest' of White People Have Privilege: 'We Need to Recognize That'

I assume she's speakin' from a life of personal experience...?

Offline roamer_1

I can testify it ain't any easier being poor white trash, redneck, or hillbilly. There ain't no privilege at all in that. Just as cursed. Just as looked-down-upon.

Online mountaineer

I'm tired of the whole white privilege thing. It's bigoted and prejudiced.

Just because my skin is lighter than someone else's, that necessarily means I was rewarded? May I tell you about the time I didn't get a job because, as the potential employer said, "We'd like to hire you, we were kind of looking for a black person"?

I celebrated my white privilege for days after that.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Hoodat

I have a dream that my children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

I have a dream that my children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
Haven't you heard? We don't have the right to quote MLK any more because, you know, we ain't black.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

I'm tired of the whole white privilege thing. It's bigoted and prejudiced.

Just because my skin is lighter than someone else's, that necessarily means I was rewarded? May I tell you about the time I didn't get a job because, as the potential employer said, "We'd like to hire you, we were kind of looking for a black person"?

I celebrated my white privilege for days after that.

Reversed racism. What ever happened to that phrase? I haven’t heard it used in the public “dialogue” in a very long time.

Online Hoodat

Haven't you heard? We don't have the right to quote MLK any more because, you know, we ain't black.

We don't have the right to quote King because we haven't paid royalty fees to the King Center.

Milking the Dream

Jared Taylor, American Renaissance, February 2002

.  .  .  The Kings have copyrighted nearly every word the patriarch uttered, and are ruthless about asserting their rights. In 1993, for example, the family sued USA Today, which had celebrated the 30th anniversary of the 1,600-word “I Have a Dream” speech by reprinting it. The family would not relent, and the newspaper finally paid a $1,700 reprint fee, plus the King Center’s considerable legal costs. In the current era of abasement, few were rude enough to point out that such punctilious insistence on intellectual property rights ill becomes the family of a man who was, himself, a life-long plagiarist.

In 1996, the King Center sued CBS because it included excerpts from the “dream” speech in a five-part video series called The 20th Century with Mike Wallace. CBS had filmed the speech in 1963, and not surprisingly thought it had the right to its own archives. The King center thought otherwise, and sued for royalties, giving up only after it lost both in trial court and on appeal.

The saintly veil that has been cast over King and everything he touched has no doubt kept a lot of ugly maneuvering out of the public eye, but by 1987 the pattern was clear. That year, Mrs. King and the King Center sued Boston University to get back 83,000 King papers the university had held since the 1960s. The King Center already had more than 100,000 such papers but wanted every single one. After six years of legal skirmishing, the case went to trial. Boston University produced a 1964 letter from King saying his papers were to become the university’s “absolute property” upon his death. Mrs. King claimed never to have seen the letter. The university then produced a letter she herself had written in 1967 acknowledging the existence of the earlier letter. Mrs. King then switched tactics and insisted King had changed his mind about where the papers were to end up, but could show no evidence for this. A jury — including two blacks and a Hispanic — found for the university in 1987, but Mrs. King would not back down. She kept the appeal process going until she lost decisively in 1995.

When it comes to suing, the Kings judge not by the color of someone’s skin but by the content of his bank account.   .  .  .

https://www.amren.com/news/2017/01/milking-the-dream/

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

So isn't that the very definition of racist?

That the color of your skin defines you?

MLK had exactly the opposite message.
Liberals are the most racist people in the country. But it is what Bush called, 'Soft Racism'.
That means that Liberals think that 'people of color' are so stupid and untalented that they could never compete with White people on a level playing field. They believe that it is their 'calling' to fix the inherent primitive nature of Black/Brown people by giving them special advantages and priority in everything. The way Liberals think is that on an SAT test, non-Whites Black/Brown people who are not Asians should start with a score of 500 over everybody else. Because otherwise they would be unable to compete. They do not want to punish non-White people for crime because Liberals say, 'They cannot help it. That is just their nature.'

So again, this is the MOST racist position anyone could possibly take. White Liberals believe that Black/Brown people are so backward they could not possibly survive without their guidance and help.

In that sense, Fonda and other rich White Liberals like her view 'minorities' as like their pets, that they have to care for lest they die.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline goatprairie

Henry Fonda as talented of an actor that he was, may have been one of the worst parents of all time, spawning two POS of the magnitude.
Yeah, but Reagan had Patty and Ron Jr. two liberal dipsticks. He did have Maureen and adopted Mike however. I don't know if Henry Fonda had any other children.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 02:55:20 am by goatprairie »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Are there some black Americans who are richer than some white Americans in the country?

Yes, there are.

So much for white privilege.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 07:22:51 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I can testify it ain't any easier being poor white trash, redneck, or hillbilly. There ain't no privilege at all in that. Just as cursed. Just as looked-down-upon.
And nobody's rioting for our cause.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
And nobody's rioting for our cause.

Yep, when poorer whites riot ATF/FBI/DHS squashes it like a bug (Waco, Ruby Ridge, etc.)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline goatprairie

What all the liberals ignore is that EVERYBODY!! in America is privileged. Privileged with the chance to make something out of yourself. I don't think there are any  billionaires in sub-Saharan Africa who aren't government thieves.
However, there is a catch. You have to have a good attitude, work hard, and keep getting on the horse after you fall off.
Now, if you have a real sh*tty attitude, your chances of success are pretty slim. Unfortunately, that fits the description of many Americans today.