Author Topic: Five things to know about Trump's legal power under the Insurrection Act  (Read 227 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Five things to know about Trump's legal power under the Insurrection Act
By Morgan Chalfant and John Kruzel - 06/02/20 03:22 PM EDT
\

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 232011)

President Trump is threatening to deploy U.S. troops to states and cities that don’t crack down on destructive protests that have gripped the nation amid the uproar over the killing of an unarmed black man in police custody.

In order to send troops to police the streets, Trump would need to invoke an 1807 law known as the Insurrection Act, which authorizes the commander-in-chief to deploy active-duty troops within the United States to enforce federal or state laws under certain circumstances.

Here are five things to know about the statute.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/500730-five-things-to-know-about-trumps-legal-power-under-the-insurrection
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mortarman

Notice that jus' as in the Civil War an' in the 1950s that it was the Dis-Loyal Opposition who were opposed to this.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.